View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 915 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4158158659059119129139149159169179189199259651015 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,725 of 16972

Astonishing Member

Thanks for sharing! I liked the background info on Shade's creation--and we learn her civilian name for the first time in that interview as well!

I'm not sure what I think of that new codename though. There's something nice about the simplicity of "Shade" (as well as the 'throwing shade' pun that inspired it in the first place), although I realize it is also a name that has been used by other characters.

But "Darkveil"? At first glance it makes me think its some distorted typo version of Daredevil. Maybe it'll grow on me once I see it actually used in-story.

Aw, I liked shade

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I liked the background info on Shade's creation--and we learn her civilian name for the first time in that interview as well!

I'm not sure what I think of that new codename though. There's something nice about the simplicity of "Shade" (as well as the 'throwing shade' pun that inspired it in the first place), although I realize it is also a name that has been used by other characters.

But "Darkveil"? At first glance it makes me think its some distorted typo version of Daredevil. Maybe it'll grow on me once I see it actually used in-story.
    The biggest problem with the name Shade is that it's a reference that would instantly date the character. I'm not sure if "Shade" will be around in 20 years, but I don't think people will be saying "throw shade".

That said, it's a cool name and they could always just update/expand her* powers?

(*Is Shade a male identifying drag queen or Trans? I don't want to misgender, and I don't read X-Men so I just know about the character from articles.)
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This week was Age of Extremists with Iceman and Northstar, X-Force with Shatterstar and West Coast Avengers with Miss America.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Aw, I liked shade
    And Marvel doesn't like getting sued.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 03-01-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The biggest problem with the name Shade is that it's a reference that would instantly date the character. I'm not sure if "Shade" will be around in 20 years, but I don't think people will be saying "throw shade".

That said, it's a cool name and they could always just update/expand her* powers?

(*Is Shade a male identifying drag queen or Trans? I don't want to misgender, and I don't read X-Men so I just know about the character from articles.)
    I don't think we've ever seen her out of drag. But her real name per the interview is "Darnell Wade", so I'm assuming she's a man, like most drag queens.

About the Shade name, well, even without the ~throwing shade~ thing, her powers are related to shadows, so it would still make sense.

I really liked the name Shade, but I guess there's a certain Changing Woman over at the distinguished competition that uses that same name

Not crazy about Darkveil myself, especially since the X-Books are getting another new character, Unveil around the same time. Too many Veils

I'm now trying to think of X-Men themed drag names.

Askani Summers
    Monet X-Ternal
    Violet Borkowski
    Candra O'Hara
    Bianca Del Neo

And, of course, Sister Minister, as coined by Squirrel Girl.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

So Marvel want an openly gay male actor who 'looks like a superhero' for a role in Eternals.

Though who to play...I'd assume Makkari?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    So Marvel want an openly gay male actor who 'looks like a superhero' for a role in Eternals.

It should be Ikaris, just so I can watch internet dudebros pretend to be Eternals fans.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It should be Ikaris, just so I can watch internet dudebros pretend to be Eternals fans.

I thought Ikaris too at first but now I’m thinking Hercules which would be so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "they ruined my childhood, Ikaris was always straight"

Better yet, the self-own of trying to argue that Hercules can't like dudes when he even had some male lovers in the original Greek myths.

Like a lot of fans online I thought that since they had transplanted a lot of Hercules's personality onto MCU Thor, Here's chances of appearing in the MCU would be slim since he wouldn't be bringing anything new to the table

Sticking him with the Eternals and emphasizing his fluid sexuality were the last things I would have expected, but if that's the route they want to go, I would suddenly be interested in that movie

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That's a little disappointing. Shade was such a fun and fitting name for the character. Darkveil sounds like something a straight person would come up with for her. But ok, I guess, as long as they keep using the character.

I don't think this has much to do with DC having a character with the same name, though. Don't both publishers have a character named Enchantress, which has never really been a problem, as far as I know? I think as long as both companies are not fighting for the trademark, it shouldn't be a problem. Would Marvel even want a trademark for Shade? It's not like she's getting her own comic, animation, show/movie or merch anytime soon (not that I would complain if she did, though)...

That's... interesting. I have my doubts about the source this comes from, The Hashtag Show, but I'm hoping it's true. I mean, they don't actually say it's for a gay character, but it seems like a weird requirement if the character wasn't some kind of gay, right? Hopefully they're FINALLY doing it. Did the Eternals have any LGBTQ character? I'm not very familiar with the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I thought Ikaris too at first but now I’m thinking Hercules which would be so much fun
    I was just about to say how Hercules might not even be in the movie, but then I remembered there were also news about a casting call for someone ''who looks like a greek god'', so it's possible they might try to introduce greek mythology in the movie, specially since apparently Gilgamesh is also rumored to appear, and he has some history with the greek mythology in the Marvel Comics. As a matter of fact, he was Herc's roommate on the last Herc book, and I was lowkey shipping them.

Anyway, there is nothing I would love more than an openly queer Hercules in the MCU! After so many years of straight-washed adaptions of the character, it'd really feel like justice is finally being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Like a lot of fans online I thought that since they had transplanted a lot of Hercules's personality onto MCU Thor, Here's chances of appearing in the MCU would be slim since he wouldn't be bringing anything new to the table

Sticking him with the Eternals and emphasizing his fluid sexuality were the last things I would have expected, but if that's the route they want to go, I would suddenly be interested in that movie
    I agree with this. I think portraying Herc as non-straight would probably generate enough buzz for people to focus on something other than the similarities with Thor. It could actually be a great marketing strategy. God, I hate being excited about this, because if it turns out to be false or something completely irrelevant, I'm going to be so disappointed.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-01-2019 at 10:07 PM.