View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 868 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 368768818858864865866867868869870871872878918968 ... LastLast
Results 13,006 to 13,020 of 16971

The Week In Gay.

X-Men Blue #31 has Iceman continue to not matter.

New Mutants: Dead Souls continues to not have Karma appear, because why would Karma appear in a story about her dead brother coming back? It's not like she had anything to do with his death, or like his return would have any relevance to her. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever stop being bitter about Rosenberg taking a Karma story so he can instead give it to a white girl. (Happening at the same time he gave the War Machine armour to Punisher, taking a black guy's identity and having a white guy steal it to commit mass murder. Oh, and Multiple Man #1 had Madrox steal Bishop's time travel device. At this point, I won't be surprised if the antagonist of Astonishing X-Men ends up being Killmonger or someone like that, because Rosenberg is developing quite the pattern of taking things from POC and giving them to white people instead.) Rictor's in the issue, wearing a sweater his boyfriend gave him, so I guess there's that, yippee. I am eternally salty.

Champions #22 has a cameo from Toni Ho. Which is great, I love Toni, I hope another writer picks her up for an ongoing team title soon. There's also Viv, whose sexuality remains unexplored, and Nadia, who's only speculated about so far.

Exiles #5 has Valkyrie being fierce.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #34 has Koi Boi there.

Domino #4 has Inez and Diamondback put a little cowboy hat on Domino's dog. I see no reason why a dog wearing a cowboy hat shouldn't count as gay content.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Week In Gay.

New Mutants: Dead Souls continues to not have Karma appear, because why would Karma appear in a story about her dead brother coming back? It's not like she had anything to do with his death, or like his return would have any relevance to her. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever stop being bitter about Rosenberg taking a Karma story so he can instead give it to a white girl. (Happening at the same time he gave the War Machine armour to Punisher, taking a black guy's identity and having a white guy steal it to commit mass murder. Oh, and Multiple Man #1 had Madrox steal Bishop's time travel device. At this point, I won't be surprised if the antagonist of Astonishing X-Men ends up being Killmonger or someone like that, because Rosenberg is developing quite the pattern of taking things from POC and giving them to white people instead.)
    lol. I know you're upset--with valid reason--about the background role Karma is playing in this. But I think you're stretching a bit there about Rosenberg's "pattern". Rhodey was already dead at the time (not by Rosenberg) when the War Machine armour was temporarily loaned to Punisher--and lets not forget that the War Machine armour actually belonged to a white guy (Stark) first before he gave it to Rhodey. And as for the Multiple Man thing--come on; you know you're stretching with that one. Besides, Bishop caught Madrox and presumably took the device back like 2 pages later.

Rictor's in the issue, wearing a sweater his boyfriend gave him, so I guess there's that, yippee. I am eternally salty.
    Its part of your charm.

Champions #22 has a cameo from Toni Ho. Which is great, I love Toni, I hope another writer picks her up for an ongoing team title soon. There's also Viv, whose sexuality remains unexplored, and Nadia, who's only speculated about so far.
    That is fantastic that Toni showed up! First in IRON MAN, now here--I'm so glad to see her starting to branch out into non-Ewing written books and take firmer root in the wider MU!

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #34 has Koi Boi there.
    And Nancy. Although they haven't come out and explicitly said it (just like they haven't explicitly addressed Koi Boi being trans), they have made hints indicating Nancy is bi along the way, such as her gender-ambiguous reference to other "people" she's had crushes on before Stefan.

Actually, some days I wonder if Ryan North is pulling a TORCHWOOD thing here and having all of the SQUIRREL GIRL cast be bisexual or pansexual to some degree. We know Ken is trans; Nancy is implied bisexual. Doreen may be bi as well given the subtext of intimacy between future-her and future-Nancy in Erica's final issue. And even Chipmunk Hunk had a narration caption once listing "hunks" among his interests, or something like that. I realize it is partly a joke based on his name...but it also does open up the other possibility too.

Domino #4 has Inez and Diamondback put a little cowboy hat on Domino's dog. I see no reason why a dog wearing a cowboy hat shouldn't count as gay content.
    lol. Now he just has to meet Lucky, the Pizza Dog. And Mew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    lol. I know you're upset--with valid reason--about the background role Karma is playing in this. But I think you're stretching a bit there about Rosenberg's "pattern". Rhodey was already dead at the time (not by Rosenberg) when the War Machine armour was temporarily loaned to Punisher--and lets not forget that the War Machine armour actually belonged to a white guy (Stark) first before he gave it to Rhodey. And as for the Multiple Man thing--come on; you know you're stretching with that one. Besides, Bishop caught Madrox and presumably took the device back like 2 pages later.
    I am probably stretching, and Rosenberg does seem like a genuinely good guy, but, you know. Salt.

That is fantastic that Toni showed up! First in IRON MAN, now here--I'm so glad to see her starting to branch out into non-Ewing written books and take firmer root in the wider MU!
    Yeah, my hope is that some new team book will have her as a part of the cast, and in actual field role, not just tech support. She's someone that should get pushed. She's a queer woman of colour genius hero, and unlike most of Marvel's female genius heroes, she's an adult. People bitch and moan about Lunella, Riri and Nadia all being among the smartest people, because they all young. Toni's an adult. So having her be a genius hero who uses her tech to fight bad guys would be great to see.

And Nancy. Although they haven't come out and explicitly said it (just like they haven't explicitly addressed Koi Boi being trans), they have made hints indicating Nancy is bi along the way, such as her gender-ambiguous reference to other "people" she's had crushes on before Stefan.

Actually, some days I wonder if Ryan North is pulling a TORCHWOOD thing here and having all of the SQUIRREL GIRL cast be bisexual or pansexual to some degree. We know Ken is trans; Nancy is implied bisexual. Doreen may be bi as well given the subtext of intimacy between future-her and future-Nancy in Erica's final issue. And even Chipmunk Hunk had a narration caption once listing "hunks" among his interests, or something like that. I realize it is partly a joke based on his name...but it also does open up the other possibility too.
    Yeah, I could see that. I definitely think Nancy and Doreen are going to end up together. We may not ever see it on-panel, but they are definitely going to get married, maybe adopt a kid or two, and grow old and happy together. 110% that is the future of the Marvel Universe right there.

Also in the future of the Marvel Universe: Illyana will meet Leah, they'll start dating, they'll break up because Illyana worries that Leah's only with her because Leah loved another version of Illyana, she'll have a rebound thing with America (who will be fresh off a break-up with an alternate-reality female version of Striker, though that wasn't a serious thing, they only dated for like a month and had nothing in common beyond the sex being great), then she'll run into Leah at a coffee shop and they'll spend a couple hours talking and Illyana will insist that she's not Leah's Illyana and Leah will respond that she knows that and she wants to get to know this Illyana, and they'll give it another try, starting slow, but falling in love with each other and getting married. Illyana will wear a tux, Leah will wear a fancy dark green dress, it'll be an outdoor wedding because you don't do indoor when you can guarantee the weather thanks to Storm. It'll be in the fall, with the leaves changing colour, and the wedding reception will be insane. They won't have any kids, but they will rule Limbo together, and after a few centuries, might even conquer Hel.

Head-canon futures that will never be shown are pretty fun. Makes me wish I was the kind of person to write fanfics.

After the scene at the end of the last issue of the Champions Infinity War mini, I'd be quite interested in a Viv/Riri relationship developing.
    I always got a feeling from Riri. The way she never connected with anyone untill that one girl that got killed later. Of course it could've just been a regular friendship, but I prefer to think of it as a budding romantic interest.
    And like I said, that scene where Viv comforts and wants to aid Riri makes me think they'd make a nice couple.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    After the scene at the end of the last issue of the Champions Infinity War mini, I'd be quite interested in a Viv/Riri relationship developing.
    I always got a feeling from Riri. The way she never connected with anyone untill that one girl that got killed later. Of course it could've just been a regular friendship, but I prefer to think of it as a budding romantic interest.
    And like I said, that scene where Viv comforts and wants to aid Riri makes me think they'd make a nice couple.
    Yeah, I'd be down with a Viv/Riri relationship. Viv also gives off a romantic vibe with Snowguard.

So, Iceman and Pyro, eh. Will it remain a one night stand as the preview suggests or something more?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    So, Iceman and Pyro, eh. Will it remain a one night stand as the preview suggests or something more?
    I think that will depend on who comes along after Guggs. I can see some potential with these two, especially if they go the FWB route instead of pairing off right away. I would have rathered it be Shiro or Johnny if they were gonna run with the whole fire and ice thing, but it really could have been worse.

I miss Cullen, I wish someone would use him

I don't see anyone after Guggenheim having much interest in including Pyro in their stories but you never know. Maybe he'll feature in Iceman's upcoming mini in some way?

Totally called it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I don't see anyone after Guggenheim having much interest in including Pyro in their stories but you never know. Maybe he'll feature in Iceman's upcoming mini in some way?
    Wait! It's only a mini? I thought he was getting a full ongoing again.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Totally called it.

Wait! It's only a mini? I thought he was getting a full ongoing again.
    No, unfortunately it's been confirmed by Sina Grace to only be 5 issues, as per his twitter.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I miss Cullen, I wish someone would use him
    Cullen Bunn said that he had plans for him during Monsters Unleashed, but nothing came out of it. Then again, he said he had plans for Annabelle Riggs too and now she's appearing on AOTG, so maybe we should keep our eyes peeled for whatever Bunn's writing in the future.

Yeah, I think the new Iceman book will probably give us a clue where his love life is headed. I could see it going either way: Grace completely ignoring Pyro/acknowledging it but then getting rid of him for someone he likes better or just deciding to develop that relationship.

No, unfortunately it's been confirmed by Sina Grace to only be 5 issues, as per his twitter.
    Which I'm disappointed about, btw. I mean, if it was trade sales that made it come back, I think it would've been fair to give it an ongoing chance again, because that would mean more trades they could sell. Last time around they cancelled the series before the first trade was even out, which was proven to be the wrong move, so with only 5 issues this time around, the numbers they're expecting wouldn't show up until after the mini wraps up, right? What are they gonna do about it? Just keep relaunching the book with a new volume each time the trades prove to be good? Should just keep it as an ongoing and keep it for as long as the trades allow it to go, IMO. But then again, I'm no comic book business expert and I have no access to the information they have, so who knows what they're doing there. At least Sina did say there is the possibility of more issues being ordered.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-14-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Which I'm disappointed about, btw. I mean, if it was trade sales that made it come back, I think it would've been fair to give it an ongoing chance again, because that would mean more trades they could sell. Last time around they cancelled the series before the first trade was even out, which was proven to be the wrong move, so with only 5 issues this time around, the numbers they're expecting wouldn't show up until after the mini wraps up, right? What are they gonna do about it? Just keep relaunching the book with a new volume each time the trades prove to be good? Should just keep it as an ongoing and keep it for as long as the trades allow it to go, IMO. But then again, I'm no comic book business expert and I have no access to the information they have, so who knows what they're doing there. At least Sina did say there is the possibility of more issues being ordered.
    I feel exactly the same way. It doesn't make sense to me. The DM numbers are probably going to be the same or lower this time, so if trade sales brought it back, why are they limiting it to 5 issues that will end before the trade for them even gets released? It's weird. I wonder if Nadia's book is also a mini.

Well now we know why Iceman and Pyro were together at the exact moment of stopping Rachel in X-men Gold:

https://www.cbr.com/iceman-wedding-hookup-pyro/

I still do not know the majority opinion on these two but I think this will not stop at Gold. It's good to know that someone else besides Gambit and Rogue had some fun despite the failure of the marriage of Colossus and Kitty. Speaking of Kitty and Colossus another person who played a role in the outcome of this story now has to face their feelings:

Colossus’ sister Illyana, meanwhile, is conflicted about her part to play in her brother’s failed wedding. Having talked to Kitty the night before the big day, she feels like she ended up pushing Kitty to make the choice she did, and she’s not entirely sure why did that. Does she love Kitty and want her for herself? Was it part of some long gestating plan by a villain?

Make your bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well now we know why Iceman and Pyro were together at the exact moment of stopping Rachel in X-men Gold:

https://www.cbr.com/iceman-wedding-hookup-pyro/

I still do not know the majority opinion on these two but I think this will not stop at Gold. It's good to know that someone else besides Gambit and Rogue had some fun despite the failure of the marriage of Colossus and Kitty. Speaking of Kitty and Colossus another person who played a role in the outcome of this story now has to face their feelings:

Colossus’ sister Illyana, meanwhile, is conflicted about her part to play in her brother’s failed wedding. Having talked to Kitty the night before the big day, she feels like she ended up pushing Kitty to make the choice she did, and she’s not entirely sure why did that. Does she love Kitty and want her for herself? Was it part of some long gestating plan by a villain?

Make your bets.
    I don't understand. Doesn't this article just say what everyone knew reading the preview? Lol. Then they throw some random speculation about Illyana...