View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 885 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 385785835875881882883884885886887888889895935985 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Okoye and Ayo always struck me as someone misreading a scene and everyone else running for it. Particularly since Okoye actually already had a romantic subplot with W'kabi in the movie.
    They considered including a Okoye and Ayo suggestion maybe (?) in the movie:

http://screencrush.com/black-panther...o-okoye-scene/
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-24-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Messed up the characters, my bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Well, Okoye and Ayo were romantically involved in the comics, and actually they considered including that in the movie.

http://screencrush.com/black-panther...o-okoye-scene/
    Ayo's girlfriend in the comics is called Aneko, Okoye is someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ayo's girlfriend in the comics is called Aneko, Okoye is someone else.
    I messed up. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah. I know a lot of people read into the deleted scene a certain way but I think they were mistaking Okoye for Aneka. I think the biggest chance of an LGBTQ+ character being confirmed on screen is Valkyrie. Tessa's fighting for it, there was a deleted scene that confirmed it, so as long as they don't delete the scene, it'll be a step towards inclusion.

https://www.newsarama.com/41972-shat...-men-cuts.html

We learn that Shatterstar has distanced himself from Rictor for reasons that will be clear. Shatterstar is a landlord at a building for time-displaced refugee tenants similar to himself. Rictor runs a punk club called Shakedown (excellent name). Seeley mentioned wanting to define Rictor outside of the X-men or Shatterstar.

I get the impression that Ricstar is not going to be a big focus, unfortunately. But, at least we have new solid status quos for these characters that speaks to some actual development. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of Ricstar depicted.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

We learn that Shatterstar has distanced himself from Rictor for reasons that will be clear. Shatterstar is a landlord at a building for time-displaced refugee tenants similar to himself. Rictor runs a punk club called Shakedown (excellent name). Seeley mentioned wanting to define Rictor outside of the X-men or Shatterstar.

I get the impression that Ricstar is not going to be a big focus, unfortunately. But, at least we have new solid status quos for these characters that speaks to some actual development. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of Ricstar depicted.
    Yeah, it seems like their relationship is not the focus, but the actual individual characters will get something to do. It's kinda like what we were discussing in the previous pages: looks like the writer wants to highlight what makes those characters outside of that relationship, and that's not a bad thing at all. I mean, they even bothered to give Rictor an official design and his own ''scene'' for the book, so it's likely he won't be just an extra. I'm pretty excited for this; everything sounds pretty cool. I love the new jobs for 'Star and Rictor and I already love the concept for the ''indian Sailor Moon'' female character they teased.

Yeah it's actually sounding pretty punk and rad. Out of everything, I'm most excited to see Rictor's club haha.

OMG, y'all, this new promo for Marvel Rising has America actually talking about her moms and a glimpse of them:

I'm truly surprised they're not shying away from her origins! I honestly thought they'd just completely skip that. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna freak out a little if there's any mention of the Demiurge, 'cause that's probably the closest thing we'll get to Billy in a cartoon.

Also, I talked about this before in the America Appreciation Thread, but I wonder how they're gonna deal with the ''America is the only one of her kind in the multiverse and there are no AU versions of her'' rule established by Gillen. I didn't think that was going to be a big deal in this because I really thought her backstory wouldn't be explored, but since that's obviously not the case, this might just make or break that rule depending on how they decide to portray her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    OMG, y'all, this new promo for Marvel Rising has America actually talking about her moms and a glimpse of them:

I'm truly surprised they're not shying away from her origins! I honestly thought they'd just completely skip that. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna freak out a little if there's any mention of the Demiurge, 'cause that's probably the closest thing we'll get to Billy in a cartoon.

Also, I talked about this before in the America Appreciation Thread, but I wonder how they're gonna deal with the ''America is the only one of her kind in the multiverse and there are no AU versions of her'' rule established by Gillen. I didn't think that was going to be a big deal in this because I really thought her backstory wouldn't be explored, but since that's obviously not the case, this might just make or break that rule depending on how they decide to portray her.
    That's the second time Cierra Ramirez plays a character with two moms. But yeah, it's great that they're actually showing them.

About the whole multiverse/AU thing... There's nothing to make or break tbh. Different media adaptations aren't literal alternate universes. This is just a cool little way to see them. Marvel Wiki takes it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    About the whole multiverse/AU thing... There's nothing to make or break tbh. Different media adaptations aren't literal alternate universes. This is just a cool little way to see them. Marvel Wiki takes it too seriously.
    I would agree if it was just a fan thing, but Marvel actually enables it. The recent Spider-Man from the games will appear in the comics. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. actually referenced ''616'' during an AU story. Gillen's Young Avengers also referenced the MCU universe and implied the group visited there. Doctor Strange literally watched Benedict Cumberbatch playing him in the Gwenpool comic. I'm sure there are more examples of this kind of media crossovers happening. Like, I get that those are fun easter-eggs, but I think it's disingenuous to put that in the actual work and expect fans to not consider it canon.

It's really nice to see Rictor and Shatterstar have jobs and lives outside of the X-men. If the X-writers are going to insist on using the same classic characters for all of their team lineups, then giving the more obscure characters alternatives and things to do when they aren't in a team book so that they aren't just twiddling their thumbs waiting for another writer to use them is great.

And at least Seeley is using Rictor as part of Shatterstar's life, distanced or not. Giving him any amount of focus is still more than we got from New Mutants Dead Souls.

Hopefully X-Force will acknowledge these developments

I don't their relationship not being the focus. No one's relationship should be the focus of their life. It's more interesting to have them together and living their own lives. That said, I can see why Shatterstar might need a little space after Extermination. Their relationship, which clearly has ups and downs and they aren't in each other's pockets, is one of the more honest interpretation of a relationship in a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I would agree if it was just a fan thing, but Marvel actually enables it. The recent Spider-Man from the games will appear in the comics. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. actually referenced ''616'' during an AU story. Gillen's Young Avengers also referenced the MCU universe and implied the group visited there. Doctor Strange literally watched Benedict Cumberbatch playing him in the Gwenpool comic. I'm sure there are more examples of this kind of media crossovers happening. Like, I get that those are fun easter-eggs, but I think it's disingenuous to put that in the actual work and expect fans to not consider it canon.
    Meh. This means nothing.
    You say PS4 Spider-Man will be in the comics (Spider-Geddon I assume), but I guarantee that by the second Spider-Man game there won't be any indication that he had those experiences.
    Sure comics love to do those sort of cameos or easter eggs. It's easy when it's done in the comics because of how crazy they can get with stuff involving alternate realities, but it generally doesn't apply to outside media because their universes have to be more defined to appeal to a broader audience.
    And yeah, sometimes TV or videogames like to have such winks as well, but they generally don't take it too seriously. It's there as a sly nod. Not a major plotpoint.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Meh. This means nothing.
    You say PS4 Spider-Man will be in the comics (Spider-Geddon I assume), but I guarantee that by the second Spider-Man game there won't be any indication that he had those experiences.
    Sure comics love to do those sort of cameos or easter eggs. It's easy when it's done in the comics because of how crazy they can get with stuff involving alternate realities, but it generally doesn't apply to outside media because their universes have to be more defined to appeal to a broader audience.
    And yeah, sometimes TV or videogames like to have such winks as well, but they generally don't take it too seriously. It's there as a sly nod. Not a major plotpoint.
    I'm not arguing how important those easter-eggs or cameos are, just that, as long as they exist, Marvel is enabling people to think of them as canon. Honestly, I was just curious to know if that rule was still standing, as I thought it was an interesting detail about the character and it would be pretty funny if it was an recurring joke throughout some of the different media she appears on...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-27-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Do you guys remember that minor character from Spider-Man: Homecoming I said I thought was supposed to be a stealth gay character in the movie a while ago? As it turns out, the person who played him came out as trans, and now I'm thinking of how cool it would be if the director decided to bring the character back, now reflecting the actress' identity. No big deal about it, just a little scene with Peter seeing her in the halls and saying ''wow, you look different'' and her replying ''yeah, summer did me good'' or something like that. I would love that.