View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 877 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 377777827867873874875876877878879880881887927977 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,155 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

In Tiamatty's absence, the "This Week In Gay" post has been neglected for the past 2 weeks, so I'll try to fill in some of those blanks now.

Two weeks ago...

MARVEL RISING: MS. MARVEL & SQUIRREL GIRL #1: The latest chapter of the confusingly-titled and numbered miniseries features America Chavez.

INFINITY WARS #2 had a brief appearance by Loki.

ASTONISHING X-MEN ANNUAL #1 had Iceman in a reunion of the surviving members of the original X-Men roster.

IRON MAN #3 had cameos by computerized simulations of D-Man and Rawhide Kid in a cyberspace environment. The D-Man simulation had some dialogue; Rawhide did not.

MULTIPLE MAN #3 - still no confirmed sightings of Jamie's gay dupe but this issue at least starts to make sense of the weirdness that has been going on.

Last week:

WEST COAST AVENGERS #1 gets the new series off to a very fun start, and America Chavez is one of the main cast (as is Quentin Quire, whose sexuality has been speculated on in this thread recently). We also get cameos from Mikka and Ramone from Kelly Thompson's HAWKEYE series. Plus an abs-tastic new character makes a surprise debut at the end of the issue.

WAKANDA FOREVER #3 had more Dora Milaje action, although Ayo and Aneka did not get as much to do in this issue as the focus was more on Nakia and Okoye.

MR & MRS X #2 guest stars Deadpool. And although there's nothing technically gay about the Technet, they are always fun and they make a guest appearance here too.

And its not Marvel, but for fans of the Buffyverse, Andrew Wells made a return appearance in BUFFY Season 12: The Reckoning #3.

Please feel free to add any I missed!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    From New Mutants: Dead Souls #6:

Looks like Ric and 'Star are off break.
    As they should! That ''no'' cracked me up, btw. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I guess not all relationships have to be traditional in the marvel u. Maybe they live together but occasionally they open things up. It’s not for everyone and it’s not what I would want to do but it’s 2018 and everyone knows someone like that
    I like the idea of Marvel portraying a polyamorous relationship in a positive light. Maybe we could learn more about that on 'Star's upcoming mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    In Tiamatty's absence, the "This Week In Gay" post has been neglected for the past 2 weeks, so I'll try to fill in some of those blanks now.

Two weeks ago...

MARVEL RISING: MS. MARVEL & SQUIRREL GIRL #1: The latest chapter of the confusingly-titled and numbered miniseries features America Chavez.

INFINITY WARS #2 had a brief appearance by Loki.

ASTONISHING X-MEN ANNUAL #1 had Iceman in a reunion of the surviving members of the original X-Men roster.

IRON MAN #3 had cameos by computerized simulations of D-Man and Rawhide Kid in a cyberspace environment. The D-Man simulation had some dialogue; Rawhide did not.

MULTIPLE MAN #3 - still no confirmed sightings of Jamie's gay dupe but this issue at least starts to make sense of the weirdness that has been going on.

Last week:

WEST COAST AVENGERS #1 gets the new series off to a very fun start, and America Chavez is one of the main cast (as is Quentin Quire, whose sexuality has been speculated on in this thread recently). We also get cameos from Mikka and Ramone from Kelly Thompson's HAWKEYE series. Plus an abs-tastic new character makes a surprise debut at the end of the issue.

WAKANDA FOREVER #3 had more Dora Milaje action, although Ayo and Aneka did not get as much to do in this issue as the focus was more on Nakia and Okoye.

MR & MRS X #2 guest stars Deadpool. And although there's nothing technically gay about the Technet, they are always fun and they make a guest appearance here too.

And its not Marvel, but for fans of the Buffyverse, Andrew Wells made a return appearance in BUFFY Season 12: The Reckoning #3.

Well, thank you for that. This thread can really be neglected when Tiamatty's not around.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-26-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Technically we already saw them back together a few issues ago (Shatterstar's cameo when they were out for lunch together with some of the other team members), but yes, this is definitely a fun little Shatterstar cameo and a welcome reminder of their involvement.
    Right, but after Ric's appearance in Iceman, it wasn't clear if they were just friends or not when brunching in NM. This panel's less ambiguous.

Extermination #1 had young Iceman. As expected, he had sweet fa to do.

Yeah no. I'm not giving Dead Souls any credit for having Shatterstar show up in another cameo where he doesn't get to say anything, just stands around looking pretty, like an accessory for Rictor. Not that Rictor has actually done anything in that mini other than have a fake out death that only served to further Magik's own character development

Extermination #1 had young Iceman. As expected, he had sweet fa to do.
    And at least young Iceman got tickets to Hamilton. And he went without a date or complaining that Romeo ghosted him. That's progress I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah no. I'm not giving Dead Souls any credit for having Shatterstar show up in another cameo where he doesn't get to say anything, just stands around looking pretty, like an accessory for Rictor. Not that Rictor has actually done anything in that mini other than have a fake out death that only served to further Magik's own character development
    Meh. You just hate that book. I don't even read it, but it's a cute and funny panel. Shatterstar isn't part of the roster. Would be nice if he had a role but it's a harmless cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Meh. You just hate that book. I don't even read it, but it's a cute and funny panel. Shatterstar isn't part of the roster. Would be nice if he had a role but it's a harmless cameo.
    Never denied that I am critical of that book.

But it's that's exactly it, it's just a cameo. And yet fans are so starved for RicStar content that they are eating this up when it's practically nothing, the bare minimum of acknowledging the existence of their relationship. And they'll reward Rosenberg and act like he's some great ally, ignoring how underwhelming and insulting his depiction of Karma and Prodigy (two queer POCs) has been throughout this mini.

Rosenberg chose the white ass roster he did. He chose to focus on these characters. He could have had Dani, Shatterstar, Karma and Prodigy as full time members if he wanted, no one else was using them. But he chose to downplay their roles in the book in order to give even more attention to Magik. So yeah I am going to remain critical of Rosenberg and his choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Never denied that I am critical of that book.

But it's that's exactly it, it's just a cameo. And yet fans are so starved for RicStar content that they are eating this up when it's practically nothing, the bare minimum of acknowledging the existence of their relationship. And they'll reward Rosenberg and act like he's some great ally, ignoring how underwhelming and insulting his depiction of Karma and Prodigy (two queer POCs) has been throughout this mini.

Rosenberg chose the white ass roster he did. He chose to focus on these characters. He could have had Dani, Shatterstar, Karma and Prodigy as full time members if he wanted, no one else was using them. But he chose to downplay their roles in the book in order to give even more attention to Magik. So yeah I am going to remain critical of Rosenberg and his choices.
    I don't see anyone doing any of that on this thread. The comments about the RicStar panel didn't even mention Rosenberg, whether he's an ally, his writing in general. It's literally just someone saying they're still together(after Iceman said they were on a break) and "This cracked me up lol". So it feels more like you're just saying people shouldn't even be allowed to enjoy this little panel because of your dislike towards the writer and the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't see anyone doing any of that on this thread. The comments about the RicStar panel didn't even mention Rosenberg, whether he's an ally, his writing in general. It's literally just someone saying they're still together(after Iceman said they were on a break) and "This cracked me up lol". So it feels more like you're just saying people shouldn't even be allowed to enjoy this little panel because of your dislike towards the writer and the series.
    Did I say anyone else couldn't enjoy it? I said that I wouldn't give the series any credit, that these little cameos where Shatterstar doesn't even get to say anything) don't make up for any of the shit this book has pulled like stealing a major plotline from Karma, whitewashing her brother, faking out Rictor's death to give Illyana bad fee fees and making his funeral all about her.

If you want to enjoy it fine, but I am going to voice my thoughts and I think its shallow fanservice without any substance, makeup on a pig.

I like Magik and Dead Souls really suits her. I would love it if someone wrote Dani with that much care and attention. I'm happy that Rictor is on the team. He hasn't done a lot to shape the plot but at least he has a personality. I'm fine with Shatterstar's cameos because I don't need Shatterstar to show up every time Rictor does and vice versa, but they should be acknowledged and these acknowledgements were cute as hell.

I have a feeling these same complaints will surface in Shatterstar's mini (and worse).

I do agree with Beetle that we are starved when it comes to a lot of queer characters (especially queer and racialized characters) and it's easy to get excited when a little attention gets thrown their way. I want more more more.

From New Mutants: Dead Souls #6:

Looks like Ric and 'Star are off break.
    Lord, I hope so. Now I just need to hold my nerves til we see who dies/gets wounded so badly that Shatterstar goes all vengeance guy.

I like it, and I like that it continues a long tradition of Rictor costumes being alllllmost stylish, but failing! There is something almost sweet about artists keeping true to Julio's terrible aesthetic choices. Just goes to show that not every gay man is a fashion expert. Lol.

Rictor looks hot, 'nuff said

Damn sexy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm gonna miss his long-ish hair, but other than that...