View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 886 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 386786836876882883884885886887888889890896936986 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,290 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Do you guys remember that minor character from Spider-Man: Homecoming I said I thought was supposed to be a stealth gay character in the movie a while ago? As it turns out, the person who played him came out as trans, and now I'm thinking of how cool it would be if the director decided to bring the character back, now reflecting the actress' identity. No big deal about it, just a little scene with Peter seeing her in the halls and saying ''wow, you look different'' and her replying ''yeah, summer did me good'' or something like that. I would love that.
    I would have the same problem with it that I did with the whole stealth gay thing in Homecoming. It sucks as representation.
    We really shouldn't be required to be grasping at straws for some meaningful LGBT characters in superhero movies. Not in this day and age. It's pathetic. The studios should do better.
    We're getting PoC and female led movies, but LGBT characters are a 5 second, blink-and-you-miss-it, afterthought? **** that.
    #EmmaWasRight

There should be more representation for sure but to be fair to Homecoming almost every kid beyond the core cast of Peter, Ned, Michelle, Flash and Liz was an inconsequential five second Easter Egg. Maybe they'll develop them in the future since it's likely there'll be less (with them on the foreign field trip) but unlikely.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I would have the same problem with it that I did with the whole stealth gay thing in Homecoming. It sucks as representation.
    We really shouldn't be required to be grasping at straws for some meaningful LGBT characters in superhero movies. Not in this day and age. It's pathetic. The studios should do better.
    We're getting PoC and female led movies, but LGBT characters are a 5 second, blink-and-you-miss-it, afterthought? **** that.
    I'm suggesting a minor role because it is a minor character. Or are you expecting a movie led by that one character who had one scene with one or two lines? Let's be realistic here. We should absolutely be fighting for meaningful LGBTQ representation, but we also have to realize that not every character is gonna fit into that. If I want better LGBTQ representation, I'm gonna fight for it using characters like Loki or Valkyrie as reference, not the random kid from Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    There should be more representation for sure but to be fair to Homecoming almost every kid beyond the core cast of Peter, Ned, Michelle, Flash and Liz was an inconsequential five second Easter Egg.
    True. I'm still wondering what the story was with the dude in the mascot costume was who was always running by in the background, late for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    True. I'm still wondering what the story was with the dude in the mascot costume was who was always running by in the background, late for something.
    Ian McKellan on his show Vicious played an actor Freddy who only claim to fame was a villain in one story of classic Dr. Who and the rest of his career was commercials and minor roles usually nonspeaking but he would still create elaborate back stories for all his characters no matter how minor.

Dan Slott really did that:

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

I might be reading this wrong, but doesn't this just mean the two guys sent him a request? Wouldn't be the first time queer guys thirst over straight men on social media. The ''ladies and gents'' line is more telling, but that could just be read as your typical ''I'm so hot everyone wants a piece of me'' mindset, which is definitely how Tony would think of himself. Regardless, it wouldn't be too surprising for me if someone like him has ever had at least bi-curious tendencies. He probably falls in the same category as Johnny Storm of ''people who sleep around so much you can't help but wonder what kinds of things they've experimented''.

Other way around. Tony sent them the request. But I think the implication was that he sent requests to every single user on the app.
    Of course it was a plan to overload their systems because the app was also somehow being used to control an army of evil robots.

I don't think Tony was necessarily interested in dating any of the men on the app.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Hope for Johnny.... RISING
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Yeah, I don't read much into the "ladies and gents" line beyond Tony acknowledging that non-het dudes exist and want to date him.

...also I think the artist drew Chip Zdarsky sending Tony Stark a date request, and I'm dying. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Other way around. Tony sent them the request. But I think the implication was that he sent requests to every single user on the app.
    Of course it was a plan to overload their systems because the app was also somehow being used to control an army of evil robots.

I don't think Tony was necessarily interested in dating any of the men on the app.
    I didn't read the issue, so I had no clue about the context. Yeah, it doesn't sound like it was a hint at him being genuinely interested in hooking up with men.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Hope for Johnny.... RISING
    Actually, the more currently straight characters are revealed to be LGBT, the lower the chances of others being outed.
    Unless you think Marvel is planning on making all its male characters gay or bi.
    Bobby's recent outing is one of the reasons I seriously doubt they'd out Johnny Storm. Aside from me despising the character and hating the idea of him being LGBT of course.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Actually, the more currently straight characters are revealed to be LGBT, the lower the chances of others being outed.
    Unless you think Marvel is planning on making all its male characters gay or bi.
    Bobby's recent outing is one of the reasons I seriously doubt they'd out Johnny Storm. Aside from me despising the character and hating the idea of him being LGBT of course.
    I don't seriously think Tony was outed as anything other than straight. I just feel like it's not impossible for Johnny to be canonically revealed as bi or sexually fluid.
    Bobby's outing could be taken two ways: Marvel is open to interpreting these decades old characters differently, or Marvel will never do that with a popular long-running character again.
    I like to be optimistic.

Why do you despise the character?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

So, Shatterstar #1...true to people's worries, Shatterstar and Rictor essentially broke up off panel, over stupid reasons involving Shatterstar regressing as a character, and I am not happy. *sigh*

That said, I will read the mini in hopes of some reconciliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I don't seriously think Tony was outed as anything other than straight. I just feel like it's not impossible for Johnny to be canonically revealed as bi or sexually fluid.
    Bobby's outing could be taken two ways: Marvel is open to interpreting these decades old characters differently, or Marvel will never do that with a popular long-running character again.
    I like to be optimistic.

Why do you despise the character?
    He's a dumb shallow superficial jock.
    #EmmaWasRight