View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 853 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 353753803843849850851852853854855856857863903953 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,795 of 16975
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So show of hands how many people think O5 Bobby dies in Xtermination? If Marvel's continuity is still functioning that would mean both die correct? Again I'm so pissed Bunn has done nothing with Bobby or Warren this entire run so if he kills little Bobby I would be upset.
    Who even knows anymore? Initially, they were supposed to be from the same timeline (and that was the excuse as to why both were gay), but then Hopeless's AN X-Men ended showing us that the O5 were actually from different timelines now (probably as an excuse to keep them around for as long as they want), and now we have this new event that seems to put them in the same timeline AGAIN, since their continuous presence in the present and its effects on the timeline will apparently be a big part of the story. The X-books editorial just needs to get their shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, on better news: Wiccan is coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest, allegedly in honor of Pride Month.
    He looks so good! I don't play that anymore, so if anyone still does, screenshots and gifs would be appreciated.

Kinda sad that a mobile game is the only thing giving Billy any attention these days, though.

Not really comic related, but man the backlash from the Last of Us 2 with Ellie kissing a girl has been depressing. It just reminds me there's still a ways to go for people to really accept different orientations.

Anyway miss Wiccan and Hulkling. Are they on any current titles?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Nope. Like I said above, the news about Wiccan on Marvel Puzzle Quest is literally the only new thing with either of them this year so far. And a one-page cameo during Avengers: No Surrender, if you count that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Not really comic related, but man the backlash from the Last of Us 2 with Ellie kissing a girl has been depressing. It just reminds me there's still a ways to go for people to really accept different orientations.

I do not know what country you are but I'm Brazilian and was following the event in a Brazilian live and know what you mean. I do not know if it's because haters and trolls have a more active voice but it was horrible although many defended Ellie's scene.

Even so, I'm sure they'll buy the game.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The whole TLOU2 thing is stupid anyway.

From people who feel like it was doing only to be politically correct or whatever (ignoring that the DLC established she was gay years ago) or feel like it's being 'pushed down their throats' (so sick of anything outside of heteronormative stuff being seen like that), most of the issues people really have is that they are just homophobic.

They can pretend otherwise, or dress it up, but boil it down, and they are just 'phobes.

Eh, so much negativity. I need something positive. Maybe I'll download Puzzle Quest and get excited for playing as Billy!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The whole TLOU2 thing is stupid anyway.

From people who feel like it was doing only to be politically correct or whatever (ignoring that the DLC established she was gay years ago) or feel like it's being 'pushed down their throats' (so sick of anything outside of heteronormative stuff being seen like that), most of the issues people really have is that they are just homophobic.

They can pretend otherwise, or dress it up, but boil it down, and they are just 'phobes.

Eh, so much negativity. I need something positive. Maybe I'll download Puzzle Quest and get excited for playing as Billy!
    That's what I was surprised about. Four years ago she was confirmed as a lesbian. Why do people still respond with, "It's distracting," or "Pushing an agenda," or "Not muh games," or whatever? It's so bizarre to see people still riled up over this sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Who even knows anymore? Initially, they were supposed to be from the same timeline (and that was the excuse as to why both were gay), but then Hopeless's AN X-Men ended showing us that the O5 were actually from different timelines now (probably as an excuse to keep them around for as long as they want), and now we have this new event that seems to put them in the same timeline AGAIN, since their continuous presence in the present and its effects on the timeline will apparently be a big part of the story. The X-books editorial just needs to get their shit together.

He looks so good! I don't play that anymore, so if anyone still does, screenshots and gifs would be appreciated.

Kinda sad that a mobile game is the only thing giving Billy any attention these days, though.
    They should use Battleworld as the excuse that since 616 was recreated after Battleworld and now has caused an anomaly where the 05 are from the past of the old 616 Earth not the current one. Yeah timey whimey but the only way I think they can explain it with the least retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They should use Battleworld as the excuse that since 616 was recreated after Battleworld and now has caused an anomaly where the 05 are from the past of the old 616 Earth not the current one. Yeah timey whimey but the only way I think they can explain it with the least retcons.
    Bunn established in X-men Blue that the ending of Hopeless' ANX was a fakeout. The O5's absence in the timeline left a void that the future Brotherhood from Battle of the Atom filled by impersonating the O5 and altering history.
    They're the 616 versions, just earlier, and they need to go back eventually. It's been a whole thing.

I have no idea what is going on with Extermination but that's where Bunn has left it.

So with Unstoppable Wasp being brought back, it means we're also getting more Ying and Shay. Be interesting to see if Whitley uses the new volume to reveal anything concerning Nadia's sexuality. I still think it'd be interesting for her to be asexual.

Honestly it would be great if nydia was asexual. They're rarely represented in media.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    Honestly it would be great if nydia was asexual. They're rarely represented in media.
    That was my thought. When they do appear, they're more likely than not to be cold and emotionless. Nadia being an energetic bundle of love would be a pretty nice counter to that. (And if any current Marvel writer would have an openly ace character, it would be Whitley. He included one in Raven: Pirate Princess.)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Hmmm, personally I'd rather see A-Sexuality explored through the eyes of a supporting cast member of any book.

It's not going to be popular for me to say it, but I do think such a thing being revealed for a character is both going to limit them in terms of what kind of stories can be told, is going to make them off putting to writers who just dont want to be dealing with the criticism or additional scrutiny such a reveal with would bring and, given the way comics work, could lead to some controversy if a writer came along who failed to understand the notion of being Ace and ended up getting it all wrong.

I think it would make a better story for someone like Nadia to be the eyes of the reader, having to explore what it means to be and to support someone who is A-Sexual, without having to be tied to a difficult trait to continue long term in any meaningful way.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Iceman's book is coming back this September, still written by Sina Grace.

https://news.marvel.com/comics/89958...his-september/
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Iceman's book is coming back this September, still written by Sina Grace.

https://news.marvel.com/comics/89958...his-september/
    What @#$% is going on?

First Unstoppable Wasp and now Iceman?

Soon they announce the return of GX .

I'm happy for Bobby but this was a great and pleasant surprise that came from nowhere.

okay I'm dumb. What or who is GX?