View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 835 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 335735785825831832833834835836837838839845885935 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Oh yeah, I loved Fearless Defenders* and didn't mean to imply anything like that, but I just find BloodClops a weird ship/tease and I was intending to also reference the lack of Iceman (and Warren) content in Blue. Sorry for not being clearer.
    Scott/Ororo isn't one of the bigger ships, but it is a ship that's out there. There was an X-Men story where an alternate reality version of Ororo was married to Scott. There seemed to be potential hints during the period when Jean was dead, but before Scott met Maddie. It obviously never went anywhere and it very well may have been intended as a close friendship, but I do wonder if Claremont was considering a romance between them.

Anyway, 4am Week In Gay! Yeah!

X-Men Gold has Iceman vaguely present. And is also a bad comic. Teen Iceman is vaguely present in Venomized.

Astonishing X-Men has Mystique and Psylocke.

Wait, that can't really be it, can it? Wow. Light week. Gambit's in Astonishing and in Rogue & Gambit, if you count him. But what with Avengers going back to its classic No Gays Allowed rules, and Marvel just generally not being in much of a mood right now to do a single damn thing with a single one of their gay characters, yeah, the gay content's gotten very, very light.

Actually, let's take a look at what we've got in May. There's Runaways. Wilson's indicated something exciting for Zoe. Koi Boi in Squirrel Girl, but we'll see if him being trans ever gets directly stated on-panel. (That would require Marvel actually acknowledge trans people exist, and they sure as hell don't seem to be in any great hurry to do that. "Want to do it right" is a bullshit excuse, because it just means they don't do it at all.) D-Man in Lockjaw. Valkyrie in Exiles, but again, we'll see whether her maiden-wooing gets referenced. Actually, no, I think we do know that there's at the least some incredibly non-subtle flirtation between her and the female Bucky, right? Daken in Blue and one of those Hunt For Blandverine minis. Rictor in New Mutants. Gabby in Red and Wolverine, but who knows how long it'll take for her sexuality to actually get addressed. Same with Viv in Champions. So, still not a whole lot, and a few of them are only implied, or cases where writers have made vague comments about exploring it.

At least we have the Wakanda Forever one-shots starting in June. I'm hoping for Angela in Thor in July (though I don't expect any references to Sera, because Marvel seems dead-set on pretending she never existed, because again, that would mean acknowledging an openly trans character, something they really, really seem reluctant to do right now). But yeah, there's not much noteworthy LGBTQ+ content on the horizon, either. Incredibly lame.

We've got Karma, Rictor, Prodigy and potentially another cameo from Shatterstar over in Dead Souls, at least. I think it might be the most LGBTQ-heavy title Marvel has going right now. Too bad it's just a mini.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

That Celine Dion song for Deadpool is amazing
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

God it’s fun seeing a male superhero who is ogled as much as the women have been

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    God it’s fun seeing a male superhero who is ogled as much as the women have been
    In the movies at least, male superheroes have been much more objectified than female superheroes for a while now. A part of that has been the overall lack of female superheroes quite frankly, but there's been a definite shift. Every male superhero in the MCU who has had their own movie has had a shirtless scene, often for no other reason than to show off the actor's body. I'm not complaining obviously, it's a great thing in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Every male superhero in the MCU who has had their own movie has had a shirtless scene, often for no other reason than to show off the actor's body.
    Was there a T'Challa shirtless scene? Oh yeah, at the waterfall, never mind! It escaped my mind because it seemed less gratuitous than the others (which seemed to exist solely to show off the actors abs).

And every *female* superhero in the MCU who has had their own movie... Oh wait...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Was there a T'Challa shirtless scene? Oh yeah, at the waterfall, never mind! It escaped my mind because it seemed less gratuitous than the others (which seemed to exist solely to show off the actors abs).

And every *female* superhero in the MCU who has had their own movie... Oh wait...
    Oh, that waterfall fight did my heart good.

I just don't know if a Black Widow film would work. But I said the same thing about the third Thor film and Black Panther. Surprise me, Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh, that waterfall fight did my heart good.

I just don't know if a Black Widow film would work. But I said the same thing about the third Thor film and Black Panther. Surprise me, Disney!
    There are multiple ways to do a fantastic Black Widow film, though I frankly dislike Johansson's performances. But you could go dark, darker than any previous Marvel film, fill it with stealthy kills, a little bit of torture, and a really heavy story playing up themes of betrayal and redemption and necessity and ****. Or, you could make it James Bond. Over-the-top, loads of fun, with a bunch of ridiculous gadgets.

Either way, also include lots of infiltration and disguises and stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    There are multiple ways to do a fantastic Black Widow film, though I frankly dislike Johansson's performances. But you could go dark, darker than any previous Marvel film, fill it with stealthy kills, a little bit of torture, and a really heavy story playing up themes of betrayal and redemption and necessity and ****. Or, you could make it James Bond. Over-the-top, loads of fun, with a bunch of ridiculous gadgets.

Either way, also include lots of infiltration and disguises and stuff.
    It would be fun to see her dress in lots of pretty dresses.

Honestly, she's actually a bit better when she's allowed to be funny.

Shatterstar on the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Shatterstar on the poster
    Don't forget Negasonic and Yoiki. And arguably Wade himself

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It would be fun to see her dress in lots of pretty dresses.

Honestly, she's actually a bit better when she's allowed to be funny.
    Dresses, disguises, suits. She's gotta wear a tux at some point. Because women in tuxes is very much my fetish, and I don't mind admitting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Don't forget Negasonic and Yoiki. And arguably Wade himself
    Is it just me, or does it look like Yoiki's electric whip there is wrapping around Negasonic? Kinda cute.

Seeing shatterstar there gives me hope of seeing a dazzler movie one day

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Seeing shatterstar there gives me hope of seeing a dazzler movie one day
    Perhaps with the Shatterstar is his own dad plot from X-Factor.