View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 856 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 356756806846852853854855856857858859860866906956 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,840 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that it was advertised and solicited as a funeral, they ended the last issue as a cliffhanger on his death, the preview showed Illyana and Kitty getting ready for his funeral.
    And yet we didn't get to actually see anything about Rictor himself. He's barely been a presence in this mini, what has he actually done? What has any person of color done?

Every goddamn thing is about Magik. Why even bother having the rest of the cast?
    I love me some Illyana. She's a great character, with a ton of amazing stories to do. But Rosenberg has definitely made this book too much about her. It would've been way better with Karma as the protagonist. Marvel has few enough queer woman of colour characters, and they get few enough stories, it's just a terrible move to steal a story that belongs to one to give to a white girl. No matter how amazing that white girl is.

It's not even like Tranh needed to be the villain. It could've been some random demon. And then the Tranh story could be kept for someone who actually gives enough of a **** about Karma to actually use her as something more than a cameo in a story about the brother she killed coming back for vengeance.

Ugh. I'm already committed to the final two issues, but honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be bothering with Rosenberg after this. I can't get over how stupid a decision it was not to make Karma a central character in this mini, and how disrespectful it was to the character. Rosenberg's a nice guy, and a great writer, but I can't get over this.

Man oh man, these grapes are sour.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    On the subject of Iceman and his love life, Sina Grace kind of teased he'll get to write someone he really wanted to but couldn't during the first volume, and many people seem to believe he's talking about Emma Frost. So I'll remain with my unlikely wish for them to defrost her brother Christian from limbo and make him a love interest for Bobby.
    Yes to Iceman solo getting FULLY FROSTED.
    ICE. FROST. ICE. FROST. COLD. DIAMOND. YUS.
    Emma. Christian. Emma. MOAR Emma. I completely forgot how much I badly wanted he and she to interplay in the first run, and we missed out because REASONS, but Baby Grace, you gotta work that ivory keyboard and give us that Emma. Her middle name is Grace, Sina. Its kismet. KISMET I TELL YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Man oh man, these grapes are sour.

Emma. Christian. Emma. MOAR Emma. I completely forgot how much I badly wanted he and she to interplay in the first run, and we missed out because REASONS, but Baby Grace, you gotta work that ivory keyboard and give us that Emma. Her middle name is Grace, Sina. Its kismet. KISMET I TELL YOU!
    Nah, I'm pretty sure Kismet is still out in space somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I love me some Illyana. She's a great character, with a ton of amazing stories to do. But Rosenberg has definitely made this book too much about her. It would've been way better with Karma as the protagonist. Marvel has few enough queer woman of colour characters, and they get few enough stories, it's just a terrible move to steal a story that belongs to one to give to a white girl. No matter how amazing that white girl is.

It's not even like Tranh needed to be the villain. It could've been some random demon. And then the Tranh story could be kept for someone who actually gives enough of a **** about Karma to actually use her as something more than a cameo in a story about the brother she killed coming back for vengeance.

Ugh. I'm already committed to the final two issues, but honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be bothering with Rosenberg after this. I can't get over how stupid a decision it was not to make Karma a central character in this mini, and how disrespectful it was to the character. Rosenberg's a nice guy, and a great writer, but I can't get over this.
    For me it's not even just representation and also about a lost opportunity replaced with over-saturation of Magik. Karma would've in any metric just been a much more interesting focus. This was a title that was PERFECT to not only highlight a PoC, but would've been the far better choice thematically. I'm positive Magik was part of the pitch to make the book successful, but she feels so out of place since she serves as an X-Man anymore. It almost feels like a step back for Magik and just a missed throw for Karma.

On the subject of Iceman and his love life, Sina Grace kind of teased he'll get to write someone he really wanted to but couldn't during the first volume, and many people seem to believe he's talking about Emma Frost. So I'll remain with my unlikely wish for them to defrost her brother Christian from limbo and make him a love interest for Bobby.
    Agreed, it's gotta be Emma. She's closer to being at anti-hero status these days than she was just post IvX (ugh). And yeah, I'd be OK with Bobby and Christian, if for no other reason that it keeps Emma in the X-Men's close orbit in a very awkward fashion. XD

No idea how that's gonna play out, but the first movie was probably the closest we got to queer representation in the MCU movies, since I feel the character played by J. J. Totah was kind of a coded gay (he was the effeminate boy who was discussing ''****, marry, kill'' of male super-heroes with Liz Allen during a gym scene), so maybe Spider-Man is where our best odds are.
    Ugh! If that scene was an example of the 'inclusion' we're going to get in the future, then they might as well not bother. It was really bad.
    Marvel should be really embarrassed that Fox is outdoing them on LGBT inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Agreed, it's gotta be Emma. She's closer to being at anti-hero status these days than she was just post IvX (ugh). And yeah, I'd be OK with Bobby and Christian, if for no other reason that it keeps Emma in the X-Men's close orbit in a very awkward fashion. XD
    Completely agreed.
    #EmmaWasRight

They added Wiccan to Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

And it's pretty easy to get him right now, assuming you're playing as part of an alliance with decent participation.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Haha, yes. The puns alone would make the relationship worth it. But really, Bobby getting tangled up in the Frosts's messy family history would be just glorious. I really like the idea of Emma being his sister-in-law and all possible interactions that would ensue. Plus, they'd finally give Christian a happy ending after how crappy things ended for him in that Emma Frost solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty sure Kismet is still out in space somewhere.
    Speaking of which, I'd love for canon to officially acknowledge her status as a trans person. It's likely that's not what people in the 70s had in mind, of course, but her early origin story really felt like a gender transition story.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Ugh! If that scene was an example of the 'inclusion' we're going to get in the future, then they might as well not bother. It was really bad.
    Marvel should be really embarrassed that Fox is outdoing them on LGBT inclusion.
    It was not ideal, but I don't think it was bad either. It was just a little casual moment, and they never treated like it was more than that. I'd have more of a problem with it if they went for the queerbaiting route like other filmmakers have in the past, promising us something that just wasn't there. The fact that the people involved in Spider-Man never tried to sell us that representation makes me more chill about the fact that it never went anywhere.

But yes, I'll wholeheartedly agree that this can't be the only kind of representation we should get, and that Disney should be ashamed that freaking Deadpool beat them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I love the art from that game, so I'm glad they're giving me material for new Wiccan icons. Here's some cool art I got from the Marvel website:

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-15-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Haha, yes. The puns alone would make the relationship worth it. But really, Bobby getting tangled up in the Frosts's messy family history would be just glorious. I really like the idea of Emma being his sister-in-law and all possible interactions that would ensue. Plus, they'd finally give Christian a happy ending after how crappy things ended for him in that Emma Frost solo book.

Speaking of which, I'd love for canon to officially acknowledge her status as a trans person. It's likely that's not what people in the 70s had in mind, of course, but her early origin story really felt like a gender transition story.

It was not ideal, but I don't think it was bad either. It was just a little casual moment, and they never treated like it was more than that. I'd have more of a problem with it if they went for the queerbaiting route like other filmmakers have in the past, promising us something that just wasn't there. The fact that the people involved in Spider-Man never tried to sell us that representation makes me more chill about the fact that it never went anywhere.

But yes, I'll wholeheartedly agree that this can't be the only kind of representation we should get, and that Disney should be ashamed that freaking Deadpool beat them to it.

I love the art from that game, so I'm glad they're giving me material for new Wiccan icons. Here are some cool art I got from the Marvel website:

Makes me so tempted to try the game. But I don't think that's a good idea. Still, he looks amazing.

The Week In Gay.

X-Men Blue #29 has some Iceman. Not much. And a bit of Daken.

Exiles #4 has Valkyrie once again flirting with a woman. Rebecca Barnes, an alternate version of the woman she flirted with in the previous issue.

New Mutants: Dead Souls #4 . . . Opinions have been stated. It features almost no Rictor, almost no Karma, which is somehow still more than the last two issues managed. Maybe she'll get to be in more than three panels in the next issue. Or maybe Rosenberg will skip a Karma/Illyana confrontation so he doesn't have to actually feature her in this story about her dead brother, who she killed, coming back from the dead. (Sorry, sorry, I'm just still so mad about this whole thing.)

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #33 has Koi Boi. And I'm still bothered by how attractive Charm draws Nancy.

Anything I missed?

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Hmm Wiccan in Marvel Puzzle Quest has me itching to join. I really have not been a gaymer most my life, but have been playing DC Legends and loving it (mostly because there are lots of mystical characters and classic B- characters, though perhaps not hitting the LGBT spot) . But Marvel Strike Force is not doing it for me (too military) so may give this a shot.

Stay tuned for X-men Gold's guys something may be about to happen like Bobby with Bendis though for now are still rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Stay tuned for X-men Gold's guys something may be about to happen like Bobby with Bendis though for now are still rumors.
    I wouldn't bet on it. Marvel let Bendis have Iceman come out because no one really cared about Iceman. Even if Guggenheim was interested in doing something similar - and I frankly doubt that he is - there's not much chance Marvel would let him do it with a character who is way more popular. Decades of subtext be damned.

I would also dearly love to not deal with the BS that would come with Shadowcat's bisexuality being confirmed via her leaving the Tinman at the alter.