View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 841 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 341741791831837838839840841842843844845851891941 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,615 of 16974

The cover of Runaways #12 with Nico has the bi flag colors. Anka liked a bunch of comments on twitter that pointed that out.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    LOL. I honestly can't even tell if that person was chiming in on the "characters you don't think should be LGBT" conversation or if they were just a homophobic troll popping in to say LGBT characters suck. It was probably just a troll.

Also great choice of gif, considering recent events.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 05-23-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Quentin is a deeply damaged and insecure boy who acts out and postures and hyperbolizes his self importance because he's scared. He self sabotages and blunders his way through his relationships -- platonic or otherwise.
    Wow, you articulated exactly what drives me so mad about Quire and him being pushed as a minority representation. What you described sounds like the psychological profile of a white boy school shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I have my own weird headcanons about Quentin and Benji that I understand it's mostly just projection and I feel like I shouldn't say it here lol.
    Why would you wish that on poor Benji? Or yourself if it's projection?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Do you feel this way about people in real life, too? Seems like it would be a harmful sentiment.

And which character were you talking about? Black Tom or Juggernaut?
    Juggernaut. He strikes me as a painful sexual partner.

That said I’m definitely over the gay in prison stereotype

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I love how open to interpretation Quire's portrayal was in Strain's Generation X.

I didn't feel he was intended to be low key queer or bi or remotely into Benji in that way.

I always felt that their relationship was based on this:
    Quentin is a deeply damaged and insecure boy who acts out and postures and hyperbolizes his self importance because he's scared. He self sabotages and blunders his way through his relationships -- platonic or otherwise.
    Benji is a deeply empathetic boy who recognizes all these character flaws and regularly defends Quentin knowing full well where his posturing comes from and likely doesn't want to be yet another relationship/person who abandons him.

Their relationship is very complex in my mind, but I never interpreted it as romantic or even leaning in the direction.
    Quire knew Benji is gay and that he and Nathaniel were attracted to each other. All of his behavior and body language toward Benji was to annoy Nathaniel. Quire postures himself an attention whore, which led to him regularly placing himself between Benji and Nathaniel to ignite Nat's jealousy, because FUN. It was amusing and it fed his ego.

Again, this is all my own perspective, but I find it so fascinating that we can all have such different vantage points on this kind of thing.
    See, I agree re Quintin not being in to Benji romantically, but saw his posteruing and more to do with his insecurities - Benji seems to accept him and want to be his friend, he's afraid to lose that, so he tries to keep Benji to himself by acting the way he does.

That he gets to wind up Nat at the same time is just a bonus.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wow, you articulated exactly what drives me so mad about Quire and him being pushed as a minority representation. What you described sounds like the psychological profile of a white boy school shooter.
    Wow I suppose so.
    Damn.

He DID form a gang, target those with opposing views, incite a riot and encourage violence.
    However his motivation revolved around that of feeling helpless against human on mutant violence/intolerance, which was exacerbated by the experimentation with mutant steroid inhalant in the form of "KICK" augmenting those feelings.
    Hmm... gonna review his wiki history because I thought there was other stuff going on with him prior to the riot, unrelated to human/mutant violence.
    Okay, so, let me be clear, I'm NOT excusing white boy school shooters in my rant (good gawd no), but when looking through the lens of Quire's narrative as a radical youth suffering from a number of cumbersome and unattended emotional destabilizations (feeling unloved by family, finding out you're adopted, being bullied at school despite your numerous academic achievements, being romantically rejected, being outraged over the death of a prominent mutant designer and not seeing justice for that death, etc) --HOW children who attend Xavier's are not ALL deeply traumatized people is BEYOND me, but I digress.... SEEING where Quire is NOW, after several near-villainy outbursts (I feel like writers really jump all over the place with who they want this kid to be), maybe I'm wearing my idealist goggles, but thanks to Christina Strain's run, I FELT for Quire THROUGH Benji. And that's pretty incredible.

But REAL TALK: feeling isolated and underappreciated and even like a victim is not unique -- especially in your formative years of adolescence. I just wish that enough kids like Quire found divine intervention to send folks like Benji or Jubilee or whomever to help them move beyond their self absorption/isolation.

Long and short of it: Quire is a twat but he's not evil.

Has Morrison spoken about what he intended Quire to turn into down the line? Full blown villain or be put on the path to redemption?

Either way, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when he is pushed as representation for the next generation of groups facing discrimination. Could you imagine the fanboy outrage over the character behaving like he did if he were a POC or unambiguously LGBT since his conception? For instance, both fans and some writers are overtly enthusiastic to pull Daken down several notches for "being too cool" by humiliating him, depicting him as cartoonishly evil or killing him off altogether.

Meanwhile, Quire is repeatedly picked over several others of his mutant brethren (most of whom are POC and LGBT) to be featured in books, and is usually shown in a far more favourable light.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Never heard of Jug/BTC shipping before, but I can't say I'm surprised it exists. I wouldn't oppose Juggernaut being queer, though. Purely for kinky fanart reasons. I don't think there's any character I wouldn't want being LGBTQ, really. Like I've said before, that kind of representation should come from all different kinds of characters, not just the ones I particularly like or relate to. I mean, if someone out there might appreciate it for some reason and want to read about it, then it's fine by me.
    I mean, that kind of fanart already exists (not of that couple that I know of, but of Juggy with other characters). There's no real needfor Juggernaut to be gay for it to exist, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    LOL. I honestly can't even tell if that person was chiming in on the "characters you don't think should be LGBT" conversation or if they were just a homophobic troll popping in to say LGBT characters suck. It was probably just a troll.

Also great choice of gif, considering recent events.
    Sheesh!
    Have you considered he might just not be a fan of those characters? Not everything is a homophobic troll.
    I personally would hate for Quire to be considered gay or bi, because I despise the character. Not because I hate LGBT characters. LOL
    Talk about jumping to conclusions.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Sheesh!
    Have you considered he might just not be a fan of those characters? Not everything is a homophobic troll.
    I personally would hate for Quire to be considered gay or bi, because I despise the character. Not because I hate LGBT characters. LOL
    Talk about jumping to conclusions ABOUT jumping to conclusions.....

The comment
    All of these characters suck.
    LACKS any quotation, nor does it specify characters being discussed, so its not entirely unreasonable to suspect a comment like
    All of these characters suck
    may be intended as a broad spectrum insult.

Its the internet.

As the expression goes:
    Sheesh!

Quasar and Moondragon (or alternate versions of them) are in the preview of the next issue of Infinity Countdown.

Sheesh!
    LOL the poster in question goes around accusing Marvel of having an SJW agenda and bending to leftists. It's pretty clear why they popped in to say that.

I miss Ultimate!Colossus , I really dug that interpretation of the character and his coming out story. Would have loved to have seen more of him and Ultimate!Northstar.

I really identified with that Piotr.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Phyla and Moondragon are just so extra and I love them.

I would love to see what they are like going on a date...

It occurs to me that I've missed out on making a Deadpool 2 related joke when the topic of disliking a Juggernaut/Black Tom pairing came up. Oh well.
    Loved the film BTW. Cable wasn't nearly as insufferable as he is in the comics. And I'm very glad about Shatterstar in the movie. I've mentioned my dislike of the character before, I'm sure. And I let out a really loud chortle in the cinema at a specific scene. People who have watched the movie will know what I'm talking about.
    I only wish Negasonic and Yukio were in it more. I wanted to see more of them and Yukio's power, but I really felt they were wasted. Hopefully they'll get a bigger part in the next movie.

Talk about jumping to conclusions ABOUT jumping to conclusions.....

The comment LACKS any quotation, nor does it specify characters being discussed, so its not entirely unreasonable to suspect a comment like may be intended as a broad spectrum insult.

Its the internet.

As the expression goes:
    I fail to see where you think I jumped to a conclusion. MoM was clearly accusing him of being a troll. That isn't an assumption. That's what was typed out.
    Also, what you are describing is the very definition of making assumptions. Assuming a negative comment is a troll simply because it lacks further explanation. It might very well be correct, but it's still an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    LOL the poster in question goes around accusing Marvel of having an SJW agenda and bending to leftists. It's pretty clear why they popped in to say that.
    I'll take your word on that. I can't say I've seen him post all that much one way or another. But then I don't go into that many diferent threads.
    In that case, I would simply suggest not to feed the trolls.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Phyla and Moondragon are just so extra and I love them.

I would love to see what they are like going on a date...
    Lots of drama. Of that there is no doubt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I mean, that kind of fanart already exists (not of that couple that I know of, but of Juggy with other characters). There's no real needfor Juggernaut to be gay for it to exist, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.
    Oh, I'm well aware things don't have to be canon for fanart about them to exist. It's just more satisfying to know that those arts can actually be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Quasar and Moondragon (or alternate versions of them) are in the preview of the next issue of Infinity Countdown.

Also Genis, who is theorized to be some kind of sexually fluid by some people. And I'm assuming one of the males who popped up there could also be Noh-Varr, who's also possibly queer. And who knows, maybe some version of Teddy is there too. When you think of it, there is a LOT of queer context/subtext around the Captain Marvel legacy, and I freaking love it. Still wishing this one-shot will lead to a Marvel Family team book with all those characters together. I NEED IT.