View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 873 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 373773823863869870871872873874875876877883923973 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,095 of 16972

The Week In Gay.

X-Men Blue #32 has Iceman, the only one of the O5 that Magneto doesn't express an actual opinion about, which is a pretty good reflection of how Iceman's been treated throughout the run.

Mr. and Mrs. X #1 has cameos from Iceman, Mystique, Illyana, and Psylocke. And is also a really charming comic.

X-23 #1 has a cow in an X-Men costume. And Gabby, depending on how that one hint from Red plays out. But mostly it's all about X-Cow.

Wakanda Forever: X-Men has Aneka and Ayo, but not much of them, but it does have Storm being appropriately epic.

And I think that might actually be it. Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Week In Gay.

X-Men Blue #32 has Iceman, the only one of the O5 that Magneto doesn't express an actual opinion about, which is a pretty good reflection of how Iceman's been treated throughout the run.

Mr. and Mrs. X #1 has cameos from Iceman, Mystique, Illyana, and Psylocke. And is also a really charming comic.

X-23 #1 has a cow in an X-Men costume. And Gabby, depending on how that one hint from Red plays out. But mostly it's all about X-Cow.

Wakanda Forever: X-Men has Aneka and Ayo, but not much of them, but it does have Storm being appropriately epic.

Mr and Mrs X had been a great comic. It also had a Bling! scene.

And honestly Wakanda Forever was the kind of comic that Storm needed after X-men Gold, where she was only there to be knocked out easily.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay.

MULTIPLE MAN #2 had Iceman and Illyana cameos. It also referenced the bit about Jamie's dupes embodying different aspects of his personality, but we have not had any of his gay dupes identified on panel as of yet.

INFINITY WARS PRIME had Loki, and it looks like he will continue to be involved for the rest of the storyline.

The Week In Gay.

Uh, wow. I think nothing? The new issue of Marvel Rising got delayed due to a printing error. I think it still got released digitally, but I haven't read anything about it, because I'm waiting to actually read it. I assume America was in it, though.

And I guess Infinity Wars #1 had Loki.

Other than that? Yeah, I couldn't find anything. I know none of the X-Men titles had anything this week, and it doesn't seem like any other comics had anything, either. Wow.

Well, apparently Mystique was in Weapon X but I didn't read that either - just going by the review thread on the X-boards.

The Week In Gay.

Uh, wow. I think nothing? The new issue of Marvel Rising got delayed due to a printing error. I think it still got released digitally, but I haven't read anything about it, because I'm waiting to actually read it. I assume America was in it, though.

Other than that? Yeah, I couldn't find anything. I know none of the X-Men titles had anything this week, and it doesn't seem like any other comics had anything, either. Wow.
    I'm so sad that the X-Men Gold Annual wasn't what many were expecting. It would've been such a wonderful turnaround for Kitty, who has been on most's [crap] list for the past couple of years.

Well Deadpool #3 came out. I don't know that Skottie Young is writing Wade as pan, but Negasonic Teenage Warhead is still part of his supporting cast. She's become even more similar to her film counterpart, she used a fiery blastfield-like power this week. Is a pink haired girlfriend far behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm so sad that the X-Men Gold Annual wasn't what many were expecting. It would've been such a wonderful turnaround for Kitty, who has been on most's [crap] list for the past couple of years.
    Yeah, I wasn't actually expecting the Annual to reveal that her first kiss was with a girl. But the story still disappointed me. Because it does what X-Men always does: It treats metaphorical representation as being more important than actual representation.

It's hard not to read a gay metaphor into the story. I have to assume it was intended, at least to an extent. And the metaphor's fine, the metaphor's valuable, but the X-Men franchise is still not great at actual representation. (And it's not just gay representation; it sucks at minority representation, too. X-Men Gold had one POC in its main cast of 6. X-Men Bue had one POC out of it main cast of 8. Astonishing X-Men has one POC out of a main cast of 6. New Mutants had one POC out of a main cast of 5. And the franchise has kind of a history of this kind of thing.) Revealing that Kitty's first kiss was with a girl would've been pretty powerful. Failing that, Asher could've been a trans boy.

And let's not forget the fact that a girl in a wheelchair was pushed into a lake, and that wasn't really followed up on. The X-Men were founded by a dude in a wheelchair, feels like there could've been a little more done with a disabled girl at Kitty's camp being tossed into a lake.

I enjoyed the Annual, and I know most of my problems with it are just my own issues with the X-Men as a whole, but yeah, I did have some complaints.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Well Deadpool #3 came out. I don't know that Skottie Young is writing Wade as pan, but Negasonic Teenage Warhead is still part of his supporting cast. She's become even more similar to her film counterpart, she used a fiery blastfield-like power this week. Is a pink haired girlfriend far behind?
    I hadn't even thought about that, but yeah, outing NTW in the comics is something they could easily do, as there was so little established about the character previously. If they adapt her girlfriend, though, they would probably change her identity, 'cause it's hard to see comics Yukio being her quirky sidekick. Or they could just say they have the same name but are different people, I guess.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay.

My understanding is that the printing error was for the previous issue--it was apparently missing a page, and they are doing a re-release with the page added back in. At least, that was how the article at Newsarama presented it. I like your version better though, since my local comic shop didn't have any of this week's issue left when I got there (although they said they had gotten a few but sold out before I got there) and it means I'll have a chance to get it again.

Yep. More than one Loki, actually.

And for the wait-for-trade set, the 2nd volume of Soule's ASTONISHING X-MEN run came out, with Mystique, Psylocke, Gambit...and what's left of Fantomex.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay.

My understanding is that the printing error was for the previous issue--it was apparently missing a page, and they are doing a re-release with the page added back in. At least, that was how the article at Newsarama presented it. I like your version better though, since my local comic shop didn't have any of this week's issue left when I got there (although they said they had gotten a few but sold out before I got there) and it means I'll have a chance to get it again.

Yep. More than one Loki, actually.

And for the wait-for-trade set, the 2nd volume of Soule's ASTONISHING X-MEN run came out, with Mystique, Psylocke, Gambit...and what's left of Fantomex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Doing some quick Googling, and it looks to me like it probably was this latest issue that had the error. A Newsarama article says it was the July 4 issue, but it also shows the missing page, and it couldn't possibly have been from that one. And a Bleeding Cool article says it was the new one that was missing a page. So I'm pretty sure the Newsarama article just got mixed up, which is understandable given how goddamn atrocious the naming of this mini is. Seriously, how did they make it so complicated? You've got Marvel Rising #0, Marvel Rising: Squirrel Girl/Ms. Marvel #1, Marvel Rising, Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl #1, and I think there's another issue but I forget the name. That is stupid. That is needlessly confusing. Marvel Rising #1-4 would've made actual sense, but nope, Marvel, for some inexplicable reason, chose to make things as complicated as they possibly could.

This thread might get closed soon, due to the other big threads getting closed to try and improve the servers (not that it seems to be working; the website is still slower than usual to me).

Anyway, while we're still here: Psylocke's getting added to Marvel Future Fight, and so is Fantomex (although it's unclear if we're gonna see his female form in the game). I'm still holding out hope we get Shatterstar or Negasonic. Also Iceman, just for fanservice, because it's shameful he hasn't been added in any of the X-Men updates so far.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

A reboot might be nice since the poll kinda needs updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    A reboot might be nice since the poll kinda needs updating.
    True. I feel like Angela, Iceman and America should be options. But that would mean excluding 3 other characters, which is never cool. If we get a new thread, I guess it would be just easier to ditch the ''official'' poll and just create a free type of poll in the first page just asking posters who their favorite character is and updating it each time someone posts a vote. This way, no one's favorite has to be left out.