View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 848 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 348748798838844845846847848849850851852858898948 ... LastLast
Results 12,706 to 12,720 of 16974

Helping where I can on this:

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Anole: Wallpaper, at best. Shows up when the X-Men need background students/cannon fodder for their latest extinction story.
    Anole just had a decent couple of appearances over in Old Man Logan #39 & 40. Got to talk and throw punches and everything! Too bad most of the focus was on Glob's lack of a romantic life, though. First and last time Vic got any play on-page was back in Amazing X-Men #13.

Northstar: He and his cardboard cutout husband have not done a thing since getting married. At least he isn't getting killed off multiple times a month, anymore.
    Northstar was one of the primary cast over in Amazing X-Men and got to be part of a Battleworld short with Psylocke and Kyle. It's since the IvX era hit that he vanished into the ether with every other B-List-and-below mutant they hadn't decided whether or not to kill off with M-Pox. He and Kyle had minor speaking parts over in issues #9 and 10 of the Iceman solo, so at least we got proof of life. But I'd appreciate more content for these two that I don't have to write and/or commission myself.

Wiccan: Missing. No plotline since moving in with Teddy.
    Are we counting AU versions? Because there was one running around in that short-lived Dr Strange book for a bit. More than a cameo, but not massively compelling either.

Ultimate Colossus: Who even knows...
    Ultimate Northstar: Same...
    Both most likely dead, Northstar more likely to be than Colossus, given that he hasn't been seen since before Ultimatum. And woo boy, could I go on a rant about missed chances and same-sex couples apparently being too scary for even the grim n' gritty "mature" Ultimate-verse.

Hercules: Same boat as Loki, but somehow worse. At least he had an alternate reality version of himself, who lived and loved openly...
    Who was then killed off as part of a deck-clearing exercise in a crossover no one gave a damn about anyway. His lover and Wolverine AU, Governor Howlett, decided to pull an Orpheus and went down to the Underworld to find him, but we haven't gotten to see that story and neither one has been seen since. Someone should nudge Greg Pak about that, given that they're his creations and the dude's writing two Weapon X-type books right now.

Ultimate Member

Reading zinderel's list, there are a lot of characters there I miss!

I had forgotten that Panacea's real name was Ash, and a search of marvel wiki for 'Ash' leads to an article about the guy from Ash vs. the Evil Dead, which made me laugh. She may have been romantically linked with fellow Inhuman, Captain Swain, last I saw. They were all hand in hand (and tail in tail, being as they both happen to have tails...).

It's a puzzler to me that Raz Malhotra isn't part of the Champions. He's about the right age, and certainly fits their dynamic.

Toni Ho and Aikku 'Pod' are also two that I'd like to see back. I'm fairly certain that 'Pod' can't be dead for good, since the 'planetary defense system' for Mars was still banging around despite the planet being lifeless...

Ah, Cullen Bloodstone. One of the only things worth bringing out of Battle Royale 2/Hunger Games: the murdered teen hero edition. I'd love an Elsa Bloodstone mini, and he'd be a perfect supporting character for that.

Striker (along with Finesse and Reptil) were my favorite alumni of the short-lived Avengers Academy, and he's another one I'd love to see again. Given what a prat he can be, I'm not sure I don't like anyone else enough to see him date them... Maybe Romeo, the Inhuman?

Machinesmith was always a favorite, although he's got some yikes-worthy past ties to Nazi villains to get past.

Bling!, Moondragon, Living Lightning, America Chavez, there's a ton of great characters out there.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There's some speculation an advertised annoucnement from Johnny deals with his sexuality.
    Not a chance, unless it's to tell us he's married a woman and has a kid on the way.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Squirrel Girl has a trans man character, but it's not actually said on-panel; we see a binder in a single panel in a single issue, and that's it, so there's room for that series to improve.
    I agree that SQUIRREL GIRL has room to improve, but Koi Boi's binder has been seen more than that--it was also seen for a couple of pages in the graphic novel when Squirrel Girl and friends are running around in their underwear after leaving their costumes behind as decoys so they could escape their enemy.

Also I'd say Nancy is at least implied to be bisexual. When Mole Man accused her of being in love with Squirrel Girl she didn't deny it. When Doreen asked her if Stephan was her first crush she replied that she liked tons of people before, as opposed to "guys" or "boys", etc. Its not explicit (again, room for improvement) but it is at least hinted at.

Astonishing Member

:
    Sera: Seemingly erased from canon.
    How? She's missing and badly under-used, sure. But she was referenced in Bendis' GOTG and more recently in the THOR/HULK miniseries (which came out after took place earlier), so I don't think she's been erased from canon.

D-man: Dead as of Venomized, alive in Lockjaw. Who the hell even knows, since Marvel doesn't seem to care about continuity or coherent timelines anymore.
    VENOMIZED has to take place before LOCKJAW, since Dennis still had his powers in VENOMIZED but was depowered and retired (for now) in LOCKJAW. So he's still alive.

Raz Malhotra: Is...he still Giant Man? Has he been seen at all recently...?
    He was seen just a couple of weeks ago in the final issue of Duggan's DEADPOOL run. Still active as Giant-Man.

Flatman: Still a joke.
    No, he isn't. He is a character who is often used in series with a comedic tone, but that's not the same thing. He is currently in comics limbo with the rest of the GLA though, waiting to get used in a guest appearance somewhere...

Quasar[/B]: Avril got eaten by a Chitauri leviathan in her first major story. Didnt die, but was in a coma for pretty much the entire event. Woke up and broke Hydra's barrier around earth. Disappeared.
    According to the CAPTAIN MARVEL issues Avril died in the process of breaking the barrier around Earth, but that was never confirmed in the main SECRET EMPIRE book and no one has ever shown us a body or anything. But Carol was shown mourning her as a fatality of the conflict.

Okoye: Is she queer in comics? She certainly wasn't in the movie, and that's all I know her from...
    Okoye was never said to be LGBT in the comics, but her personal life was never explored in any detail because in the comics the Dora Milaje are not just bodyguards, but traditionally "wives in training" for the king. They are all pledged to be with no one besides the king (even though T'Challa has no interest in them that way). It was suggested that Okoye was in love with T'Challa...but whether or not that was her true feeling or because that was how she was raised to feel, who knows. Anyway, the character has recently returned from comics limbo, and the portrayal of the Dora Milaje has changed since back then--so who knows what direction they may go with her now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I agree that SQUIRREL GIRL has room to improve, but Koi Boi's binder has been seen more than that--it was also seen for a couple of pages in the graphic novel when Squirrel Girl and friends are running around in their underwear after leaving their costumes behind as decoys so they could escape their enemy.

Also I'd say Nancy is at least implied to be bisexual. When Mole Man accused her of being in love with Squirrel Girl she didn't deny it. When Doreen asked her if Stephan was her first crush she replied that she liked tons of people before, as opposed to "guys" or "boys", etc. Its not explicit (again, room for improvement) but it is at least hinted at.
    I think Nancy not responding to Mole Man was more anger at him not understanding why what he was doing was wrong. Like, "If you think that's my problem with all this, you are too stupid for words." Though I do think Nancy has a thing for Doreen, but is unsure if Doreen feels the same way, and is unsure if she wants to pursue a relationship anyway, given how much she loves Doreen as a friend. I also think that, even though we may never see them get together on-panel, they definitely end up together in the future.

Anyway, my point was that Squirrel Girl keeps its LGBTQ+ content pretty much subtext, which is disappointing to me.

VENOMIZED has to take place before LOCKJAW, since Dennis still had his powers in VENOMIZED but was depowered and retired (for now) in LOCKJAW. So he's still alive.
    Plus, given Venomized also killed off Eye-Boy, I think everyone has decided to just ignore the deaths. Because screw that noise.

According to the CAPTAIN MARVEL issues Avril died in the process of breaking the barrier around Earth, but that was never confirmed in the main SECRET EMPIRE book and no one has ever shown us a body or anything. But Carol was shown mourning her as a fatality of the conflict.
    My head-canon is that she's off doing Protector of the Universe stuff. Also, she's run into Singularity a few times and they're good friends now and occasionally team up against particularly odd threats.

Astonishing Member

I think Nancy not responding to Mole Man was more anger at him not understanding why what he was doing was wrong. Like, "If you think that's my problem with all this, you are too stupid for words."
    Possibly. But Nancy is not usually the type to give the silent treatment to something she thinks is wrong--she is usually quite vocal about explaining how stupid it is. So her choosing to not respond on that basis seems out of character for her, imo.

In any case, that one incident on its own would not mean much but when you combine it with the "I've liked lots of people" line and love shown by the future versions of them, I do think it starts to add up as evidence towards Nancy being bi.

Anyway, my point was that Squirrel Girl keeps its LGBTQ+ content pretty much subtext, which is disappointing to me.
    Agreed; I would love to see them start to go further with this.

Plus, given Venomized also killed off Eye-Boy, I think everyone has decided to just ignore the deaths. Because screw that noise.
    I haven't read the end of VENOMIZED--were we actually told explicitly "these characters are dead"? Because it seems odd to me that Bunn would so casually kill off characters like that--it doesn't seem consistent with what I've seen of his work in other books. And, as noted, we've seen some of these allegedly dead characters turn up alive elsewhere...so it just feels like these "deaths" may have been misinterpreted somewhere?

My head-canon is that she's off doing Protector of the Universe stuff. Also, she's run into Singularity a few times and they're good friends now and occasionally team up against particularly odd threats.
    It has been speculated that she may have been killed off to clear the way for Phyla to reclaim the bands and become Quasar again when/if she is brought back. If that is the plan, presumably we'll get confirmation of Avril's status when (if) Phyla returns.

I haven't read the end of VENOMIZED--were we actually told explicitly "these characters are dead"? Because it seems odd to me that Bunn would so casually kill off characters like that--it doesn't seem consistent with what I've seen of his work in other books. And, as noted, we've seen some of these allegedly dead characters turn up alive elsewhere...so it just feels like these "deaths" may have been misinterpreted somewhere?
    Bunn himself said they were dead. Someone asked him about the Poisoned heroes, and Bunn said they were dead. But screw that noise, D-Man and Eye-Boy are just fine.

It has been speculated that she may have been killed off to clear the way for Phyla to reclaim the bands and become Quasar again when/if she is brought back. If that is the plan, presumably we'll get confirmation of Avril's status when (if) Phyla returns.
    I don't know, that would feel like kind of a waste. Phylla doesn't really need the bands to still be a cosmic hero, and killing off a lesbian hero to make room for a different lesbian hero seems a bit . . . iffy. Though it's not like we ever really got to know Avril.

Bunn himself said they were dead. Someone asked him about the Poisoned heroes, and Bunn said they were dead. But screw that noise, D-Man and Eye-Boy are just fine.
    I love how people don't care that Rage also apparently died, but are more concerned about the two mediocre white males

I don't know, that would feel like kind of a waste. Phylla doesn't really need the bands to still be a cosmic hero, and killing off a lesbian hero to make room for a different lesbian hero seems a bit . . . iffy. Though it's not like we ever really got to know Avril.
    Where were these complaints when Phyla was the only GOTG member from the DnA era to remain dead and was replaced by another lesbian female Quasar in Avril?

Astonishing Member

Pride Month's first Week In Gay.

Lockjaw #4 had D-Man. Not sure if it has any more references to his ex.
    Nope, but Dennis did finally reunite with his sister.

Did I miss anything?
    INFINITY COUNTDOWN: CAPTAIN MARVEL one-shot. It was written by openly gay writer Jim McCann and had some cameos by alternate reality versions of Phyla, Moondragon, and Noh-Varr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I love how people don't care that Rage also apparently died, but are more concerned about the two mediocre white males
    I care about Rage too--I just wasn't mentioning him here as he isn't LGBT.

Where were these complaints when Phyla was the only GOTG member from the DnA era to remain dead and was replaced by another lesbian female Quasar in Avril?
    Such complaints were made - people on this board have been commenting about Phyla and wanting her back for years now.

But it also isn't quite the same situation. Avril was not brought in to replace Phyla - Phyla was already long dead and Wendell had resumed the Quasar mantle. Avril replaced Wendell, not Phyla...and I had objections to THAT too--as a Wendell fan I was not pleased with them just shuffling him aside again--especially since it seemed a bit too much like a rerun of the situation with Phyla by having it be another gay woman.

Phyla can be her own person with his own identity--she doesn't need to keep borrowing other people's. And leave Wendell alone and just let him be Quasar, dammit. As for Avril....I liked you well enough and think you had potential, but if the choice is between you or Phyla, or you or Wendell, you're going to lose every time. Sorry.

I knew I was forgetting someone else who'd "died." But yes, Rage is also definitely still alive. And there have been plenty of complaints about Phylla staying dead, calls for her to be rbought back, and criticisms of it being kinda tacky that they made a new lesbian Quasar to replace the old one. I want Phylla back (and reunited with Moondragon), but I see no need for Avril to die for that to happen.

I definetely remember a couple of those when Avril debuted.

I care about Rage too--I just wasn't mentioning him here as he isn't LGBT.
    Just saying that I've seen a lot more outrage on these boards over Eyeboy and D-Man supposedly dying than for Rage
    Such complaints were made - people on this board have been commenting about Phyla and wanting her back for years now.

But it also isn't quite the same situation. Avril was not brought in to replace Phyla - Phyla was already long dead and Wendell had resumed the Quasar mantle. Avril replaced Wendell, not Phyla...and I had objections to THAT too--as a Wendell fan I was not pleased with them just shuffling him aside again--especially since it seemed a bit too much like a rerun of the situation with Phyla by having it be another gay woman.

Phyla can be her own person with his own identity--she doesn't need to keep borrowing other people's. And leave Wendell alone and just let him be Quasar, dammit. As for Avril....I liked you well enough and think you had potential, but if the choice is between you or Phyla, or you or Wendell, you're going to lose every time. Sorry.
    But you could make the same argument that Avril has been dead and forgotten for almost a year now before they've even hinted at bringing back Phyla.

And if Phyla is Requiem then she isn't Quasar and won't be for a while, if ever again.

Ultimate Member

Have Laura, Mercury or Psylocke been confirmed? I know Psylocke had a brief fling with the female part of Fantomex, but wasn't aware of anything clarifying that as her being LGBT+, rather than just carrying on a relationship with someone she already had a relationship with before he became she. Briefly. Then was never spoken of again.

Those are compelling panels of Mercury and Laura, though!!
    As of now nothing about it has been mentioned since the brief fling with Cluster, the female Fantomex, mentioned or even hinted at so I'd say no Psylocke isn't...others have answered Mercury and Laura is depends on who you ask and all, mostly no though...