View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 828 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 328728778818824825826827828829830831832838878928 ... LastLast
Results 12,406 to 12,420 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Sis 'Star clearly needs some drag queen guidance, 'cause that wig is hideous. Also, it sucks that he starts with a cute outfit that really reminds me of the far superior Peter David Shatterstar, and then when he actually joins the team, he's wearing that hideous Liefeld Shatterstar costume. It's like a backwards fashion statement. But looks aside, I'm looking forward to the character. Hopefully those rumors weren't true, 'cause I want my Ricstar fix when the X-Force movie hits.
    The hideous wig plus fact that he "upgrades" to the ridiculous Liefeld costume makes me suspect they're true, since it makes it seem like he's a character there to be the butt of jokes. I can see the EXTREEEEEME members of the team like 90's 'Star and Bedlam getting picked off during the air dive as a trope subversion. Plus Negasonic being gay/bi would be one way to deflect any backlash that would come from splatting a character that's LGBT in the comics, especially since she's a lot more likely to be a mainstay of the franchise than Shatterstar.

Phyla Vell will be in the Guardians cartoon this weekend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIFl0YMugLo

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Man, she looks awesome. Voice is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The hideous wig plus fact that he "upgrades" to the ridiculous Liefeld costume makes me suspect they're true
    They're actually shown fighting on the ground in the trailer and they recently went through a round of heavy reshoots that were supposedly to beef up Domino and Cable's roles after test audiences liked them. spoilers:
    I'm thinking it's possible they used the reshoots to undue X-Forces deaths because the audience liked them as well.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    OMG! NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR MY FAVORITE SPACE LESBIAN! I LOVE how powerful she's portrayed here. The animation looks SO GOOD, too. And I love Ming-Na Wen, but her voice is not exactly what I expected for Phyla. I'm sure it'll grow on me, though. Not sure how to feel about the whole ''Accuser'' thing. Hopefully she won't be just some generic Kree villain in this and have some actual substance as a character.

Seriously how have there been two gotg movies plus infinity war and we still haven’t seen phylla fell and moondragon. Clearly the fans are asking for them a lot. Whenever I see a “what do you want to see in a sequel” I always see them

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Seriously how have there been two gotg movies plus infinity war and we still haven’t seen phylla fell and moondragon. Clearly the fans are asking for them a lot. Whenever I see a “what do you want to see in a sequel” I always see them
    The answer is very simple: Marvel knew it would be hard to use them without acknowledging they're a couple and therefore allowing openly queer people to exist in their cinematic universe, so it was easier to just scrap them from the story altogether. There was even this rumor once about how James Gunn told a fan they wouldn't let him use them, but I don't know if that's true or not. We'll see how things go from phase 4 on, specially after Gunn teased Quasar (he didn't specify which one) appearing in GOTG 3. Hopefully things have changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    OMG! NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR MY FAVORITE SPACE LESBIAN! I LOVE how powerful she's portrayed here. The animation looks SO GOOD, too. And I love Ming-Na Wen, but her voice is not exactly what I expected for Phyla. I'm sure it'll grow on me, though. Not sure how to feel about the whole ''Accuser'' thing. Hopefully she won't be just some generic Kree villain in this and have some actual substance as a character.
    Guardians is probably the Marvel cartoon with the most solid animation, not that that's saying much compared to the other cartoons (and it's still stuck with a very drab and muted color palette for some reason).

I remember on EMH she had this ethereal, British, voice, though that was also the same show where Rocket was first portrayed as Scottish .

The Week In Gay.

In Ms. Marvel #29, Zoe gets a new crush.

Avengers #689 has a one-panel America cameo, a little bit of Toni (never enough!), and Lightning saving the day by being clever.

Venomized has D-Man, I guess.

X-Men Gold #26 has a bit of Iceman.

And I'm assuming Tales of Suspense #104 featured the long-awaited Clint/Bucky smooch the series was presumably building to. No? Then what was this comic even for!

Ultimate Member

Seriously how have there been two gotg movies plus infinity war and we still haven’t seen phylla fell and moondragon. Clearly the fans are asking for them a lot. Whenever I see a “what do you want to see in a sequel” I always see them.
    Oh, I'm still bummed that Moondragon hasn't been introduced in the MCU as one of the 'daughters of Thanos' (since we know he has a penchant for kidnapping young girls from families / cultures he's had killed, per Gamora and Nebula, and empowering them and raising them as his enforcers, and that he had the Mind Stone, capable of empowering the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver). Drax finding out that his daughter had actually lived, and been raised as one of Thanos' daughters would have been many times more powerful a story than anything involving Mantis, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Avengers #689 has a one-panel America cameo, a little bit of Toni (never enough!), and Lightning saving the day by being clever.
    Lightning really got to shine here, and I wish it didn't seem so likely that he (and Toni and 'Berto and Janet and various other characters from this arc) wasn't headed for limbo.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-22-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh, I'm still bummed that Moondragon hasn't been introduced in the MCU as one of the 'daughters of Thanos' (since we know he has a penchant for kidnapping young girls from families / cultures he's had killed, per Gamora and Nebula, and empowering them and raising them as his enforcers, and that he had the Mind Stone, capable of empowering the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver). Drax finding out that his daughter had actually lived, and been raised as one of Thanos' daughters would have been many times more powerful a story than anything involving Mantis, IMO.
    On the other hand, I doubt Moondragon could be as cute as Mantis. Because she is just the cutest and I love her.

The answer is "Chinese box office." Which is pissing me off since Black Panther made almost a billion before it even opened in China.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    In other news, Lightning had a really strong showing in the latest issue of Avengers! And it seems that it was Ewing who thought about pulling him out of limbo and using him here, which is no surprise as Ewing tends to give us good LGBT content.
    Ehhhhh. I always feel Ewing gets WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much praise for his LGBT+ content, disproportionate to other writers. But I'm pleased he's using Living Lightning.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay.

I'm so impressed and pleased that Miguel got to have such a key role in saving the day. Good for him!

As for "never enough" Toni--while I agree with you that I'd love to see her (and Aikku) get more to do, I think if we were to look back at the entire "No Surrender" arc, and count how many issues Toni (and Miguel) got to have a speaking role in, how many they got to actively participate in the events of the issue--and then compare that to every other Avenger in the storyline, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at just how prominent Toni actually was. Its just harder to see looking at individual issues one at a time since there is such a large cast competing for panel time.

Venomized has D-Man, I guess.
    And teen Iceman. And Hercules. There's all sorts of characters running around this one.

And I'm assuming Tales of Suspense #104 featured the long-awaited Clint/Bucky smooch the series was presumably building to. No? Then what was this comic even for!
    I know that was sarcastic, but what it was for was to resurrect the Black Widow--which is why Clint and Bucky basically became superfluous to the story once Tasha stepped back onto the stage. It was still a fun read, but people just there for either Clint or Bucky would be mostly disappointed in the last two chapters of the arc.

And on the non-Marvel front, the latest issue of the EMPOWERED & SISTAH SPOOKY'S HIGH SCHOOL HELL miniseries also came out, and also featured a flashback to Spooky's girlfriend Hannah.

Well Ewing IS the writer who scooped up and WROTE WELL: America on the Ultimates— even establishing her first romance IIRC, Billy and Teddy in the New Avengers furthering their mythos , Connecting Toni and Aikku in USAvengers and then plucked Lightning from obscurity!
    And based on his very passionate interviews I’d say the ally component is STRONG in this one