View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 918 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4188188689089149159169179189199209219229289681018 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I have a feeling Disney/Marvel is going to over egg things with Eternals, and will try to tick every box on the diversity spectrum with each different character - and that it'll come just as the backlash against all this hits films - just like it hit comics, and continues to, right now.
    The "backlash" is overblown and mostly doesn't exist except from a very specific demo on the internet. Captain Marvel has been the subject of much harassment and trolling from that crowd and just today had one of the highest opening weekends of all time, because at the end of the day, your average person in real life doesn't really give a **** about SJWs supposedly ruining their superhero narratives. It's a very vocal minority on the internet, and that's about it.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-10-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The "backlash" is overblown and mostly doesn't exist except from a very specific demo on the internet. Captain Marvel has been the subject of much harassment and trolling from that crowd and just today had one of the highest opening weekends of all time, because at the end of the day, your average person in real life doesn't really give a **** about SJWs supposedly ruining their superhero narratives. It's a very vocal minority on the internet, and that's about it.
    Homophobia extends way beyond just trolls on the internet though, and on a global scale. That's why I just can't see there being an actual openly gay character in a major blockbuster movie.

I know I always sound like a real downer while talking about this and I want to be wrong. Nothing would make me happier than seeing an out and proud gay superhero on the big screen, preferably played by an out and proud actor, but until I see it with my own eyes I just don't believe it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Nothing would make me happier than seeing an out and proud gay superhero on the big screen...
    Ben Platt spends the next three years in Equinox NYC. Emerges from smoke and salt with a flat stomach and the full weight of Disney's eyes on a Pride month 2022 release of Iceman. Michele Selene Ang plays roommate Xi'an Coy Manh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That was... A disappointment, honestly.
    Bite your tongue. The Captain America/Winter Soldier scene was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ben Platt spends the next three years in Equinox NYC. Emerges from smoke and salt with a flat stomach and the full weight of Disney's eyes on a Pride month 2022 release of Iceman. Michele Selene Ang plays roommate Xi'an Coy Manh.
    I had to look up Ben Platt.
    No thanks.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    No thanks.
    I think he's perfect. Bobby's not supposed to be model hot. He's a handsome dork who gets by on jokes.

It’s funny you mentioned that, I would actually love Ben platt as Ben Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It’s funny you mentioned that, I would actually love Ben platt as Ben Grimm
    Interesting. My Ben Grimm choice is Seth Rogan. A bit obvious I know, but I’m going for a Krasinski/Blunt aged story.

I know TPTB at Marvel suggested a gay lead for Eternals, but I think it’s too strange. Any one of the heroes listed above would’ve been better for an LGBT supermovie.

I think he's perfect. Bobby's not supposed to be model hot. He's a handsome dork who gets by on jokes.
    C'mon. Everyone in the MCU is "model hot". If Bobby has to be the average one, I'll call it homophobia lol.

C'mon. Everyone in the MCU is "model hot". If Bobby has to be the average one, I'll call it homophobia lol.
    Save the instagay gymbunny CW casting for Northstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: Prisoner X #1 - Honey Badger is among the cast in this one.

Amazing Spider-Man #16.HU - Black Cat spotlight issue

Avengers #16 - Dracula is outed as bisexual in the MU.

Avengers: No Road Home #4

Champions #3

Uncanny X-Men #13

Deadpool #10

And for the wait-for-trade crowd, there was the latest collection of UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL, the final volume of the latest EXILES series, and the X-MEN BLACK collection which includes the Mystique one-shot.

Did I miss anything?
    Wait, what's gay about Black Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I'm pretty sure Black Cat is bisexual.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Someone asked Kevin Feige about LGBTQ heroes in the MCU for the millionth time and he said ''it's percolating'', whatever the heck that means.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    There's also a difference between having a gay character in a Disney movie and having one in a Marvel superhero movie.
    Not sure what you meant by that, but I actually think it's harder for Disney to do it than Marvel. The very nature of the superhero genre, with all the violence and such, makes it a tad more mature than what you would usually get on a Disney-branded movie. Plus, the MCU has had some dirty/suggestive jokes/moments, not to mention curse words, something you'd NEVER get on a Disney-branded movie. So if Disney is doing it, then I actually think this is a great sign for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    She mentioned having girlfriends in the early 00s and then it was never brought up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Someone asked Kevin Feige about LGBTQ heroes in the MCU for the millionth time and he said ''it's percolating'', whatever the heck that means.

I disagree on Bobby being supposed to be 'average'. I mean, he's not supposed to be Dick Grayson hot, where it's almost cannon that everyone wants him. But he's every bit as handsome as Peter Parker or Gambit or any of the other Marvel regular hunks.

Pretty much this.
    And not just in the movies. Pretty much everyone in the comics is well above average too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not sure what you meant by that, but I actually think it's harder for Disney to do it than Marvel. The very nature of the superhero genre, with all the violence and such, makes it a tad more mature than what you would usually get on a Disney-branded movie. Plus, the MCU has had some dirty/suggestive jokes/moments, not to mention curse words, something you'd NEVER get on a Disney-branded movie. So if Disney is doing it, then I actually think this is a great sign for Marvel.
    THe thing is, the superhero movies are supposed to bring in much from the international markets like China and Russia, which are far from gay-friendly.
    #EmmaWasRight

Both Deadpool movies did huge without China (though Deadpool 2's pg-13 cut later got a release there, I think), as did Suicide Squad. Black Panther did mediocre business in China and yet is still the highest grossing solo superhero movie of all time because it did well in most other markets (especially domestic). China's a huge market but it's not anything that a superhero movie cannot possibly do without, especially if the budget isn't too outrageous.