View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 858 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 358758808848854855856857858859860861862868908958 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    if these was 5 years ago, I'd be inclined to believe you, but they made Iceman gay and he is one of the original x-men. I'm biased in terms of marvel knowledge being a fan of the comics, but iceman is one of the few ones that a lot of people do know. If he can get retconned into being gay, anyone can...Except wolverine.
    Iceman may be known but he’s known in the way that Iron Man was known before the MCU in that people will know the name of you say it but is nowhere near an A-lister.

Hello everyone! I've been a bit out of the loop for a while but I'm catching up now. Firstly I'm over the moon about Iceman!! Such fantastic and unexpected but welcome news! It seems like a miracle honestly!

I too am disappointed by the lack of Karma in New Mutants, I really like her and she deserves some spotlight!

I'm also quite intrigued by this business of the Gold annual and that tweet about a future issue. It's too much to hope for but maybe it does have something to do with Kitty? Or it's probably just Iceman and Pyro...

I couldn't care less about NuPyro, and as everyone knows I'm an Icemaken shipper. Though from what it seems Daken is gonna die soon, ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I couldn't care less about NuPyro, and as everyone knows I'm an Icemaken shipper. Though from what it seems Daken is gonna die soon, ugh...
    Wait... really? Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    if these was 5 years ago, I'd be inclined to believe you, but they made Iceman gay and he is one of the original x-men. I'm biased in terms of marvel knowledge being a fan of the comics, but iceman is one of the few ones that a lot of people do know. If he can get retconned into being gay, anyone can...Except wolverine.
    Iceman's been around a long time, but few people particularly cared about him. He was the least-interesting X-Man, the one who'd had the least real character growth. He was always just around. He had long since stopped really mattering. Having him come out as gay brought him a lot more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Wait... really? Sigh...
    He's on one of the Hunt for Wolverine minis with Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike. On the last issue solicit it says they won't all make it out alive, and Sabretooth and Deathstrike are already announced for the new Weapon X roster...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He's on one of the Hunt for Wolverine minis with Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike. On the last issue solicit it says they won't all make it out alive, and Sabretooth and Deathstrike are already announced for the new Weapon X roster...
    Yeah, but it's a book about zombies and Daken's been dead once already not so long ago. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Iceman's been around a long time, but few people particularly cared about him. He was the least-interesting X-Man, the one who'd had the least real character growth. He was always just around. He had long since stopped really mattering. Having him come out as gay brought him a lot more attention.
    And for that, I am thankful. I find it hard to believe Iceman would be getting two volumes of a solo book in such a short period of time if he hadn't gotten all the attention.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, but it's a book about zombies and Daken's been dead once already not so long ago. I wouldn't give up hope yet.
    Why would we hope for his survival, at all?

The character's intro was the text book 'depraved bi-sexual' crap played to the absolute hilt.

His origin is that he's a 60 plus year old boy mad at a father he never met, being responsible for the death of the mother he never met. Also, Romulus, a character so lame he's still not returned.

Kill and erase Daken (unlikely, but hey), I think the LGBT community would be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

The character's intro was the text book 'depraved bi-sexual' crap played to the absolute hilt.

His origin is that he's a 60 plus year old boy mad at a father he never met, being responsible for the death of the mother he never met. Also, Romulus, a character so lame he's still not returned.

Kill and erase Daken (unlikely, but hey), I think the LGBT community would be better for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I mean I largely agree with the first parts. His early appearances drove me away from ever caring about the character in truth.

But in regards to the latter. Nah. Let people like what they like.

The Week In Gay.

Runaways #10 has, let's say, "developments" in the Karolina/Julie relationship.

X-Men Gold #30 has some gay characters at the wedding. It does not have Illyana confess her feelings for Kitty, even though Illyana should just come out already.

Claws of A Killer #2 has some Daken.

Cable #158 has early X-Force Shatterstar, before he came out.

Champions #21 and Infinity Countdown Champions #1 both feature the maybe-queer-in-some-yet-to-be-defined-way Viv.

Amazing Spider-Man #801 has a shot of two girlfriends, in a montage of people he's saved. Stuff like this is a very effective way of normalizing same-sex relationships in fiction.

No gay content I've heard about, but Iron Man #1 does have Jocasta in a suit, and daaaaaaamn. Women In Suits is very much My Kink, so kudos to Slott and Schiti. Especially Schiti, because Jocasta looks damned fine in that suit. (One of my idle fantasies is to commission artists for a sketchbook of Power Women In Power Suits. I doubt I'll ever end up doing it, but man, that would be amazing.)

Anything I missed?

No gay content I've heard about, but Iron Man #1 does have Jocasta in a suit, and daaaaaaamn. Women In Suits is very much My Kink, so kudos to Slott and Schiti. Especially Schiti, because Jocasta looks damned fine in that suit. (One of my idle fantasies is to commission artists for a sketchbook of Power Women In Power Suits. I doubt I'll ever end up doing it, but man, that would be amazing.)
    If Jocasta isn't in various sharp suits from now on, I'll be moderately perturbed. She looked amazing and it makes way more sense in the business setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    If Jocasta isn't in various sharp suits from now on, I'll be moderately perturbed. She looked amazing and it makes way more sense in the business setting.
    It's funny, because her default outfit is nudity. But yeah, she clearly belongs in suits. She owns that look.

The Week In Gay.

Runaways #10 has, let's say, "developments" in the Karolina/Julie relationship.

X-Men Gold #30 has some gay characters at the wedding. It does not have Illyana confess her feelings for Kitty, even though Illyana should just come out already.

Claws of A Killer #2 has some Daken.

Cable #158 has early X-Force Shatterstar, before he came out.

Champions #21 and Infinity Countdown Champions #1 both feature the maybe-queer-in-some-yet-to-be-defined-way Viv.

Amazing Spider-Man #801 has a shot of two girlfriends, in a montage of people he's saved. Stuff like this is a very effective way of normalizing same-sex relationships in fiction.

Anything I missed?
    Lol I thought I was the only one who absolutely loved women in suits.