View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 898 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 398798848888894895896897898899900901902908948998 ... LastLast
Results 13,456 to 13,470 of 16973
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Wow, really?

Have you seen:

?

I kinda like the X-tremist look, although I didn't know it was Northstar till someone pointed out the emblem.
    That's why I listed it as the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    He IS a mutant among his people.
    HIS people are that of Mojoworld.
    So that panel is correct, but Beetle is ALSO correct that Shatty's teleportation talent wasn't established/revealed until X-Factor 49 (in 2009?), 18 YEARS after Shatterstar first appeared in Marvel comics, in New Mutants 99.
    Shatty's ORIGINAL mutant power was to generate powerful vibratory shock waves he would channel through his weaponry. The teleportation-slicing is likely an extension/progression of this energy-manipulation-through-his-weapons he learned in the Mojoverse, prior to his return to Earth in XF49.

Oh okay now I see what you guys were trying to say.... it seemed like the other poster wasn't considering Shatterstar a Mutant while he was battling in the arena on Mojoworld
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I hope not, for a few reasons. 1. I know the pairing has some fans, but I really don't think they're compatible. I don't think JP would have much patience for Bobby's whole shtick. 2. I feel like they would bring that drama into the 616, and I don't want to see them break up JP's marriage just to give Bobby someone to date, especially not when there are other options. 3. I would like to see two gay men characters in the same book just being friends without making them love interests for each other, it seems rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not digging the ass-cape/poorly executed long coat, no. But I'd counter that the maple-leaf Alpha Flight unitard was worse.
    I seriously thought that that was BoTA Jubilee lol
    EDIT: turns out that was jubilee double LOL
    Buuuuut
    yeah his redesign blows
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat???
    are you thinking about....
    Northstar 1.jpg
    Cause this look is pure Sex
    That's assuming this AU works like Age of Apocalypse and not Age of X. If the X-Men are actually going to remember any of this, I can see the "But is it really cheating if your memories were over-written?" drama being a certain level of interesting, but then it starts the whole "See, he's been carrying a torch for Bobby!" crapola again, not to mention another weird pot of worms around consent issues.
    I feel like they really missed rich storytelling potential in the Frenzy and Ballisk relationship of Age of X and if they do any sorta exploration into alternative relationships would just be a pale imitation of what couldve been

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I really do think that Northstar needs something of an image/character makeover. I'm on the record as not being a Northstar fan, but I want to be. I find him so derivative of Quicksilver - a speedster with a superiority complex and twin sister drama.
    you obviously have not been reading enough Northstar or maybe enough Quicksilver but definitely not enough of both lol

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    :

?

I kinda like the X-tremist look, although I didn't know it was Northstar till someone pointed out the emblem.
    I honestly like that a lot better than the look I'm seeing in this preview
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Really looking forward to North star and Iceman on the same tram. Even if it is AU.
    were they on the same team during the Austen run

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm gonna file that Extremists cover under "Worst Northstar look ever", fam.
    Quoted for Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    2) We've already seen that the writers can give Bobby someone to date in the 616 without it having to be Northstar. And the fact that Northstar had feelings for Bobby is already an established fact in the 616--so having them as a couple in an alternate universe would not necessarily have to mean dragging that back into regular continuity. In fact, it could mean giving the fans of that 'ship a chance to see that pairing without it impacting regular continuity, since it is only alternate versions.
    I I feel like during that time when homosexual or like just getting accepted into pop culture items like comicbooks...video games... Northstar liking "straight" Bobby came from nowhere, cliché, and added to showcase how Bobby will overcome his silly homophobia...so to see them as a couple would be A sorta step in the wrong Direction
    3) Its true, that IS a rare thing--not just for comics, but also for tv shows. Unless you've got a cast that has multiple gay characters, it is pretty much inevitable that the 2nd gay character introduced will be a love interest for the 1st.
    I mean Young X-Men didn't do it with Anole when they had Greymalkin join the book.... And that's the book that brought Ink to the 616
    Last edited by BroHomo; 11-20-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    were they on the same team during the Austen run
    Same setting, but almost never interacting beyond the first couple of issues after JP joined up. They were on the same team during Liu's Astonishing X-Men run, though.

Astonishing Member

Same setting, but almost never interacting beyond the first couple of issues after JP joined up. They were on the same team during Liu's Astonishing X-Men run, though.
    Yep, they've been on the roster together a couple of times, but none since Bobby came out.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo
    I mean Young X-Men didn't do it with Anole when they had Greymalkin join the book.... And that's the book that brought Ink to the 616
    Yes, it is rare but not unprecedented.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat???
    are you thinking about....

Cause this look is pure Sex
    I think he's talking about the red-and-white team uniform that all of Alpha Flight wore for a while there, with the maple leaf symbol on it.

I I feel like during that time when homosexual or like just getting accepted into pop culture items like comicbooks...video games... Northstar liking "straight" Bobby came from nowhere, cliché, and added to showcase how Bobby will overcome his silly homophobia...so to see them as a couple would be A sorta step in the wrong Direction
    Its true that it seemed to come out of nowhere, since the two of them had so little interaction before that--although sometimes people do develop feelings and/or crushes very quickly.

I don't think it was added to deal with Bobby's alleged homophobia though--aside from Nurse Annie assuming Bobby was homophobic in one-panel, that was never really a thing that was discussed. If anything, more time was spent discussing Juggernaut's discomfort about it and even that wasn't really made a big deal.

I think it was there just to finally have Northstar actually express a same-sex attraction on-panel for the first time; to 'show' that he was gay rather just having him say "I'm gay" and punch out the occasional homophobe.

There were also some rumours at the time that Austen had intended to develop something a bit further between Northstar and Iceman, but editorial said no. Whether there was any truth to the rumours, and what Austen would have had in mind, I have no idea.

I think he's talking about the red-and-white team uniform that all of Alpha Flight wore for a while there, with the maple leaf symbol on it.
    Yes, this thing:

Well I for one would be ecstatic if Iceman and Northstar were together in this mini. I've shipped it since Northstar first developed feelings for Bobby in Austen's run, and an AU setting would be the perfect setting to explore it considering it can't happen in 616 continuity. There doesn't have to be fallout from it when they get back to their own universe, I'm sure all the characters will have differences and most will just be treated as a weird deviation. Unless there are plans for Iceman and Northstar to be on a team together after AoXM, I highly doubt a writer would be interested in exploring that drama.

Yeah, they’re sort of the Tom Daley and the Dustin lance black of the marvel u

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    How insulting.
    #EmmaWasRight

I'm intoxicated by Thanks/FriendsGiving but I swear I read this rm twice and still saw....
    Yeah, they’re sort of the Tom DeLong and the Lance Bass of the marvel u
    Then...
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    How insulting.
    And for 20 minutes mining the net on his those two were connected and how they came to be a disparaging gay colloquial

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Well I for one would be ecstatic if Iceman and Northstar were together in this mini. I've shipped it since Northstar first developed feelings for Bobby in Austen's run, and an AU setting would be the perfect setting to explore it considering it can't happen in 616 continuity. There doesn't have to be fallout from it when they get back to their own universe, I'm sure all the characters will have differences and most will just be treated as a weird deviation. Unless there are plans for Iceman and Northstar to be on a team together after AoXM, I highly doubt a writer would be interested in exploring that drama.
    I thought Northstar was married, or is that not the case anymore?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If we're doing real life comparisons, I vote for Billy and Teddy to be the Neil Patrick Harris/David Burtka of the Marvel Universe, 'cause that's as relationship goals as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I thought Northstar was married, or is that not the case anymore?
    It's still the case, but Marvel cares so little about his marriage that people can't help but ship him with a character who gets more pagetime. I'm not necessarily against it, but I also think that if ever done, it should happen in the most tasteful way possible in regards to JP's relationship with Kyle. Their wedding was kind of a big deal in Marvel History, so seeing it end unceremoniously just so Bobby could have a hook up would leave a bad taste in my mouth. If they want to have Northstar move on to someone else, then I would like to read a story about his marriage and why it isn't working anymore first.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-24-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Their wedding was kind of a big deal in Marvel History, so seeing it end unceremoniously just so Bobby could have a hook up would leave a bad taste in my mouth. If they want to have Northstar move on to someone else, then I would like to read a story about his marriage and why it isn't working anymore first.

Yeah, the 'hook up' scenario would be really tacky, and end up having Northstar branded a cheater, and Bobby a home-wrecker.

Incredible Member

Still, heaven forbid they make it possible to establish a polyamorous relationship as a good thing in fiction.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

WEST COAST AVENGERS #4: America Chavez gets a possible new love interest here, who will be a familiar face to readers of Kelly Thompson's HAWKEYE series.

UNCANNY X-MEN #2: multiple LGBT X-Men appearing in this book at the moment

MR & MRS X: Nothing officially LGBT here, although several past Gambit writers have acknowledged that they considered him bisexual when they wrote him.

Is that everything? Light week this week.

The Week In Gay:

UNCANNY X-MEN #2: multiple LGBT X-Men appearing in this book at the moment
    When are Pixie and Armor gonna get confirmed as being nonstraight? It's all but confirmed at this point.