View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 912 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029089099109119129139149159169229621012 ... LastLast
Results 13,666 to 13,680 of 16973
    BANNED

Avril’s death was so stupid. I wanted her to be a successfully incorporated character.

Avril wasn't killed off, she was put in the back pocket for later for another writer. Back when Spencer had a Twitter and he was asked about her, he specifically pointed out that her last line was "See you soon." Ideally, the new Cates era would've been the time to do it, but I guess we've gotta wait until Nick decides to go to space or back to the Avengers. Damn you, Spider-Office. Keeping the most dependable continuity writer in your spider hole.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Damn you, Spider-Office. Keeping the most dependable continuity writer in your spider hole.
    That's not Al Ewing

Astonishing Member

Avril wasn't killed off, she was put in the back pocket for later for another writer. Back when Spencer had a Twitter and he was asked about her, he specifically pointed out that her last line was "See you soon."
    That may have been Spencer's intent...but the CAPTAIN MARVEL tie-in arc to "Secret Empire" explicitly said she was dead. So, until/unless another writer brings Avril back to contradict it, unfortunately Avril's in-story status is killed off. And since Wendell is apparently now Quasar again, that undermines the chances of someone bringing Avril back.

But thank you for passing along that quote of Spencer's. I always thought it was very weird that the CM book said that Avril had been killed when the main SECRET EMPIRE book did not establish or acknowledge that at all.

I liked Avril--but I have to admit given the choice between her or Wendell, I'm picking Wendell. But I wouldn't mind seeing Avril brought back in some other capacity other than as "Quasar".

Yes, well, Avril wouldn't be the only major character from Spencer Cap stuff to be ignored by the next wave of writers : )))

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's not Al Ewing
    Ewing, Spencer, and Slott are the Raoh, Kenshiro, and Toki of Hokuto Shin Continuity martial arts. Their technique is invincible.

Astonishing Member

Ewing, Spencer, and Slott are the Raoh, Kenshiro, and Toki of Hokuto Shin Continuity martial arts. Their technique is invincible.
    I'd put Christos Gage in that category as well--he displayed an excellent mastery of continuity in his AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE and AVENGERS ACADEMY runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'd put Christos Gage in that category as well--he displayed an excellent mastery of continuity in his AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE and AVENGERS ACADEMY runs.
    Gage is the mysterious masked general of the six Nanto Sei Continuity masters. Aaron is Souther, Duggan is Rei, Waid is Shu, Zub is Shin, Cates is Yuda.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Gage is the mysterious masked general of the six Nanto Sei Continuity masters. Aaron is Souther, Duggan is Rei, Waid is Shu, Zub is Shin, Cates is Yuda.
    Aaron is quite good with his own continuity....I disagree he's great at everyone else's.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yes, well, Avril wouldn't be the only major character from Spencer Cap stuff to be ignored by the next wave of writers : )))

Avril and Raz deserved better, they were definitely being set up to be bigger heroes. But I can’t see Ewing or Spencer not using Raz in some capacity later down the line.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Avril and Raz deserved better, they were definitely being set up to be bigger heroes. But I can’t see Ewing or Spencer not using Raz in some capacity later down the line.
    Oh, yeah, Raz... I had completely forgotten about him. I wonder if he might be doomed the minute Hank Pym officially comes back as a hero, though, since Giant-Man seems to be the less complicated name for him to use again (Ant-Man has to be Scott because of the movies, Wasp is already taken by two people and Yellowjacket is tarnished for several reasons). I would prefer if Hank came back and just decided to not use any codename at all, while they simultaneously push Raz, maybe even as a sort of protege of Pym. But judging by the way they got rid of Avril, I'm not very hopeful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, yeah, Raz... I had completely forgotten about him. I wonder if he might be doomed the minute Hank Pym officially comes back as a hero, though, since Giant-Man seems to be the less complicated name for him to use again (Ant-Man has to be Scott because of the movies, Wasp is already taken by two people and Yellowjacket is tarnished for several reasons). I would prefer if Hank came back and just decided to not use any codename at all, while they simultaneously push Raz, maybe even as a sort of protege of Pym. But judging by the way they got rid of Avril, I'm not very hopeful.
    I'd be happy to see Hank back as just "Dr. Pym"--he was great in that role for the majority of the original West Coast Avengers run. But if he does need to reclaim one of his old code names when he comes back, he could always use "Goliath". Its not really in much use at the moment.

I don't think Pym's return would need to doom Raz. There have been plenty of other Pym inheritors over the years, and none of them were ever eliminated to make way for Hank to take back their name. With the exception of Rita Demara and Bill Foster, all of them are actually still alive and active.

I'm hoping Spencer will revisit Raz in his AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run at some point, but I also wouldn't be to surprised if Whitley has him turn up in UNSTOPPABLE WASP at some point. Not only is he another Pym inheritor, whom Nadia might want to meet, but Whitley also wrote a Raz solo story back in one of the "Secret Empire" tie-in books.

I think it was Brevoort (or Waid - in a CBR interview perhaps?) who said that Hank was done for good as a hero as of Rage of Ultron because people have fixated on that infamous panel (that, yes, was basically drawn in error from what the script called for) of him hitting Janet so they can't really shake it.

(Luckily, Spidey's similar moment during the Clone Saga is much less remembered...)

Point is, Raz is likely "safe" and it would be cool if he showed up in UW. I think that Nadia et al would be such a handful for him to try and interact with!

Jetemy Whitley kind of implied Raz was going to get a solo book before the editor attached to it left the Marvel. Still, evne the idea says a lot about where Marvel stands on Hank's return

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'd be happy to see Hank back as just "Dr. Pym"--he was great in that role for the majority of the original West Coast Avengers run.
    Yeah, I'd be okay with that. I think Hank has solidified himself as a character enough that he doesn't really need a codename to be recognizable.

But if he does need to reclaim one of his old code names when he comes back, he could always use "Goliath". Its not really in much use at the moment.
    Right, I forgot about Goliath. Although with movie synergy, I wouldn't be surprised if they preferred to bring Bill Foster back to the comics or use Tom Foster in the role again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I think it was Brevoort (or Waid - in a CBR interview perhaps?) who said that Hank was done for good as a hero as of Rage of Ultron because people have fixated on that infamous panel (that, yes, was basically drawn in error from what the script called for) of him hitting Janet so they can't really shake it.

(Luckily, Spidey's similar moment during the Clone Saga is much less remembered...)

Point is, Raz is likely "safe" and it would be cool if he showed up in UW. I think that Nadia et al would be such a handful for him to try and interact with!
    Not sure if I believe that Hank is done for good. That sounds like an exaggeration. I mean, it doesn't even make sense considering he HAS been portrayed as a hero multiple times ever since the slap. I think his importance as a character will always guarantee him a place among the heroes, for better or worse.

I want some heroic Pymtron first, damn it.