View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 891 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 391791841881887888889890891892893894895901941991 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,365 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Did Cordelia have powers? I don't remember. I thought the whole point of her kidnapping Mondo to gain entry to the Hellfire Club was because she didn't have actual abilities of her own. But I admit I haven't read that story in quite a while.
    She definitely had to have soooome powers lest she wouldn't have been given the opportunity to "audition" for a spot.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Franklin Richards is responsible for the fragmentation of Mephisto's soul in the first place, and Billy, perhaps not entirely coincidentally, has similar reality-manipulating powers to Franklin, who is sorta ultimately responsible for their splinting off from Mephisto in the first place.
    Ok, my mind is blown with this newfound realization. Franklin Richards is officially responsible for the greatest butterfly effect in Marvel History. It would be cool if Billy and him met up someday and discussed this. Not many heroes can go around saying they are able to warp reality on a universal level, so it would be interesting to see them bonding over having such power.

Also, Moondragon is finally going to be appearing in a regular series again; she's part of the new Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ok, this team is shaping up to be AWESOME. Love the unorthodox choices so far. Keep 'em coming, Cates! And FINALLY some cosmic justice for Heather. I really hope Phyla is back, as that would be the cherry on top for this team.

Did Cordelia have powers? I don't remember. I thought the whole point of her kidnapping Mondo to gain entry to the Hellfire Club was because she didn't have actual abilities of her own. But I admit I haven't read that story in quite a while.
    I believe it was established Cordelia was immune to Emma's powers, which could only mean she was a mutant herself, as there is that little biological rule about how mutant siblings are immune to each other's abilities.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    She definitely had to have soooome powers lest she wouldn't have been given the opportunity to "audition" for a spot.
    While I've always assumed that all of the Frost siblings had *something* psionic going on, even if it wasn't necessarily a hot power like telepathy (and perhaps being something 'softer' like psychometry or clairvoyance), I don't think that the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle has consistently been a 'must have powers' club, or 'mutants only' club. Non-mutants like Pierce have weaseled their way into the top ranks of the club, as have non-mutant, non-cyborg 'normal' folk like Berto's father (ever so briefly, granted...). Rich and decadent and socially/politically 'powerful' seem to be adequate, even if mutants other 'enhanced' folk (like Pierce) just seem to have floated to the top, over time, having advantages in their internal conflicts that the 'merely' rich and decadent can't easily match.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Ok, this team is shaping up to be AWESOME. Love the unorthodox choices so far. Keep 'em coming, Cates! And FINALLY some cosmic justice for Heather. I really hope Phyla is back, as that would be the cherry on top for this team.
    It would make sense that there would be at least one other woman on this team, and Phyla is certainly one of the cosmic contenders.

(Other choices could include; Her/Paragon, Frankie Raye/Supernova, Sersi, Monica Rambeau, Tamara Devoux/Captain Universe, etc. But Phyla seems to fit better, as she's already got a tie to Heather, and isn't dead (like Frankie) or being saved for some Eternals push (like Sersi) or totally forgotten (like the 'Eve' to 'Adam' Warlock, Her/Paragon/Kismet/whatever...).

I am stoked to see Moondragon again. She was always a favorite of mine. Telepathy powerful enough to mind control a planet and punch through the mental defenses of Galactus. Telekinesis powerful enough to block a blow from Thor's hammer. Alien martial arts skill on par with Iron Fist. Super-scientific knowledge capable of creating super-beings and cyborgs. And she's not a mutant, or a redhead, or from an alternate dystopian timeline.

I believe it was established Cordelia was immune to Emma's powers, which could only mean she was a mutant herself, as there is that little biological rule about how mutant siblings are immune to each other's abilities.
    While that's true for Scott and Alex (and yet not Gabriel, oddly, who, IIRC, was able to blast Scott freely), I wonder if that's true for other mutant siblings?

I have no idea if it ever applied to Wanda being unable to 'hex' Pietro, or if Rachel, Nate and Cable would shut each down if they ever tried for a telepathic or telekinetic throwdown... (Northstar and Aurora's odd and changing power interactions, or the Fenris twins, just muddle the waters further.)

It would make an interesting plot point for a story if Tommy turned out to be 'immune' to Billy's reality warping, and was the one person unchanged (and therefore necessary to 'set things right') after some big hoodoo-booboo on Billy's part...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-11-2018 at 05:20 AM.

I think Frankie Raye is more or less back to life. Or she's been replaced by an identical duplicate who has her powers, appearance and some of her memories. I don't know, that Heralds miniseries was hard to follow.

She recently appeared in Fantastic Four.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While that's true for Scott and Alex (and yet not Gabriel, oddly, who, IIRC, was able to blast Scott freely), I wonder if that's true for other mutant siblings?

I have no idea if it ever applied to Wanda being unable to 'hex' Pietro, or if Rachel, Nate and Cable would shut each down if they ever tried for a telepathic or telekinetic throwdown... (Northstar and Aurora's odd and changing power interactions, or the Fenris twins, just muddle the waters further.)

It would make an interesting plot point for a story if Tommy turned out to be 'immune' to Billy's reality warping, and was the one person unchanged (and therefore necessary to 'set things right') after some big hoodoo-booboo on Billy's part...
    You're right that it's not a consistent rule, but it is something that was established for the Frosts sisters at least, so I always figured that meant all of them were supposed to be mutants.

Wanda and Pietro are not even mutants anymore, so I guess they can get away with it now. Billy and Tommy might fall on the same category, as they were never formally established as mutants... Plus, I'm pretty sure we'ven seen Billy's using his teleporting powers on all the Young Avengers before (including Tommy), so that'd be evidence his powers do affect him. But I like the idea of Tommy having some kind of yet-to-be-discovered leverage or ''cheat code'' around Billy's powers somehow, due to the nature of their intertwined origin. I mean, both of them are reincarnations of (dark) magically constructed beings, so maybe Billy isn't the only one who inherited all the magic fun.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-11-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Phyla will be part of the new Guardians.

Last edited by Holt; 10-11-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Phyla will be part of the new Guardians.

It'll be nice to have Phyla and Moondgragon on the same team again .

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Is that confirmed to be Phylla? It's a blue version of her in Malekith's costume?

Oh, no, I see, it is her - but back with no explanation? Or is she from an alt. universe? And is that our Moondragon, or the one from the alt. universe?

The ones in Countdown #4 were alt universe ones, so I guess the last few issues of Infinity Wars will give us some answers...or it'll just be glossed over because Duggan is writing that, but Cates is writing this, so it wont matter if it doesnt like up exactly in today's loosely edited Marvel
    Last edited by legion_quest; 10-11-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Is that confirmed to be Phylla? It's a blue version of her in Malekith's costume?
    It's how Phyla has been appearing in Infinity Wars. It's her.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

Oh, no, I see, it is her - but back with no explanation? Or is she from an alt. universe? And is that our Moondragon, or the one from the alt. universe?

The ones in Countdown #4 were alt universe ones, so I guess the last few issues of Infinity Wars will give us some answers...or it'll just be glossed over because Duggan is writing that, but Cates is writing this, so it wont matter if it doesnt like up exactly in today's loosely edited Marvel
    I guess they are the same ones from Infinity Wars, which made wonder what happened with 616 Moondragon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    But I like the idea of Tommy having some kind of yet-to-be-discovered leverage or ''cheat code'' around Billy's powers somehow, due to the nature of their intertwined origin. I mean, both of them are reincarnations of (dark) magically constructed beings, so maybe Billy isn't the only one who inherited all the magic fun.
    It could oddly interconnect Speed's 'speed' powers and his ability to phase through things if he had some mystical ability to escape or get around stuff. He's not 'running fast' so much as defying time itself, and he's not 'phasing through walls' so much as defying the restrictions of matter. He'd be a different sort of reality manipulator than Billy, not so much changing things, as willing himself to be unchanged by other forces or properties of the universe (such as time, and perhaps later space, energy, etc. allowing him to teleport or tank energy blasts).

I'm not sure I'd want such a development, but it's a possibility anyway, and would be on-theme (and perhaps more interesting than 'speedster, like Uncle Pietro').

And yay! Phyla confirmed! (I don't even like Phyla, but it's representation, and therefore good.)

Hm. Captain Mar-Vell's legacy includes Phyla-Vell, Noh-Varr (kinda/sorta) and Teddy 'Dorrik VIII' Altman (and Carol and Genis). That's a surprising amount of LGBT.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-11-2018 at 02:14 PM.

It's not the 616 versions of Phyla or Moondragon. They're from another universe and were losing against Requiem so they escaped to fight her on 616 and will apparently stay to join the Guardians.

This Phyla has dark blue-ish starfield skin, similar to how her brother looked when he had Cosmic Awareness.

An earlier issue of Infinity War said that both Phyla and Moondragon were dead on 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I guess they are the same ones from Infinity Wars, which made wonder what happened with 616 Moondragon.
    Maybe it's the alt. universe Phyla, but the regular Moondragon and the drama will come from them both having lost their alt. partner of the same person

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's not the 616 versions of Phyla or Moondragon. They're from another universe and were losing against Requiem so they escaped to fight her on 616 and will apparently stay to join the Guardians.

This Phyla has dark blue-ish starfield skin, similar to how her brother looked when he had Cosmic Awareness.

An earlier issue of Infinity War said that both Phyla and Moondragon were dead on 616.
    Moondragon randomly died off panel somewhere?