View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 903 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4038038538938999009019029039049059069079139531003 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,545 of 16972

I've read today on Jim Zub's tumblr that apparently it has been suggested that Miles is bisexual in a few of Saladin Ahmed's tweets. Can someone link me to those or to any panel evidence? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I've read today on Jim Zub's tumblr that apparently it has been suggested that Miles is bisexual in a few of Saladin Ahmed's tweets. Can someone link me to those or to any panel evidence? Thanks.
    Afaik he just retweeted someone saying "Finger guns? Bisexual confirmed" on a panel of Miles doing finger guns lol. Maybe there's more but that's what I saw. I wouldn't take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

No one can take this away from me.
    this was all

Oh lol. Yeah, that's nothing.

Thanks.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Asgardians Of The Galaxy #4: Multiple LGBT characters in the cast, and Anabelle Riggs gets a power upgrade.

Champions #27: Viv developments

Uncanny X-Men #5: multiple LGBT cast members

Squirrel Girl #39: Koi Boi gets a bit more panel time than usual here

Unstoppable Wasp #3: More of Ying and Lashayla. Plus the jury is still out on Nadia's sexuality. Also, fans of AVENGERS ACADEMY will see a familiar face here (no, not Striker).

Mr & Mrs X: Iceman guest stars.

Weapon X #27: Mystique and Deadpool are both in the book

Fantastic Four Wedding Special: nothing technically gay in here, but we are introduced to a superhero-themed male strip club called "World War Hunk", so that's something.

Anything else?

The Psylocke fans over in the X-Boards are arguing her sexuality in her appreciation thread. This is what I said, and I hope it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    You know how I see it? The same way I see reality -- all individuals' sexualities are unknown or assumed based on experiences. Unless a character canonically says in a published comic what their sexuality is (i.e. "I am a homosexual woman"), then I assume their sexuality is fluid. For example, the Human Torch may have dated women his entire existence, but if he never said, "I am straight and only attracted to women," then I would not mind whatsoever if he is suddenly sexually attracted to a man.

But even then, just like real people -- people lie or they haven't accepted their own sexuality yet. Things CAN change. Betsy may have believed herself to be straight and attracted to only men, but the fact that she slept with a woman means that she can be anything but heterosexual.

People need to STOP assuming everyone is straight because society can not and should not see that as the norm. There shouldn't even be a norm. If I have to tell people I'm gay, then the straight man should also have to tell people that he's straight.

So, unless Betsy ever stated on page that she's heterosexual, then she is whatever sexuality we can assume based off of evidence. And she had sex with a woman, no matter the circumstances, so at this point, I have every right to assume that she is bisexual. It does not matter if fans don't like the writer, their stories, or how they told their stories-- it was published, thus it is canon.

I won't let bitter fans try to erase the LGBT community from literature. Again, no matter how terribly written stories may be (Bendis' handling of teen Iceman), it's still canon. People cannot say, "Marvel made Iceman gay," because Iceman's sexuality has never been stated as heterosexual. You can say, "Marvel revealed Iceman as gay, " but saying Marvel made him gay? That's a joke. I'm gonna go around and start saying **** like, "Marvel made Kamala Khan straight. That's blasphemous," the moment she gets into a relationship with a male character.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, the salt in that Betsy thread.

Also Sam Humphries is a hack writer because he paired your waifu up with someone you didn't approve of?

Geez.

They have already played some clues about Viv in some previous issues but I wonder if it is something definitive or if it is something that can still undergo changes? Because the character technically is young with only a few years of life and is still trying to understand her place in the world.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    They have already played some clues about Viv in some previous issues but I wonder if it is something definitive or if it is something that can still undergo changes? Because the character technically is young with only a few years of life and is still trying to understand her place in the world.
    If by ''undergo changes'' you mean revealing that she is actually not queer in any way, then well, technically, they COULD do that. Doesn't mean they would or, in this day and age, should. Even though there are real life people who may go through that kind of experience, in an entertainment medium where there is this growing desire for more LGBTQ inclusion, it'd come off as really distasteful to tease a character being non-straight/cis and then go ''nah, just kidding, they're just cis-straight like 90% of the other characters''. So yeah, I hope that's not the path they're following with Viv (or Riri for that matter, since she was thrown into this situation as well).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, the salt in that Betsy thread.

Also Sam Humphries is a hack writer because he paired your waifu up with someone you didn't approve of?

Geez.
    Nah, because he did it simply to make the team more diverse and just picked a character to change for the sake of it not because it was already there in the character's history, that he would have done it to anybody, he didn't care about the characters involved...pretty much a publicity stunt kind of thing...

Now if it had been someone like Storm then I doubt there'd have been much of an argument if there'd been one at all...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 12-17-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    The Psylocke fans over in the X-Boards are arguing her sexuality in her appreciation thread. This is what I said, and I hope it makes sense.
    In the absence of a declaration that any attraction to women was, in fact, a unique attraction to Cluster, I feel like the simplest explanation is that Psylocke is (at least) bi but has a preference for guys. I don't agree with the notion that engaging in non-het sex automatically defines one's sexual identity, though, especially given the messy emotional clusterfuck (pun most certainly intended) that was that particular interlude. For example, people can give in to curiosity a couple of times and decide that, no, they're actually straight. The problem is that no writer up to this point has really bothered to explore how Psylocke feels about her sexual identity in the aftermath, so how she identifies is still very much up for interpretation.

Considering what Leah Williams has had to say on the topic, though, that may not be the case for long.

ANONYMOUS ASKED : Who are the 3 canonically queer X-Tremists?

Northstar, Iceman, and Psylocke.
    ANONYMOUS ASKED : Everyone forgets that psylocke is queer, i’m really glad you remembered!! WLW are so important

agreed!! v much agreed.
    ANONYMOUS ASKED : wait is psylock queer or the person who originally owned the boy shes using? i dont remember and i cant find it

Psylocke/white Betsy Braddock is canonically bi/pan.
    ANONYMOUS ASKED : Will Northstar, Iceman and Psylocke be queer bff’s in Xtremists?

the short answer is yes. the long answer is “yes, but [[specifics regarding this that i cannot say due to spoilers]]”

i would never protectively hoard queer characters into a miniseries just to then ignore their queerness.
    ANONYMOUS ASKED : Oh I forgot about Psylocke (will she have a gf in the series?) [Will it be Kwannon?]

i cAnT sPoIL ThInGs!!! you guys omg!! I couldn’t get Kwannon in the book, I asked and she was busy. I thought them interacting would be interesting, too so hopefully someone gets to tell that story with them someday!

but wait, are there ppl who ship bets/kwannon? like is that? isn’t it technically? you know
    And yeah, the same people who are dead set against acknowledging even the possibility of Psylocke being into women will just huff about it being an AU and how that means it doesn't count (unless, like we discussed previously, AoXM has deeper character repercussions that just another glorified "What If?") and are already dismissing Williams' take over in the character thread. But it gets harder to ignore once multiple writers have given a take on it.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-18-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Sam being bi would be more interesting. He needs a new hook. Miles is fine without.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nah, because he did it simply to make the team more diverse and just picked a character to change for the sake of it not because it was already there in the character's history, that he would have done it to anybody, he didn't care about the characters involved...pretty much a publicity stunt kind of thing....
    Uhhh were any characters hurt? After the body swap and kimino wearing, tea serving, Ninja business Betsy being ppn to get sexual experience ain't do strange lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    In ANONYMOUS ASKED : Will Northstar, Iceman and Psylocke be queer bff’s in Xtremists?

the short answer is yes. the long answer is “yes, but [[specifics regarding this that i cannot say due to spoilers]]”

i would never protectively hoard queer characters into a miniseries just to then ignore their queerness
    I mean does that even happen??

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Is anyone planning to watch Once Upon A Deadpool, the PG-13 version of Deadpool 2? I'm really curious to know if they're gonna keep the scenes that acknowledge Yukio and NTW as a couple, specially because I feel like this re-release of Deadpool might have something to do with Disney acquiring FOX and both companies testing the waters for a possible MCU crossover in the future. If a gay couple makes the cut, then this could encourage Disney to make some progress on their PG-13 Marvel movies as well.

I'm not that confident that Psylocke's sexuality is gonna be explored on the X-Tremists. I talked to Leah once on twitter and her answers didn't seem very reassuring.