View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 911 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4118118619019079089099109119129139149159219611011 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,665 of 16973

I've seen Shade in parts of my social media that typically don't focus on comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I've seen Shade in parts of my social media that typically don't focus on comics.
    She's the breakout star of this Iceman mini.

Arguably of 2018

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Light week this week in terms of overall number of books, but some of those few contain multiple LGBT characters so that helps balance it a bit...

Asgardians Of The Galaxy #5: Angela, Loki, Dr. Riggs and Valkyrie....plus the end of the issue sets up the potential long-awaited return of Sera!

Uncanny X-Men #10: Iceman, Northstar, Psylocke, etc.

Spider-Man/Deadpool #44: nothing specific in this issue I am aware of--just noted for Deadpool's pansexuality

For the wait-for-trade readers, the next Champions arc "Weird War One" was also released in TPB this week.

Anything I missed?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Today is Guardians of the Galaxy featuring Phyla-Vell and Moondragon.

Infinity Wars says 616's Phyla and Moondragon are dead but all I know is Phyla died in DnA's GotG. I guess Heather died in Thanos Imperative or something. I dunno.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Today is Guardians of the Galaxy featuring Phyla-Vell and Moondragon.

Infinity Wars says 616's Phyla and Moondragon are dead but all I know is Phyla died in DnA's GotG. I guess Heather died in Thanos Imperative or something. I dunno.
    Moondragon never died, the writer simply forgot she was alive.

Dunno why we need alternate reality characters. Why not bring the originals back?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Dunno why we need alternate reality characters. Why not bring the originals back?
    Could be a laziness thing. A "I don't want to do actual work and research continuity! So I'll just make my own versions so I can have them pop out of nowhere and have any random changes I make be explained away easily by 'they come from an AU!"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was hoping that we would get the OG Moon-Vell pair somehow by the time the series started, but yeah, I guess we're stuck with these alternative versions, which just sucks, because as long as they're around, Marvel has no reason to bring back the 616 versions, which is what they absolutely should have done in the first place. Sigh...

The fact that this is AU Phyla means we probably won't get her finding out about or meeting a certain shapeshifting younger brother either. Not that I want him anywhere near this particular book or writer.

Is Phyla the blue skinned platinum haired gal in the New Guardians? Apologies for my ignorance, y 'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is Phyla the blue skinned platinum haired gal in the New Guardians? Apologies for my ignorance, y 'all.
    Yes. 10 char©

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    The fact that this is AU Phyla means we probably won't get her finding out about or meeting a certain shapeshifting younger brother either. Not that I want him anywhere near this particular book or writer.
    Well, being from an AU didn't stop Moondragon from acting like 616 Drax was her father (which just goes to show how redundant those versions are; they are pretty much being written like their 616 counterparts), so I guess they could do the same between Phyla and Teddy, but I wouldn't want that, not after we already had a ''Teddy meeting someone from his family, only it wasn't really them'' kind of situation before. He deserves the real deal, goddamn it!

BANNED

Main continuity characters being beholden to alternate reality versions of their family members always struck me as a weird thing.

Like...yeah, you’re my kid from the future/alternate Earth that I haven’t even conceived yet in my timeline...I don’t really owe you anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, being from an AU didn't stop Moondragon from acting like 616 Drax was her father (which just goes to show how redundant those versions are; they are pretty much being written like their 616 counterparts), so I guess they could do the same between Phyla and Teddy, but I wouldn't want that, not after we already had a ''Teddy meeting someone from his family, only it wasn't really them'' kind of situation before. He deserves the real deal, goddamn it!
    I suspect that these alternate versions are being written so close to the 616 versions because it was decided to bring back Moondragon and Phyla, but given how many times those two have been killed and brought back already someone decided that it would be "better" to just replace them with counterparts rather than yet another resurrection.

I'm not fond of it myself, but I am pleased that we have them back in some form. I'd just prefer to have them properly back (not to mention I'd prefer that Moondragon didn't die again off-panel because someone forgot that she was actually alive).

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay

The big one for this week is Guardians Of The Galaxy #1. The new Moondragon and Phyla are now confirmed as members of the new roster. Starfox also has a significant role, and he's been at least implied to be bi/pansexual. Also worth noting that the Wendell Vaughn Quasar was seen in the background in a few panels...so apparently he has reclaimed the name and quantum bands after the death of Avril Kincaid in "Secret Empire".

Superior Spider-Man #2: Skein has at least a cameo appearance here. We also see a civilian gay couple among the people caught in the crossfire of Otto's fight with Terrax.

I think that's it for the single issues. But there were a few TPBs with LGBT characters this week for the wait-for-trade readers...
    Extermination: The final arc for teen Iceman

New Mutants: Abnett & Lanning Complete Collection: Karma is among the characters included.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl HC vol.4: Koi Boi and Nancy among the regular supporting cast, and guest appearances cameos from Loki, Flatman, D-Man, Valkyrie, etc.

Speaking of the Vell family, Genis-Vell is theorized to be in the Captain Marvel movie due to a toy description. He was once hinted at possibly being queer during Peter David's Captain Marvel run, but that was never really explored further, and while I doubt we'd have any mention of that in this movie, Genis existing in the MCU could bring us one step closer to Phyla and Teddy making their debut as well. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Also worth noting that the Wendell Vaughn Quasar was seen in the background in a few panels...so apparently he has reclaimed the name and quantum bands after the death of Avril Kincaid in "Secret Empire".
    Marvel just doesn't have any clue what to do with the Quasar mantle, it seems. Anyway, I just feel bad for Avril. In the era of legacy characters, she didn't even get a real shot at being one. Hopefully she can come back to comics one day and have a relevant role again.