View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 917 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4178178679079139149159169179189199209219279671017 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,755 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They're allegedly searching for a 30-40 actor who "looks like a superhero". I don't think it's this kid lol.
    And also said that it's for a main character. Sprite only got some relevance in Gaiman's series as an antagonistic figure (and not a very important one)

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I hate to sound like a downer but I highly doubt there's actually going to be an openly gay character in a Marvel movie. So far this is just a rumour and I don't think Marvel is going to follow through. At most they might hire an openly gay actor but I can't see them allowing one of the characters to be confirmed gay.

Ultimate Member

In the latest Avengers No Road Home (4, I think), there was a group shot of the gods partying on a two-pager near the beginning that gave me the vibe that Dionysus/Bacchus was into dudes (and on the following page, Hermes seems into him). Possibly I'm seeing stuff that's not there, but it sure looked like, millenia ago, Olympus was a pretty free-wheeling place!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I hate to sound like a downer but I highly doubt there's actually going to be an openly gay character in a Marvel movie. So far this is just a rumour and I don't think Marvel is going to follow through. At most they might hire an openly gay actor but I can't see them allowing one of the characters to be confirmed gay.
    Isn't it pretty much confirmed that Disney will have their first openly gay character in an upcoming movie? There was even controversy over them casting a straight actor for the role and all. Last I heard, there were test audiences who confirmed a scene where the character talks about being gay. So I'd say that's a step in the right direction and a good sign for Marvel movies, if anything. If it turns out that this rumor is true, it does sound like Marvel might really try to do it right this time around, 'cause I really don't see any other reason for them to be looking for a gay actor. It screams like they are trying to avoid the same controversy Disney just went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In the latest Avengers No Road Home (4, I think), there was a group shot of the gods partying on a two-pager near the beginning that gave me the vibe that Dionysus/Bacchus was into dudes (and on the following page, Hermes seems into him). Possibly I'm seeing stuff that's not there, but it sure looked like, millenia ago, Olympus was a pretty free-wheeling place!
    Similarly, in the latest issue of Aaron's Avengers, we saw a number of Dracula's former consorts. And more than a few were men.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Similarly, in the latest issue of Aaron's Avengers, we saw a number of Dracula's former consorts. And more than a few were men.
    Marvel Drac has become even more like DIO, we stan.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If this is true, I'm very excited and grateful for it. Having said that, I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that it would be happening in an Eternals movie of all things, instead of X-men or Young Avengers etc. I don't know anything about them at all, I hadn't even heard of them before the plans for the movie were announced. Still, no matter what it is I'm really happy and hope it's received well.

I should've posted a fat Yoshi along with that article but I'm tired.

The Eternals of all franchises getting the succ really makes me want to know what's happening in Feige's brain.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They are really letting us get our hopes up, aren't they? I mean, a statement like this right after this rumor came out IS really suggestive. Again, trying not to get too excited before anything is confirmed, but I'd say things are looking better than they did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    If this is true, I'm very excited and grateful for it. Having said that, I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that it would be happening in an Eternals movie of all things, instead of X-men or Young Avengers etc. I don't know anything about them at all, I hadn't even heard of them before the plans for the movie were announced. Still, no matter what it is I'm really happy and hope it's received well.
    Actually, I think this can be a good thing. If they are doing it for the first time, it might not be everything we expect. It might still be testing the waters to see how people react. So it's better to be done with characters who are not exactly ''queer icons''. I mean, I know for a fact that if they did a Young Avengers movie and Billy and Teddy's relationship was treated like an easter egg or something I'd be PISSED. I much rather if they introduce those characters at a point where they feel more comfortable about taking bigger risks.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I have a feeling Disney/Marvel is going to over egg things with Eternals, and will try to tick every box on the diversity spectrum with each different character - and that it'll come just as the backlash against all this hits films - just like it hit comics, and continues to, right now.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    What’s this then?

53330CD6-2749-4AC9-90C3-04BF99FCEADF.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    That was... A disappointment, honestly.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Isn't it pretty much confirmed that Disney will have their first openly gay character in an upcoming movie? There was even controversy over them casting a straight actor for the role and all. Last I heard, there were test audiences who confirmed a scene where the character talks about being gay. So I'd say that's a step in the right direction and a good sign for Marvel movies, if anything. If it turns out that this rumor is true, it does sound like Marvel might really try to do it right this time around, 'cause I really don't see any other reason for them to be looking for a gay actor. It screams like they are trying to avoid the same controversy Disney just went through.
    I still expect them to chicken out and not have any confirmed gay character, maybe a character who's hinted at being gay but not explicitly.

There's also a difference between having a gay character in a Disney movie and having one in a Marvel superhero movie. I know that movie/character you're talking about and a lot of the controversy is that the character is a stereotypical effeminate comic-relief character, and being played by a straight actor as well.

If there was going to be an openly gay superhero I definitely would want an openly gay actor to play him, I believe it would be much more meaningful that way in terms of representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That was... A disappointment, honestly.
    That God-awful wig on Paddy...

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: Prisoner X #1 - Honey Badger is among the cast in this one.

Amazing Spider-Man #16.HU - Black Cat spotlight issue

Avengers #16 - Dracula is outed as bisexual in the MU.

Avengers: No Road Home #4

Champions #3

Uncanny X-Men #13

Deadpool #10

And for the wait-for-trade crowd, there was the latest collection of UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL, the final volume of the latest EXILES series, and the X-MEN BLACK collection which includes the Mystique one-shot.

Did I miss anything?