View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 855 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 355755805845851852853854855856857858859865905955 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 16966

Hey since Iceman is coming back and we know Sina Grace wasn't pleased about the overall execution the first time around. Do you think he's gonna try and flesh out the Iceman/Dakken Ship more? I mean we know he ships it. I personally am just happy it's coming back I enjoyed this comic.

Now just give me a YA reboot and I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hey since Iceman is coming back and we know Sina Grace wasn't pleased about the overall execution the first time around. Do you think he's gonna try and flesh out the Iceman/Dakken Ship more? I mean we know he ships it. I personally am just happy it's coming back I enjoyed this comic.

Now just give me a YA reboot and I'm happy.
    Hopefully not.
    I've been wondering whether Guggenheim was setting up the possibility of a Bobby/new Pyro pairing, but I think probably not.
    Last edited by NexusTenebrare; 06-14-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    #EmmaWasRight

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ditch Dakken. He's my boy but let Bunn keep him for a while so we don't end two of him running around the planet again.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Hopefully not.
    I've been wondering whether Guggenheim was setting up the possibility of a Bobby/new Pyro pairing, but I think probably not.
    inb4Guggscantwritegaycouples

Bobby should ditch both Daken and new Pyro. He can do better

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Seeing that Iceman is coming back made me dance around my office earlier. I cannot wait.

I'd like to see Daken back, but further down the line. Let's keep seeing him get redeemed elsewhere before he comes back. Still not sold on him being THE love interest, but I'm not against it either. I still wanna see a Northstar affair, cos I just love soap opera style drama in my books!

Guggenheim can just piss off. I've just no time for him or Rosenberg
    Last edited by legion_quest; 06-14-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I disagree. A writer who reveals a main character as asexual is going to get some controversy for it, but future writers aren't going to get heat just for using the character after that. Future writers not understanding what asexuality even is is a concern, but I don't think it would be likely to be too big an issue. And it's not going to be particularly limiting. ****, it doesn't even prevent romantic stories, since asexuals are still capable of romantic feelings. (Hell, there's even Grey Ace, people who experience some sexual attraction.)

Ace supporting characters are good, too, of course. But I don't think Nadia being asexual would cause the problems you think it would.
    I disagree back.

Agree to disagree I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guggenheim can't wr...

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ditch Dakken. He's my boy but let Bunn keep him for a while so we don't end two of him running around the planet again.

DAMMIT

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Seeing that Iceman is coming back made me dance around my office earlier. I cannot wait.

I'd like to see Daken back, but further down the line. Let's keep seeing him get redeemed elsewhere before he comes back. Still not sold on him being THE love interest, but I'm not against it either. I still wanna see a Northstar affair, cos I just love soap opera style drama in my books!

Guggenheim can just piss off. I've just no time for him or Rosenberg
    Tamaki's version of Daken is close to Taylor's but then Bunn is planning to have him join Magneto's new crew. Let the villains keep him. Bobby should've learned his lesson from Xavier hooking up with Mystique and Scott hooking up with Emma.

Tamaki's version of Daken is close to Taylor's but then Bunn is planning to have him join Magneto's new crew. Let the villains keep him. Bobby should've learned his lesson from Xavier hooking up with Mystique and Scott hooking up with Emma.
    Oh, I didnt know that. That's depressing. I want neither Mags or Daken as villains.

Guggs can't write. Just, like, at all. The guy's a total hack, one of the worst writers Marvel's ever had. He's down in the dregs with Chuck Austen.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

According to The Hashtag Show, the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming is casting a gender non-conforming student:

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/e...igh-schoolers/

No idea how that's gonna play out, but the first movie was probably the closest we got to queer representation in the MCU movies, since I feel the character played by J. J. Totah was kind of a coded gay (he was the effeminate boy who was discussing ''****, marry, kill'' of male super-heroes with Liz Allen during a gym scene), so maybe Spider-Man is where our best odds are.

On the subject of Iceman and his love life, Sina Grace kind of teased he'll get to write someone he really wanted to but couldn't during the first volume, and many people seem to believe he's talking about Emma Frost. So I'll remain with my unlikely wish for them to defrost her brother Christian from limbo and make him a love interest for Bobby.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-15-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    According to The Hashtag Show, the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming is casting a gender non-conforming student:

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/e...igh-schoolers/

No idea how that's gonna play out, but the first movie was probably the closest we got to queer representation in the MCU, since I feel the character played by J. J. Totah was kind of a coded gay (he was the effeminate boy who was discussing ''****, marry, kill'' of male super-heroes with Liz Allen during a gym scene), so maybe Spider-Man is where our best odds are.
    I hope they cast a non-conforming actor for the role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So Rictor didn't actually die, yay. Doesn't really change the fact that what was ostensibly a funeral issue for Julio was less about him, his life and his loved ones, and more about Magik and everyone comforting Magik.
    Which makes complete sense in the context of the scene, given that it was all an illusion to fool Magik....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This makes me so hopeful for more LGBTQ-led books in the future. KEEP 'EM COMING, MARVEL!
    Yes, this has been a really encouraging couple of weeks! We've got ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY with Angela, Valkyrie and Annabelle Riggs. Then UNSTOPPABLE WASP which has 2 LGBT supporting characters at least. And now ICEMAN! Woo-hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Which makes complete sense in the context of the scene, given that it was all an illusion to fool Magik....
    That doesn't change the fact that it was advertised and solicited as a funeral, they ended the last issue as a cliffhanger on his death, the preview showed Illyana and Kitty getting ready for his funeral.
    And yet we didn't get to actually see anything about Rictor himself. He's barely been a presence in this mini, what has he actually done? What has any person of color done?

Every goddamn thing is about Magik. Why even bother having the rest of the cast?