View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 834 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 334734784824830831832833834835836837838844884934 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Romeo ghosted Bobby because Bunn couldn't be bothered to deal with a relationship beyond the underwhelming Scott/Jean/Jimmy triangle.
    Well obviously but can he at least put his BS reason on page!?!?
    Last edited by Journey; 05-02-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Romeo ghosted Bobby because Bunn couldn't be bothered to deal with a relationship beyond the underwhelming Scott/Jean/Jimmy triangle.
    Wait I thought we had a square, I thought Hank loved her too

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well obviously but can he at least put his BS reason on page!?!?
    Then he'd still have to actually deal with it. Romeo ghosting means he doesn't have to bother developing the relationship, nor get flack for breaking them up off-screen. So he gets to make it another writer's problem (or not; Brisson could always send the 05 back without resolving it). At this point, I just assume the two of them broke up after baby Bobby's second Iceman cameo.

Then he'd still have to actually deal with it. Romeo ghosting means he doesn't have to bother developing the relationship, nor get flack for breaking them up off-screen. So he gets to make it another writer's problem (or not; Brisson could always send the 05 back without resolving it). At this point, I just assume the two of them broke up after baby Bobby's second Iceman cameo.
    Well he's shitty writer for that, if that is indeed the case.

Ok I'm confused there was rumors of there being lesbian undertones between Okoye and Ayo cut from Black Panther and now they release a deleted scene showing Okoye is married to W'Kabi.

Astonishing Member

Okoye and W'Kabi were shown to be a couple in the movie as well, so that isn't a new reveal. But yeah, I'm not sure where a lesbian subtext would have fit in--unless it was a much earlier draft of the script before Okoye and W'Kabi were made a couple?

Square, as Scott and Bloodstorm seem to have an attraction.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Ok I'm confused there was rumors of there being lesbian undertones between Okoye and Ayo cut from Black Panther and now they release a deleted scene showing Okoye is married to W'Kabi.
    I'm not sure Okoye was ever supposed to be queer in the movies. We know that there was a flirting scene, but since it was cut and it's unlikely it'll get released (one of the screenwriters literally pretented he didn't know it ever existed, LOL), we won't know for sure if it was supposed to be mutual or just one-sided. In the comics, Ayo is the one who's queer, and it's possible the scene was there just to hint at that, without showing Okoye reciprocating. Or maybe they were trying to hint Okoye was bi, without taking things far and making her cheat or her husband. Or maybe they were going even further and hinting at an open marriage. Who knows? I doubt we will ever find out.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-02-2018 at 11:03 PM.

I'm convinced Bloodstorm is a lowkey butch lesbian... IDK why *shrugs*

I fully support you doing you, but, just FYI, she's still crushing on Tykelops pretty hard in Venomized #5. Which still seems weird to me considering she's presumably a fair bit older than him, but better that than having any gay content with Iceman, apparently!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ok, it's official: the marketing for the Deadpool movie has me DEAD. Sister Deadpool serving you beauty, grace and moves.

(It would be nice if the amount of effort they put into making Wade look queer was the same amount they put into letting him actually be queer, tho.)

I mean, she should be. But sadly, Bunn is clearly a Scott/Ororo shipper, or at least shipteaser.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I fully support you doing you, but, just FYI, she's still crushing on Tykelops pretty hard in Venomized #5. Which still seems weird to me considering she's presumably a fair bit older than him, but better that than having any gay content with Iceman, apparently!
    I doubt Bunn is actively avoiding putting in gay content specifically - his run on FEARLESS DEFENDERS was pretty gay, for example. Its a shame that Iceman has been getting so underused, but I don't think its because Bunn doesn't want to write a gay relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Ok, it's official: the marketing for the Deadpool movie has me DEAD. Sister Deadpool serving you beauty, grace and moves.

(It would be nice if the amount of effort they put into making Wade look queer was the same amount they put into letting him actually be queer, tho.)
    LOL. Thanks for sharing that....it made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I doubt Bunn is actively avoiding putting in gay content specifically - his run on FEARLESS DEFENDERS was pretty gay, for example. Its a shame that Iceman has been getting so underused, but I don't think its because Bunn doesn't want to write a gay relationship.
    Oh yeah, I loved Fearless Defenders* and didn't mean to imply anything like that, but I just find BloodClops a weird ship/tease and I was intending to also reference the lack of Iceman (and Warren) content in Blue. Sorry for not being clearer.

*Sidenote: IMO, Bunn hasn't been that fun or engaging since that period with Magneto, his fun Deadpool minis and the wonderful Fearless Defenders. I used to really like his stuff and it's just gotten more and more stale to me, which is a shame. Monsters Unleashed and Venomverse (which has those fun lead-in one-shots by other teams) were disappointingly bland I thought.