View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 857 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 357757807847853854855856857858859860861867907957 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 16974

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. Marvel let Bendis have Iceman come out because no one really cared about Iceman. Even if Guggenheim was interested in doing something similar - and I frankly doubt that he is - there's not much chance Marvel would let him do it with a character who is way more popular. Decades of subtext be damned.
    Well let's find out soon but not by the hands of Guggenheim:

https://comicstore.marvel.com/X-Men-...al-comic/48944

If something is revealed it will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I would also dearly love to not deal with the BS that would come with Shadowcat's bisexuality being confirmed via her leaving the Tinman at the alter.
    I agree it will be something very annoying to deal with.

Honestly, if that's the route they go it'll at most just be seen as Kitty "experimenting" or something. I doubt it'll be spun out into Kitty leaving Peter to explore more women in her life or something. That would be pretty bad writing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Stay tuned for X-men Gold's guys something may be about to happen like Bobby with Bendis though for now are still rumors.
    if you're referring to wedding issue, there's spoilers on Bleedingcool about it. I wont say what it is, but if you're hoping for anything LBGT you're going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    if you're referring to wedding issue, there's spoilers on Bleedingcool about it. I wont say what it is, but if you're hoping for anything LBGT you're going to be disappointed.
    Additional content for a subsequent ANNUAL has readers speculating further exploration of a certain someone's orientation based on some past-revisiting. So...... maybe not TOMORROW'S issue...but.....we shall see further down the line....

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    At the wedding yes I know but X-men Gold Annual 2 has a suspicious Synopsis.
    Well we have to wait until August.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

While it is well past time that Kitty comes out, I doubt it will be happening anytime soon.

If it came up in the wedding issue it would have been mentioned along with the other spoilers, and I doubt they would give her coming out story to a first time Marvel writer in an annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    While it is well past time that Kitty comes out, I doubt it will be happening anytime soon.

If it came up in the wedding issue it would have been mentioned along with the other spoilers, and I doubt they would give her coming out story to a first time Marvel writer in an annual.
    spoilers:
    Also, since that certain twist looks to have been the idea of someone who isn't Guggs, I suspect he's a genuine fan of Kitty and Colossus as a couple and will be trying to keep their relationship as intact as possible. So no hints that he could be anything but The One For Her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Man oh man, these grapes are sour.
    It's sour grapes to be annoyed that a straight white woman is stealing focus and storylines away from the Vietnamese lesbian refugee amputee?

Sorry that I don't worship at the altar of the Darkchylde and would prefer one of the few lesbian characters in Marvel actually get to be in the a story that should be about her.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm glad about the news of the wedding twist, but count me in as one of the people who're not sure about this leading to what some people think it'll lead to.

Anyway, here's our girl Angela looking good in action:

Still wish she was wearing the silver armor, but at least she's appearing in comics again and that's all that really matters. Anabelle/Brunnhilde too, of course. I'm curious to see how Bunn will handle their body-swap situation and if their sexualities might play any role at all in this. I mean, two queer women sharing one body... that's an interesting concept to explore.

Incredible Member

What do you guys think will happen?

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/stat...82310360526849

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, two queer women sharing one body... that's an interesting concept to explore.
    You'd get a big kick out of Promethea then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

When you think that everything that should have been said and done happened what should you expect after seeing this?

Considering it was a story with Rachel as villain I was expecting something totally different kind of fire and sulfur on earth .

Anyway better not have too many expectations instead of Illyana, Rachel or Kitty as some might have imagined maybe it was Bobby going out with someone.

About the marriage liked it though Magik's attitude still bothers me for several reasons and opens a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

I'm guessing it'll be something to do with Bobby. I seriously doubt Marvel's going to have Kitty or Illyana or even Rachel come out as gay. Marvel cares too much about those characters, they won't let anyone genuinely important be gay. They're nowhere near that gay-friendly.

I'm guessing it'll be something to do with Bobby. I seriously doubt Marvel's going to have Kitty or Illyana or even Rachel come out as gay. Marvel cares too much about those characters, they won't let anyone genuinely important be gay. They're nowhere near that gay-friendly.
    Well I think maybe they'd let Rachel come out if some writer wanted... Or at least I can't see why they wouldn't besides just not wanting more LGBT characters. She's pretty much a character who only exists on comics. She has never been on any movie, game, cartoon, and I don't see them ever pushing her. They had more to "lose" outing Iceman than her, though they probably didn't realize that when it happened.

Mighty Member

if these was 5 years ago, I'd be inclined to believe you, but they made Iceman gay and he is one of the original x-men. I'm biased in terms of marvel knowledge being a fan of the comics, but iceman is one of the few ones that a lot of people do know. If he can get retconned into being gay, anyone can...Except wolverine.