View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 866 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 366766816856862863864865866867868869870876916966 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 12,990 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    They also have Agent Piper, but the references to her sexuality are so brief and quick people barely notice them.
    I know I didn't notice them. Piper's gay? What were the references for that?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    All I remember was this moment between her and May (I don't recall which episode it was) that some fans interpreted as her possibly having a crush on May. Not sure if it was ever confirmed.

The Week In Gay! Earlier than usual, because I'm currently unemployed!
    Sorry to hear it. Here's hoping it was by choice and will be very temporary.

A character who is not part of the X-gatekeepers gets a solo?
    And the writer is Tim Seeley?
    Damn, and here I thought I'd could move away from the X-line after the end of Domino.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm glad they have already said it's a mini and no an on-going, because then I dont have to be gloomy about sales chances and can just lean back and enjoy!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Sorry to hear it. Here's hoping it was by choice and will be very temporary.
    Group layoff, so not by choice, but hopefully temporary. I'm thinking of applying for a job in Whitehorse, because bad decisions make for good stories.

Kinda cool about the Shatterstar mini. We'll see how that goes.

Oh yaaaaas iceman and shatterstar! This is incredible! I can’t wait to read shatterstar!

The writer confirmed Rictor is on it, and that it will be "Pretty damn bi", if there's anyone worried about that(there was a bunch on the X-forums since the writer said he's inspired by Liefield's take...).

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    OMG, that was unexpected! Excited for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The writer confirmed Rictor is on it, and that it will be "Pretty damn bi", if there's anyone worried about that(there was a bunch on the X-forums since the writer said he's inspired by Liefield's take...).
    That's good to hear, but I really don't think people should still be concerned about Liefeld's infamous ''I can't wait to degay him'' statement. Even if any writer wanted to do that, I doubt editorial would ever allow. Same goes for Iceman ''going straight'' again. At worst, the writer would just not bring it up at all, but it seems like that's not the case here anyway, so win/win!

And while we're at positive Shatterstar news, asian sex god Lewis Tan seems pretty confident he'll be returning to the X-Force movie:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...rn-for-x-force

I mean, it sounds more like wishful thinking from the actor, but hopefully he's right.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-06-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

In one of her early appearances when talking to May, Piper has a Freudian slip and says "I can do May" instead of "I can do that". And this season, when Deke was rambling about how beautiful Daisy is during his post-surgical stupor, Piper commented that Daisy isn't her type but agreed that Deke wasn't wrong about her attractiveness.

Those are the only two references I can recall seeing thus far, and like I said, both of them were in the "blink and you'll miss it" variety.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for that! I did not think they were going to try and retcon away his sexuality or anything like that, but I also figured it might not come up much--aside from maybe at the very beginning of the mini. The article refers to his life falling apart which is what drives him back to his gladiatorial life, so I figured the mini was going to start with the reveal that Rictor and Shattybuns have broken up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's good to hear, but I really don't think people should still be concerned about Liefeld's infamous ''I can't wait to degay him'' statement. Even if any writer wanted to do that, I doubt editorial would ever allow. Same goes for Iceman ''going straight'' again. At worst, the writer would just not bring it up at all, but it seems like that's not the case here anyway, so win/win!
    Marvel explicitly said at the time that any attempt to retcon Shatterstar's sexuality would be rejected, so yeah, I doubt they'd change their mind on that now. And even Liefeld has since backed off on his original statement, saying it wasn't his concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

And while we're at positive Shatterstar news, asian sex god Lewis Tan seems pretty confident he'll be returning to the X-Force movie:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...rn-for-x-force

I mean, it sounds more like wishful thinking from the actor, but hopefully he's right.
    Well, I didn't expect them to retcon it or anything. I know editorial wouldn't allow any character to get "degayed", but yeah, they could pretty much not really acknowledge it, which, while it's not technically wrong I guess, would be super disappointing. Liefield wanted him to be celibate or asexual or something, so I can see how seeing his portrayal as the "definitive Shatterstar" or something could mean no gayness involved lol.

And yeah, hopefully he can come back. It's a pity if he stays dead when that's probably his only shot of a live-action adaptation, and, you know, RicStar since NTW had a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Thanks for that! I did not think they were going to try and retcon away his sexuality or anything like that, but I also figured it might not come up much--aside from maybe at the very beginning of the mini. The article refers to his life falling apart which is what drives him back to his gladiatorial life, so I figured the mini was going to start with the reveal that Rictor and Shattybuns have broken up.
    Well, who knows... Rictor could be on it for them to break up lol. Now that you say the synopsis does give some bad vibes.

Well, I didn't expect them to retcon it or anything. I know editorial wouldn't allow any character to get "degayed", but yeah, they could pretty much not really acknowledge it, which, while it's not technically wrong I guess, would be super disappointing. Liefield wanted him to be celibate or asexual or something, so I can see how seeing his portrayal as the "definitive Shatterstar" or something could mean no gayness involved lol.
    Yeah, Liefeld wanted him to be asexual. You know, like the Spartans. There was certainly nothing gay about the Spartans, right?

Yeah, Liefeld wanted him to be asexual. You know, like the Spartans. There was certainly nothing gay about the Spartans, right?
    And under different circumstances, I would've sided with someone complaining about asexual erasure, but his reasoning at the time didn't feel like genuine concern over ace representation at all, but more like someone who just didn't want the character to be in a homosexual relationship. That's all in the past anyway, since as Dermie pointed out, he has apparently moved on from that mindset (at least publicly).
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-07-2018 at 02:29 AM.