View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 890 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 390790840880886887888889890891892893894900940990 ... LastLast
Results 13,336 to 13,350 of 16973

I can see it being a mixture of the Young Avengers and Champions, probably using the former's branding for recognition value. Although, Wiccan and Speed will need to be reworked into just normal teens with powers. The demon-baby storyline doesn't work in the MCU (at least not at the moment, so Marvel would otherwise have to hold off on them until it did).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The demon-baby storyline doesn't work in the MCU (at least not at the moment, so Marvel would otherwise have to hold off on them until it did).
    So much potential weirdness from that one concept.

Is 40% of Mephisto's soul now 'tainted' by exposure to a brief period of love and acceptance as Wanda and Vision's 'children?'

What sort of connection do Billy and Tommy have to Mephisto, anyway? Is there a bit of him lurking within them? Will he come to reclaim it, or is he letting it ripen, or planning on using it someday to open a portal / serve as a touchstone to the Earth dimension?

Has anyone else drawn (very bad!) inspiration from this? Could Bova (assuming she's 'discovered' to not be dead, again...), for instance, who once served as nanny to Wanda and Pietro, and clearly has over-developed maternal instincts (and, like all of the High Evolutionary's New Men, IIRC, cannot have children biologically) come to the terrible conclusion that accepting an offer from Chthon to help her have a child through supernatural means could re-open that sort of thing (and make Chthon a threat once again, as he attempts to use his new spawn to get a foothold out of Mt. Wundagore).

Franklin Richards is responsible for the fragmentation of Mephisto's soul in the first place, and Billy, perhaps not entirely coincidentally, has similar reality-manipulating powers to Franklin, who is sorta ultimately responsible for their splinting off from Mephisto in the first place.

Is Blackheart (Mephisto's actual son) 'family?' And you thought Magneto at family reunions was going to be awkward...

So I just read Infinity Wars #4:
    spoilers:
    Am I the only thinking that Duggan is going to bring back Phylla in a way we didn't expect?
    end of spoilers

I can see it being a mixture of the Young Avengers and Champions, probably using the former's branding for recognition value. Although, Wiccan and Speed will need to be reworked into just normal teens with powers. The demon-baby storyline doesn't work in the MCU (at least not at the moment, so Marvel would otherwise have to hold off on them until it did).
    I honestly believe they will use the name Champions, and not Young Avengers, in the MCU. I believe they don't want to overuse the name Avengers and possibly confuse the general audience with the Young Avengers title. Champions gives a freshness to the MCU that the Young Avengers title doesn't, and God knows we need new things in the super hero genre.

Regarding the team, yeah, I could totally see it being a mixture of Champions and Young Avengers. Cassie as Stature is right around the corner, and we already have teenager Peter, Kamala in a few years and maybe Sam. If they want to introduce Kate as Hawkeye, is also fairly easy, but I'm not sure if they're gonna go with Kate's original storyline or make her one of Clint's kids, because considering the MCU, that makes sense too. I'm not even sure if they will make Wiccan and Speed related to Wanda, because right now I see no space for her to actually have kids or, honestly, any appeal to her and Vision's relationship in the MCU to make me want her to have kids, so let's see how that plays out.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Iceman #2.....is an odd book.

Some stuff that helped explain some plot holes involving Emma and Bobby and his sexuality, but some odd choices with Emma's family that I'm not sure really work in the super compressed story we get.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah. The...revelation about Emma's dad seemed kind of out of nowhere and at odds with every other appearance he's made, but overall I really liked it.

Also, Moondragon is finally going to be appearing in a regular series again; she's part of the new Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah. The...revelation about Emma's dad seemed kind of out of nowhere and at odds with every other appearance he's made, but overall I really liked it.

Also, Moondragon is finally going to be appearing in a regular series again; she's part of the new Guardians of the Galaxy.

Is it too much to hope for Phyla too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it too much to hope for Phyla too ?
    I think that Infinity wars 4 gave some leads regarding that.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I dont think Phylla is in that picture (she could be on the other side of what looks like a Nova helmet, maybe)....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Winston Frost was always a domineering father and homophobe. None of that seemed out of character to me. I completely believe he'd drug his son to keep him sedated.

Winston Frost was always a domineering father and homophobe. None of that seemed out of character to me. I completely believe he'd drug his son to keep him sedated.
    Yeah it was hinted in the Emma Frost limited series of her origin story and in Morrison's run of New X-men, that he did that to his son and his wife.

That wasn't what I was referring to. It was the spoilers:
    Christian being a psychic mutant
    end of spoilers stuff that I found out of nowhere and would've liked to see explored in more detail. I think the twist especially could have had better payoff in a longer storyline.
    Last edited by Holt; 10-10-2018 at 03:28 PM.

end of spoilers stuff that I found out of nowhere and would've liked to see explored in more detail. I think the twist especially could have had better payoff in a longer storyline.
    Counting that Christian fell in comic book limbo after the mini series of Emma Frost and the brief mention he got in Morrison's New X-men, I'm not that surprised. Also the new Iceman series is a mini, so of course they couldn't give too much focus and needed to find a more or less auto conclussive developement.

Emma, Adrienne and Cordelia all had psionic abilities so that didn't come as much of a surprise to me. I hope it'll be further explored, Emma does have an X-Men:Black issue soon.

Did Cordelia have powers? I don't remember. I thought the whole point of her kidnapping Mondo to gain entry to the Hellfire Club was because she didn't have actual abilities of her own. But I admit I haven't read that story in quite a while.