View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 851 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 351751801841847848849850851852853854855861901951 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 16973
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I find it kind of funny how people are trying not to overreact to Rictor's death because it's not entirely clear that he's actually dead or will remain dead

Meanwhile the same could be said about Eyeboy, D-Man or Rage. We didn't see them die like the other Poisons, and we've seen that other Poisons like Jimmy Hudson and Cletus Cassidy survived the death of the hivemind.
    Rosenberg isn't on social media claiming that Rictor is dead the way Bunn confirmed the deaths of the others in Venomized. Are you upset that there isn't enough of a reaction to Rictor, or that there has been too much of a reaction to the Venomized deaths?

So regarding the new Asgardians book and Bunn mentioning his interest in addressing the sera controversy, was she born a man, and then used magic to change her body kind of like how loki changes into a woman from time to time?
    What Sera controversy? And yes, I believe it was implied Sera transitioned using magic.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 06-08-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Rosenberg isn't on social media claiming that Rictor is dead the way Bunn confirmed the deaths of the others in Venomized. Are you upset that there isn't enough of a reaction to Rictor, or that there has been too much of a reaction to the Venomized deaths?
    A bit of both. The preview itself is saying that Rictor is dead, they're going to his funeral. That's more in story confirmation than we got to Eyeboy and the others.

But no one seems to care that Rictor has basically been a nonentity in this series and so far a quarter of his funeral issue isn't even about him. It's about Magik

A bit of both. The preview itself is saying that Rictor is dead, they're going to his funeral. That's more in story confirmation than we got to Eyeboy and the others.

But no one seems to care that Rictor has basically been a nonentity in this series and so far a quarter of his funeral issue isn't even about him. It's about Magik
    That's fair. I think because upcoming solicits and covers suggest heavily that Rictor isn't permanently dead we aren't seeing as much of a reaction. If it was left more vague and we had Rosenberg on Twitter or whatever saying "yes, he's really dead" There would be much more 'outrage', myself included. Or at least, I hope there would be, I'm not sure how much of a following he has here. As for Rictor being a non-entity in the series, I would say that's debatable. I've mostly enjoyed it, although that could just be because I'm eager for any content at all.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Meanwhile the same could be said about Eyeboy, D-Man or Rage. We didn't see them die like the other Poisons, and we've seen that other Poisons like Jimmy Hudson and Cletus Cassidy survived the death of the hivemind.

The problem with those 3 were that:

1) Eyeboy appeared alive in Gen X within the same fortnight of his death and appeared in OML later (after Bunn said he's deader than Princess Di).

2) D-Man shows up in Lockjaw's book.

3) Everyone thought Nick Spencer killed off Rage (for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    1) Eyeboy appeared alive in Gen X within the same fortnight of his death and appeared in OML later (after Bunn said he's deader than Princess Di)..
    What? Gen X was long cancelled when Eye Boy died.

I'm probably needlessly repeating myself at this point, but again, the reaction to the Venomized deaths was because of Bunn's statement. Tycon had made an earlier thread about the deaths but it didn't gain much traction because they were vague and some of the characters were appearing elsewhere. Then that other user made a thread with the Bunn quote and that's when it blew up.

Any hope we could get an asexual superhero in marvel? if there even is one.

Maybe Rictor will come back, but even a fakeout death can be disrespectful. Remember when Wolverine killed Northstar who was immediately resurrected by the Hand? It was still a dark spot on his history.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    I hope we get some ace representation, but I'm also really hoping that it isn't Viv Vision. I just don't like the implication that you need to be an emotionless machine in order to be asexual.

Let me know when Prodigy or Karma get to actually do something other than sit back and pray the White Devil be their savior.
    It's just so funny how the main villain is KARMA's brother, the team's boss is KARMA, and she guides the direction of the team. Yet, 3 issues out so far, she's only been in 1 issue so far of a SIX-issue mini. And Prodigy gets horribly underused, with his offensive powers being conveniently forgotten so he can be a defenseless damsel.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The problem with those 3 were that:

1) Eyeboy appeared alive in Gen X within the same fortnight of his death and appeared in OML later (after Bunn said he's deader than Princess Di).

2) D-Man shows up in Lockjaw's book.

3) Everyone thought Nick Spencer killed off Rage (for some reason).
    1) Like Wiccan said, Gen X was canceled a while before this started up. Secondly, the timeframe that the two comics came so close that it wasn't on-purpose nor was it a goal of Brisson to "resurrect" Trevor. And it's a weird time to pick out inconsistencies to overrule deaths. Like, how Cyclops left the Champions after 'Champions for a Day', yet No Surrender (which takes place way after Champions for a Day) showed Cyclops running w/ the Champions. That wouldn't mean Scott magically joined the team again. Or how Jubilee was a mutant in the last issue of Generation X, but a vampire in Phoenix Resurrection #1. That doesn't magically make Jubes a vampire again.

2) ^ ^ ^

3) He was braindead. But I don't think he ever actually died in the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm probably needlessly repeating myself at this point, but again, the reaction to the Venomized deaths was because of Bunn's statement. Tycon had made an earlier thread about the deaths but it didn't gain much traction because they were vague and some of the characters were appearing elsewhere. Then that other user made a thread with the Bunn quote and that's when it blew up.
    But they weren't really vague. Bunn already established the threat level of the Poisons and what happened if a Poison took over.

If you have a Venom symbiote while a Poison latches on, your body is digested. Nothing left. But that wasn't enough for people, so Word of God took higher precedence.

TBH I agree but it would of be interesting if they revealed she was asexual during Tom king's run on the vision. Considering the fact that even though she was a robot she was the most emotional person in that book

Let me know when Prodigy or Karma get to actually do something other than sit back and pray the White Devil be their savior.
    I love Illyana, but yeah, the Dead Souls mini made massive mistake in not making Karma the book's main character. Or at least a main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    So regarding the new Asgardians book and Bunn mentioning his interest in addressing the sera controversy, was she born a man, and then used magic to change her body kind of like how loki changes into a woman from time to time?
    The accurate phrasing would be: She was assigned male at birth, and used magic to change her body to match her identity.

I would love to see ace rep. I think Jubilee should identify as ace. I also like the idea of Nadia being ace and aro.

I hope we get some ace representation, but I'm also really hoping that it isn't Viv Vision. I just don't like the implication that you need to be an emotionless machine in order to be asexual.
    Agreed. I think there's a stereotype about asexuals being emotionless, rather than simply not being much interested in sex. And it's also worth remembering that being asexual doesn't mean a person isn't interested in a relationship - an ace girl I knew in college complained a couple times about wanting a boyfriend. So Viv shouldn't be asexual.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĄ Tycon View Post
    It's just so funny how the main villain is KARMA's brother, the team's boss is KARMA, and she guides the direction of the team. Yet, 3 issues out so far, she's only been in 1 issue so far of a SIX-issue mini. And Prodigy gets horribly underused, with his offensive powers being conveniently forgotten so he can be a defenseless damsel.
    [/QUOTE]
    Yeah, Rosenberg is telling a Karma story that doesn't have Karma in it, which is enormous bullshit. Her brother, whom she killed, is back from the dead. This story should be all about Karma. And yet, nope! She's just not a presence in the story. It's bullshit, and it is the one problem I have with what is otherwise a very well-made comic. I've considered voicing my criticism to Rosenberg, but it'd probably be a dick thing to do. Maybe I still will, once it's over. Or maybe not.

TBH I agree but it would of be interesting if they revealed she was asexual during Tom king's run on the vision. Considering the fact that even though she was a robot she was the most emotional person in that book
    The fact that she was the most emotional character in Vision is why I am so goddamn angry about Champions going the "emotionless android" route. It is a gross misunderstanding of her character, in order to fit an outdated cliche role. I hated that Waid did it, and it is, once again, my biggest complaint with Zub's run so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm not convinced those two girls who were present throughout the issue weren't a couple, honestly. Plus, it was written by a trans woman, so there's that. And let's not forget that Sienkiewicz cover. There's nothing particularly gay about it, it's just a beautiful cover that's worth remembering. So good.
    I wondered if they were a couple too, but there's really nothing to decide one way or another if they are a couple or just friends. But yes, the writer at least will earn this issue a spot on this week's "Week In Day" post when you get there.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    We never got a detailed explanation of how Sera transitioned. We had one panel of her coming out of a tent or something with a more female appearence and then an explanation of how Angela helped her ''be more like herself''. Most people just assumed it was magic because it seemed to happen so fast. I believe it was magic because Heven doesn't strike me as the kind of place that would offer some official clinical procedure for gender transition. The angels were portrayed as very sexist and attached to gender rules, so odds are they would be quite transphobic as well.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-08-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We never got a detailed explanation of how Sera transitioned. We had one panel of her coming out of a tent or something with a more female appearence and then an explanation of how Angela helped her ''be more like herself''. Most people just assumed it was magic because it seemed to happen so fast. I believe it was magic because Heven doesn't strike me as the kind of place that would offer some official clinical procedure for gender transition. The angels were portrayed as very sexist and attached to gender rules, so odds are they would be quite transphobic as well.
    Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. My pull list was full at the the time so missed out on A:AA and when secret wars tied up I tried picking up issue 1 of her new series (I think that's how her book was released) but it wasn't for me. Now that I've trimmed a lot of the fat from my pull, I have the freedom to experiment more with my pull and people seem to like her so I'd like to see what the hype is about.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I love Illyana, but yeah, the Dead Souls mini made massive mistake in not making Karma the book's main character. Or at least a main character.
    Yeah, Rosenberg is telling a Karma story that doesn't have Karma in it, which is enormous bullshit. Her brother, whom she killed, is back from the dead. This story should be all about Karma. And yet, nope! She's just not a presence in the story. It's bullshit, and it is the one problem I have with what is otherwise a very well-made comic.
    I keep hoping that Karma is using Ilyanna as a stalking horse / bait to draw her brother out, and is going to ride in like the wrath of angels at the end and reveal that she was just flushing him out the whole time. Even that would feel kind of cheap, but at least serve as a sort of explanation for why the story is structured the way it is.

As you say, it's a Karma story with no Karma in it, which is indeed bullshit. If it was an Ilyanna story, the villain should be Ilyanna-specific, such a Limbo-usurper-wannabe like Ananym/Witchfire, daughter of Belasco, who wants to take both the keys to daddy's kingdom, and the sorcerous power that she might rationalize that Ilyanna 'stole' from Belasco, or the Enchantress, still smarting from her treatment during the New Mutants visit to Asgard (Asgardians having looooong memories).