View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 860 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 360760810850856857858859860861862863864870910960 ... LastLast
Results 12,886 to 12,900 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Finally finished this piece for Pride Month. My would-be narrative for a Wiccan & Hulkling duo book in illustrative format depicting their separate journeys both on Earth and Space. .

https://twitter.com/cpfokken/status/...164244992?s=21

HAPPY PRIDE Y'ALL! XOXO
    This is fantastic!! You're right, it really does look like an official pitch for a new book! Well done!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

On Netflix Luke Cage some characters from the comics are revealed to be LGBT in the show

Incredible Member

Not that it matters since besides Clair, Misty and Luke all the characters are basically in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Question: how much is this related to this other (amazing) art of yours? The concept and characters are pretty much the same, but Billy and Teddy look different. Is it the same concept only with a different design, or did you envision this new art as a continuation of the first one? Obviously, I'm very invested in this non-existent story.
    I suppose the changes I made to Billy and Teddy are intended progressions from that original piece. Teddy's evolution, in my mind, leaning into the cosmic armor-like elements to further integrate that whole Arthurian space opera mythos with the Knights of the Infinite, complete with royal crown/head-gear, while retaining his more recent recognizable insignia etc. And then for Billy, I couldn't NOT fall hard and deep in love with Aud Koch's redesigns for this suit so that became an obsession for me. ha ha ha. My singular design contributions would be the bejeweled belt and (you can't really tell from ANY of the angles provided) the ASYMETRICAL CLOAK -- both inspired by Mahmud Asrar's STORM redesign AND sexy Fassbender Magneto from the Days of Future Past film (omg so gorgeous) because I wanted to give him a stronger mystical(?) vibe (to lean heavy into being Teddy's space Merlin) but also keeping those spacey cosmic elements too.

Teddy's narrative (my fave) involves the introduction of the KNIGHTS to Carol Danvers (I'm gonna sound weird and/or vain but I'm obsessed with her pony tail) and taking sword combat lessons from the vastly seasoned and sexy Hercules (again, weird/vain obsessed with his hair -- both on his head and on his bod) and OF COURSE he and his buddy Noh Varr ( his future Kree right hand man and confidant) TEAM UP to prison break XAVIN (his future Skrull left(?) hand and biggest supporter) with America Chavez in tow because AWESOME. Lots of instagraming that adventure, much to Billy's enjoyment.

Billy's narrative involves a lot of introspective examination with Voodoo, and Clea determining the nature/source of his powers with additional advising/tutoring at Xavier's under Illyana specifically, which would inevitably tie into the bigger danger/antagonist of Mephisto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I love how much variation you got in the different character's body language and demeanour to convey their personalities in a single panel. Your hair game is ON. POINT. too!
    omg THANK YOU!! aaaah you don't know how great it is to hear those details called out. That was a big part of my revisions -- finding the right poses and omg my obsession with hair is just problematic and borderline crippling. ha ha

Billy's narrative involves a lot of introspective examination with Voodoo, and Clea determining the nature/source of his powers with additional advising/tutoring at Xavier's under Illyana specifically, which would inevitably tie into the bigger danger/antagonist of Mephisto.
    Hmm all those magic people, aren't you forgetting anyone maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hmm all those magic people, aren't you forgetting anyone maybe?
    Hmmm....strange...I don't think so?

(if you are referring to Mama Maximoff, she plays a role in my headcanon narrative, but I opted out of including her in this particular piece. She is in the previous piece I did though)

Hmmm....strange...I don't think so?

(if you are referring to Mama Maximoff, she plays a role in my headcanon narrative, but I opted out of including her in this particular piece. She is in the previous piece I did though)
    Yeah I did mean Wanda. The Mephisto thing is all connected to her, and she's also dating Voodo right now. As someone who desperately wanted to read more about their relationship I'm just a bit attached to the idea of some magic teaching and family bonding between them. But now that I think about it, there's Loki and Strange that are somewhat connected to Billy too. They're all usually on that magic bar on Strange's solo, maybe Billy should hang out there too lol.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Finally finished this piece for Pride Month. My would-be narrative for a Wiccan & Hulkling duo book in illustrative format depicting their separate journeys both on Earth and Space. .

HAPPY PRIDE Y'ALL! XOXO
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

HAPPY PRIDE Y'ALL! XOXO
    Thank you so much for sharing that! Your work is amazing! I'd definitely love to read that story!

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Well done Fokken!! Keep on slaying!

When I clicked on it it said the page was missing

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/marve...-feige-a161645

Apparently MCU will finally start putting in some blatant LGBTQ+ representation in their films. I wonder who.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post

Apparently MCU will finally start putting in some blatant LGBTQ+ representation in their films. I wonder who.
    Uugh, this along with some other clues like the casting fo twin boys and older Cassie for A4 makes me hopeful for YA. Probably not gonna happen though.

Being realistic... I think the most likely would be the Midnight Angels for Black Panther 2?

Still in "believe it when I see it" mode. I honestly have no actual trust in them to just frigging do it and to let openly gay characters exist in the movies, without limiting it to subtext and shit left on the cutting room floor.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

His responses felt so cold and vague. I honestly can't tell if he means it or it's just your usual queerbaiting. I do hope it's true, though, and that Deadpool's success might've inspired him to push for some actual LGBTQ rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Uugh, this along with some other clues like the casting fo twin boys and older Cassie for A4 makes me hopeful for YA. Probably not gonna happen though.

Being realistic... I think the most likely would be the Midnight Angels for Black Panther 2?
    That, Valkyrie or Phyla/Heather on GOTG are the three most likely candidates right now, I'd say. I wish they had done something with Loki before he was offed, but I'm still hoping we might get an all-new, all-queer younger Loki in the future.

Speaking of the MCU, I haven't watched season 2 of Luke Cage yet, but I just read about one of the male characters coming out, and it made me really glad, as I think we were in need of more queer male representation in the MCU. Ward from Iron Fist should be the next in line.