View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 862 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866872912962 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I love how people don't care that Rage also apparently died, but are more concerned about the two mediocre white males
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Just saying that I've seen a lot more outrage on these boards over Eyeboy and D-Man supposedly dying than for Rage

Ha forreal forreal Kinda ironic as EyeBoy is the only mutant equipped with enough eyes to roll to show how over the thread in the XBoards lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Dazzler: X-Song has nothing explicitly gay, but it's written by a trans woman, it's a story about intersectionality and the need for marginalized groups to stand together, and there is no way Dazzler isn't a gay icon in-universe, so I say we count it.
    I def missed the intersectionality aspect of the issue, but I found it problematic I mean mutants were dying/sterilized due to the agency of an Inhuman Leader. For a inhuman who can barely control her powers think there wouldn't be any flack for going to Dazzlers concert is beyond stupid and irresponsible. I know it's not her fault Buuut It. Just. Happened. The fact all the mutants who had a problem with her had physical mutations while she herself looked like a normal black girl made me cringe. And after one of the mutants said he just wanted a safe space Dazzler...a normal looking mutant punches him inn the face. Making it even more bizarre Dazzler herself was "dying" from the terrigan mist.

As far as MCU introducing LGBTQ+ Characters and whether Disney would do a gay Iceman in an X-Men film:

I just watched John Campea's video about the MCU+LGBTQ characters. The comments were roaring with "Well here comes the end of the MCU" and "It was good while it lasted". Ever the reminder that I'm a bit sheltered to that type of mindset because I live in a large city. I definitely do not think the MCU is going to introduce a LGBTQ+ character and have their sexuality be a major component of the story. At most they might mention their significant other of the same sex in passing.

IMHO I think more than likely we'll see another Bisexual Woman or a Lesbian. I have an inkling that female members of our community are more palatable to the general audience.

As far as Iceman, in a Fox film I could see it being addressed and explored. In a Disney owned film, it don't believe they would. As some of you already posted, if they decided to use Bobby he probably would just be a minor or secondary character. His sexuality wouldn't be addressed or explored. They might include some sort of light clue in filming, and then drop it from wide-release.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    As far as MCU introducing LGBTQ+ Characters and whether Disney would do a gay Iceman in an X-Men film:

I just watched John Campea's video about the MCU+LGBTQ characters. The comments were roaring with "Well here comes the end of the MCU" and "It was good while it lasted". Ever the reminder that I'm a bit sheltered to that type of mindset because I live in a large city. I definitely do not think the MCU is going to introduce a LGBTQ+ character and have their sexuality be a major component of the story. At most they might mention their significant other of the same sex in passing.

IMHO I think more than likely we'll see another Bisexual Woman or a Lesbian. I have an inkling that female members of our community are more palatable to the general audience.

As far as Iceman, in a Fox film I could see it being addressed and explored. In a Disney owned film, it don't believe they would. As some of you already posted, if they decided to use Bobby he probably would just be a minor or secondary character. His sexuality wouldn't be addressed or explored. They might include some sort of light clue in filming, and then drop it from wide-release.
    You're probably right that it would never be a major part and may even get deleted, but, please, Fox movies have been going for longer than Marvel's and the only time they've included LGBT characters was this year, and also women, and also minor parts of the story, and only on a R-Rated movie. It's still good that they did it at all, but I'm gonna give credit to the Deadpool director and writers only, not "Fox".

The Fox X-men movies made a queer character in the comics central and fundamental to the mythos and completely erased her bisexuality. Rather than doing something with Destiny that could tie into Rogue stuff, Fox decided that Mystique x Beast was a good idea (and Mystique x Magneto good lord). I've lost complete hope that the Fox movies will ever do justice to diversity, especially after fumbling Storm for how many movies.

Ideally, the MCU would do something with the Iceman, Spiderman, Human Torch friendship. It would be cute to see Iceman crushing on Johnny and dealing with his first heartbreak. But when it comes to the X-men, there is so much queer content I want on screen. Mystique x Destiny, Rictor x Shatterstar, Anole, Karma, etc.
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 06-27-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The Fox X-men movies made a queer character in the comics central and fundamental to the mythos and completely erased her bisexuality. Rather than doing something with Destiny that could tie into Rogue stuff, Fox decided that Mystique x Beast was a good idea (and Mystique x Magneto good lord). I've lost complete hope that the Fox movies will ever do justice to diversity, especially after fumbling Storm for how many movies.

Ideally, the MCU would do something with the Iceman, Spiderman, Human Torch friendship. It would be cute to see Iceman crushing on Johnny and dealing with his first heartbreak. But when it comes to the X-men, there is so much queer content I want on screen. Mystique x Destiny, Rictor x Shatterstar, Anole, Karma, etc.
    Well, I think the only chance Shatterstar and Rictor had was on the Deadpool movies, and they killed Shatterstar... Though I think I saw somewhere he's possibly coming back...

I think Rictor has more of a chance than Shatterstar in the MCU but I'm not sure how much Deadpool will affect things or how much Disney would affect Deadpool. It is interesting that Deadpool is the only place in superhero movies where queerness gets acknowledged. Race too. "Black Black Widow."

I wouldn't expect any non A-List X-Men on the MCU. They wouldn't start doing countless spinoffs like Fox, and I'm assuming not gonna be throwing a bunch of random characters on the movies just for the sake of it like Fox has done with Jubilee, Psylocke, Angel, etc.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, I don't remember a specific talk about Iceman, though the last subject here is gay characters on the MCU. I guess that depends if Feige means it when he says there are gonna be open LGBT characters soon lol. If nothing changes any time soon I kinda doubt it.

But even then I doubt he'd like, have a love interest or anything. Most likely there would be one or two scenes/lines that shows it and they confirm on interviews, like it was gonna be for Valkyrie. Unless they actually went for the O5 I don't think Bobby is exactly one of the main choices for a movie anyway.
    See, teen O5 movie with gay Iceman is the teen movie I'd expect long before YA
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Let's please change the topic, the more this conversation goes the more I get like "What are you even talking about, none of this will EVER happen lol" tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post

Well that's... depressing. I mean like you said, it shouldn't be surprising... and it isn't, but still.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Well that's... depressing. I mean like you said, it shouldn't be surprising... and it isn't, but still.
    I'm honestly past the point of being depressed with those kind of commments on the internet. These days my mindset is ''homophobes are bothered? Good; that means we're doing something right. Let's keep doing it.'' Basking in their hate is my way of living and I have zero regrets about it.

That's not really the kind of role she's know for, but as a Jean Grey fanboy I've been dreaming for a while of her being on that role on a movie with the O5 as teens(and maybe go like X-Men Evolution and have Storm and Logan there as adults/teachers too). The first ever X-Men issue does start with her joining the school, and there's that X-Men Season One comic who does an awesome job of doing exactly that on a more modern interpretation of the O5.
    Jean would really only work if they were going the O5 route, with the X-Men just starting out. If the X-Men are already established, it'd be better to go with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I def missed the intersectionality aspect of the issue, but I found it problematic I mean mutants were dying/sterilized due to the agency of an Inhuman Leader. For a inhuman who can barely control her powers think there wouldn't be any flack for going to Dazzlers concert is beyond stupid and irresponsible. I know it's not her fault Buuut It. Just. Happened. The fact all the mutants who had a problem with her had physical mutations while she herself looked like a normal black girl made me cringe. And after one of the mutants said he just wanted a safe space Dazzler...a normal looking mutant punches him inn the face. Making it even more bizarre Dazzler herself was "dying" from the terrigan mist.
    Those Inhumans had nothing to do with the mists, so how is it fair to try to hold them responsible? Beyond that, it's music. Yes, there absolutely should be spaces for mutants. Concerts are not one of those places, especially when the musician explicitly preaches tolerance and acceptance for all. So, those mutants were being dicks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Those Inhumans had nothing to do with the mists, so how is it fair to try to hold them responsible? Beyond that, it's music. Yes, there absolutely should be spaces for mutants. Concerts are not one of those places, especially when the musician explicitly preaches tolerance and acceptance for all. So, those mutants were being dicks.
    Especially since the guy Dazzler punched did not simply say he wanted a "safe space"--he shoved an Inhuman girl to the ground; called her an "infestation" that needed to be "dealt with" and then was about to punch her in the face before Dazzler stepped in and intervened!

If he wants to have "Mutant only" events and such, that's fine--he can go and have them. But he doesn't have the right to decide that someone else's (Dazzler's) event is going to be "Mutants only" without her permission (and against her express wishes). And he sure as heck doesn't get to use violence against Inhumans just because they are Inhumans, or to call Dazzler a "race traitor" because she doesn't support their racism.

I think the mutant guy was obviously on the wrong for that. Dazzler said herself that her concert was supposed to be a place for everyone including inhumans...

BUT, my problem with that story is the fact that they portray the Inhumans as victims and mutants as the hateful ones to begin with. All because the writer wanted to do commentary on terfs. That's just such a disingeous thing considering that the inhumans have never really been portrayed as being hated and discriminated as much as mutants have been. Like, not even 10% of it. They have been rather privileged.

Astonishing Member

I think the mutant guy was obviously on the wrong for that. Dazzler said herself that her concert was supposed to be a place for everyone including inhumans...

BUT, my problem with that story is the fact that they portray the Inhumans as victims and mutants as the hateful ones to begin with. All because the writer wanted to do commentary on terfs. That's just such a disingeous thing considering that the inhumans have never really been portrayed as being hated and discriminated as much as mutants have been. Like, not even 10% of it. They have been rather privileged.
    The classic Inhumans, sure. Not so much the new Inhumans since the Terrigen cloud was released. They have basically faced the exact same prejudice as mutants have--which is not surprising given the assumption that the Inhumans were being used as mutant stand-ins by Marvel due to Fox having the mutant movie and tv rights. The only real difference is that the mutants have been dealing with it longer.