View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 899 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 399799849889895896897898899900901902903909949999 ... LastLast
Results 13,471 to 13,485 of 16972
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Yeah, the 'hook up' scenario would be really tacky, and end up having Northstar branded a cheater, and Bobby a home-wrecker.
    I wasn't even thinking about cheating necessarily (which yes, would be just awful), but a scenario in which Jean-Paul just randomly shows up in a book one day and mentions he got a divorce off-page, and that's all the set up the writer uses to pair him up with Bobby. I feel like that would be a cheap way to get those characters together.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Still, heaven forbid they make it possible to establish a polyamorous relationship as a good thing in fiction.
    I wouldn't be against that either, but that would still require a story focused on their marriage and how it got to that particular point, as it's not the kind of thing it's been suggested before.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's still the case, but Marvel cares so little about his marriage that people can't help but ship him with a character who gets more pagetime.
    I don't entirely agree with that, in part because of the trends I've observed regarding the IceStar fandom dynamics. With the caveat that fandom is not a hive mind (no matter what the click-bait likes to imply), most of what I've seen and the discussions I've had lean toward that 'ship being heavily Bobby-centric. By which I mean, most of the discussions/meta are about Bobby's journey, the fanfic and fancomics tend to be from Bobby's POV or written with Bobby's characterization in mind, and the wider discussion is about the representational value of a same-sex power-couple in the X-Men. Northstar's usually taken into account less as a character in his own right than a means to an end. So while I do think it'd be nice for the actual canonical M/M pairing to get more page time and more exposure in general, I don't think more development on that front would do a lot change the 'shipping patterns because it's not so much about what's going on with Northstar.

The other part would be that 'shipping in general just tends to not work that way - writers don't get to serve up canon and have readers automatically buy into it. If someone finds an element in a pairing that appeals to them, there's very little that canon can do to blunt that appeal short of outright character assassination... and typically, not even then. Taking that back to Iceman and 'shipping, Daken had multiple scenes of UST with Bobby, Bobby and Judah - at the least! - shared several romantic kisses, and Bobby and NuPyro had sex. But none of that canon is going to cause someone to move on from a 'ship they like unless there's something in the dynamic that hooks them (though in the case of NuPyro, passing on canon might just be a matter of good taste).

Still, heaven forbid they make it possible to establish a polyamorous relationship as a good thing in fiction.
    Yeah, if the writers wouldn't go there with RicStar, where there was really a perfect dynamic to explore a poly or open relationship, I don't think they're going to go there with the guy who just made headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

WEST COAST AVENGERS #4: America Chavez gets a possible new love interest here, who will be a familiar face to readers of Kelly Thompson's HAWKEYE series.
    That one's still in my to-read pile. Name drop?
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-26-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Iceman and Northstar feels very... "Let's just pair up the most know gay X-Men together lol". Like, I know that there are some more legit reasons to ship it, but I can't help but have that feeling.

I wonder how long into 2019 that Young Avengers rumor from this year's comiccon will be addressed in an official capacity.

I would have LOVED to see Billy and Teddy involved in the War of Realms event under Dauterman, but alas..... that seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I wonder how long into 2019 that Young Avengers rumor from this year's comiccon will be addressed in an official capacity.

I would have LOVED to see Billy and Teddy involved in the War of Realms event under Dauterman, but alas..... that seems unlikely.
    If it's an animated series, I'm gonna die in a good way. But I doubt we'd get a teaser for that. I'd settle for some substantial cameos.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I should catch up on WCA (2018) before Noh-Varr comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That one's still in my to-read pile. Name drop?
    It's Kate's friend, Ramone. She's also Fuse's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's Kate's friend, Ramone. She's also Fuse's sister.
    Thanks! I really do need to catch up. One downside about digital, it's so easy to amass a huge backlog and not realize it.

Those news about the Young Avengers coming back are pretty much the reason why I'm looking forward to 2019 at all, so it better turn out to be more than just a rumor.

And yeah, Dauterman would slay with Billy and Teddy on a big event... or in any book, really. I would kill for him to be the artist of the supposed YA relaunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    How insulting.
    Especially since Tom was screwing around on Lance and then they got married not exactly an "ideal couple"

maybe more like Jeff Lewis & Gage Edward lol

I am loving that Jean has Iceman & Northstar on her team in Uncanny. AND telling Bobby she loves him the most.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wouldn't be against that either, but that would still require a story focused on their marriage and how it got to that particular point, as it's not the kind of thing it's been suggested before.

I wouldn't be against a polyamorous relationship, but I must admit, I don't know the specifics of this. I've seen some TV shows on polyamorous relationships, but in each one, no two people were married. The rationale was that if two were married, it meant that two of the participants had a "stronger" bond than with the 3rd or 4th party. Can a polyamorous relationship contain a married couple?

One of the stereotypes that exist for gay people is that they are not monogamous, so if they were to go with that idea for Bobby, I would prefer that they left Jean-Paul & Kyle alone, and perhaps introduced another pair of guys to form the relationship with Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Iceman and Northstar feels very... "Let's just pair up the most know gay X-Men together lol". Like, I know that there are some more legit reasons to ship it, but I can't help but have that feeling.
    I think its smart. I like them together. They have a history. Their powers compliment each other but not in the obvious way that say Pyro does. It gives Northstar a bump and more exposure. I would love for them to have a Rogue and Gambit type relationship for awhile.

They could really dig deep into gay culture have have open relationships or poly or what not if they want to keep Kyle around. Kyle doesn't seem to have a personality to me and their marriage had nothing to do with development and everything to do with Marvel hoping on the press wagon for a hot topic at the time.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I wouldn't be against a polyamorous relationship, but I must admit, I don't know the specifics of this. I've seen some TV shows on polyamorous relationships, but in each one, no two people were married. The rationale was that if two were married, it meant that two of the participants had a "stronger" bond than with the 3rd or 4th party. Can a polyamorous relationship contain a married couple?
    I'm not an expert, but I have heard of married couples with an open relationship, so it's not impossible. I guess the rules may vary for each couple.

Okay I'm a terrible person because I DO (and have wanted since that wretched Austen run) enjoy the idea of Jean Paul and Bobby being lovers. But like, a lovers that people DO. NOT. GET.

Even Jean Paul and Bobby themselves.

Like how sometimes the high society used to luxury and finer things person winds up falling for the "other side of the tracks" person. That's how JP would view Bobbers. Drake is like, goofy white trash to JP. But too cute to pass up. Ha ha.
    Much like the earlier days of Rogue and Gambit their courtship could be flirty and biting yet frustrating with insults and jabs at each other but still ripe with sexual tension and neither side would fully understand the appeal of the other but it would be so fun to read.

Fancy Shmancy Snooty Speedster (with respect, I love that guy) "slumming it" with whole-sale Frosty the SnowMan (again, I love him, no disrespect) and they don't even fully LIKE each other that much but the sex is tremendous and eventually they grow increasingly fond of / protective of and it eventually blossoms more and more.

I'd love it.

I'm so so sorry, Kyle.
    Missed opportunity.

their courtship could be flirty and biting yet frustrating with insults and jabs at each other but still ripe with sexual tension and neither side would fully understand the appeal of the other but it would be so fun to read.

and they don't even fully LIKE each other that much but the sex is tremendous and eventually they grow increasingly fond of / protective of and it eventually blossoms more and more.
    You just described my perfect dynamic for Bobby/Daken lol. And I'd say there were hints of it already on Daken's appearances on Iceman, except he was way too villanous for something like that to go further and be exactly like this lol.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 11-27-2018 at 01:33 PM.