View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 902 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4028028528928988999009019029039049059069129521002 ... LastLast
Results 13,516 to 13,530 of 16973
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, something I noticed in the promotional image for Meet The Skrulls: one of the daughters looks male when she turns into a Skrull. This could be just cis old me imposing gender stereotypes on the character by associating short hair with being male, but hey, in case it's not, could it be that Robbie Thompson is planning on doing some gender conflict storyline in this, by having a male Skrull who feels more comfortable posing as female when in disguise? I always wanted to read more about how different Skrulls perceive the concept of gender, and since Marvel has kept denying us the right to see Xavin for almost a fucking decade (assuming they won't be showing up in the current Runaways book), it'd be nice to see someone else filling that genderqueer role.

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-08-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, something I noticed in the promotional image for Meet The Skrulls: one of the daughters looks male when she turns into a Skrull. This could be just cis old me imposing gender stereotypes on the character by associating short hair with being male, but hey, in case it's not, could it be that Robbie Thompson is planning on doing some gender conflict storyline in this, by having a male Skrull who feels more comfortable posing as female when in disguise? I always wanted to read more about how different Skrulls perceive the concept of gender, and since Marvel has kept denying us the right to see Xavin for almost a fucking decade (assuming they won't be showing up in the current Runaways book), it'd be nice to see someone else filling that genderqueer role.
    Yeah, noticed that too. I'm not getting my hopes up though. We'll see when the book comes out.
    #EmmaWasRight

I feel like maybe it's just a boy with slightly longer hair? Or did they say it was two daughters in the solicit?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Didn't they do that already with Xavin from The Runaways?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like maybe it's just a boy with slightly longer hair? Or did they say it was two daughters in the solicit?
    The solicit says their names are Jennifer and Alice, so I'm assuming it's two girls.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Didn't they do that already with Xavin from The Runaways?
    Well, yeah, but like I said, Xavin has been MIA for almost ten years now, so it's not like this specific storyline has been explored recently. Plus, there is nothing wrong in doing a gender conflict story with more than one character, because there are different ways to explore this narrative. Xavin was more on the non-binary spectrum than transgender, so that was one perspective. If this character feels more comfortable with ONE single gender, then that would already make it a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

UNSTOPPABLE WASP #2: Nice stuff with Ying bonding with Mockingbird - it looks like those two are forming a bond similar to the one Nadia has with Janet. Also Poundcakes and Letha of the Grapplers appear as well - nothing has ever been confirmed about either of them, but both have been the subject of speculation around this sexuality.
    About Unstoppable Wasp, I don’t know if it was discussed here or on the Champions or Nadia thread, but we were talking about how Nadia may not be straight. Two pages actually suggest that.
    7AC0227D-EA0E-4FDD-B533-5083A4128999.jpg
    From Unstoppable Wasp #2 Vol. 1

CCA9F92D-E1DE-419A-8535-6C14CD78B6EE.jpg
    From Unstoppable Wasp #2 Vol. 2

On the latest issue what made me think about it was the weird face that Nadia makes after the chef talks about how she should meet his son.

Anyway, any thoughts about Nadia’s situation?

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

There were a fair number of LGBT related books this week.

SHATTERSTAR #3

WEST COAST AVENGERS #5 - in addition to our usual lesbian cast members, we also have an appearance by Satana.

UNCANNY X-MEN #4

MERRY X-MEN HOLIDAY SPECIAL - several LGBT X-Men appear in this.

INFINITY WARPS #2 - Sina Grace writes the story about Diamond Patch, the character who is Logan merged with Emma Frost. Also Julie Power appears in the "Punisher Pack" story.

DEADPOOL #7 and SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #43.

And for the wait-for-trade crowd, the TPBs are out for all four of the "Hunt For Wolverine" miniseries and CLAWS OF THE KILLER had Daken while MYSTERY IN MADRIPOOR had Psylocke.

Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    About Unstoppable Wasp, I don’t know if it was discussed here or on the Champions or Nadia thread, but we were talking about how Nadia may not be straight. Two pages actually suggest that.
    7AC0227D-EA0E-4FDD-B533-5083A4128999.jpg
    From Unstoppable Wasp #2 Vol. 1

CCA9F92D-E1DE-419A-8535-6C14CD78B6EE.jpg
    From Unstoppable Wasp #2 Vol. 2

On the latest issue what made me think about it was the weird face that Nadia makes after the chef talks about how she should meet his son.

Anyway, any thoughts about Nadia’s situation?
    Can't really read those. Could you try posting it somewhere and putting the link between [IMG] [/IMG]?

Can't really read those. Could you try posting it somewhere and putting the link between [IMG] [/IMG]?
    Sorry about that! I’m currently on my phone with no access to a computer (you see, I’m travelling after Comic Con), but as soon as I get home I’ll do this.

What did you guys think of today's issue of champions regarding riri and Viv?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    What did you guys think of today's issue of champions regarding riri and Viv?
    I don't read Champions but I saw the scans... I'm glad Viv's sexuality is finally being explored and... I hope Riri/Vivheart follows Nico/Deanoru's path, just a lot faster lol.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 12-12-2018 at 03:10 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So Riri's either gonna turn down Jaden Smith in her book or turn down Viv in Champions.
    At least one ship has a head-start.

No one can take this away from me.

I don't read Champions but I saw the scans... I'm glad Viv's sexuality is finally being explored and... I hope Riri/Vivheart follows Nico/Deanoru's path, just a lot faster lol.
    oh damn i just said the same thing in the Champions thread

I haven't read it yet, but I always felt there was a big lesbian vibe coming from Riri. I hope it gets confirmed. And pairing her with Viv would be great.
    The introduction out of nowhere of that one guy as a seeming love interest by Bendis at the end of his Riri run really annoyed me. And the new Ironheart series picking up on that when they easily could've left him out bothered me even more.
    #EmmaWasRight

Well, took them long enough to follow up on Viv's sexuality. Better late than never. And yep, I also got some vibes from Riri back on her Bendis book. It honestly felt, to me, like she might have had feelings for that female friend who got killed. I'm not sure what to feel about them possibly being a couple just yet, but I'm glad it's a story that's been brought up at all.

And I believe that writers of solo books tend to get the final say over what happens to a character, so I think people might need to be prepared for Riri getting the guy instead. Unless Eve Ewing is specifically planning to not make them a couple. Or, you know, we could get the polyamorous relationship some people have been clamoring for.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-14-2018 at 06:12 PM.