View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 921 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4218218719119179189199209219229239249259319711021 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 16971
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm sorry, but he then CHASED after Rahne, trying to kill her. He didn't just frighten off the giant wolf creature--he actively pursued it and attacked it. Using the logic of your own argument, he put himself in the situation where he got killed.
    And more than that, it wasn't as if she was following him on a whim. She was working with Jamie, who was hired by his wife. And after his death, they opted not to inform his wife about his true nature, which included cheating and attempted murder (though she found out anyways).

Rahne did show a great deal of remorse, but there was no character arc because it was just a mini series.

Well I stand corrected. Clearly you guys were right about this all along. I mean, how dare he chase after the monster stalking him as if it might come back at some point. Clearly he should've left it alone. It couldn't possibly have posed any further threat to him. Like how if your house gets broken into, you shouldn't call the cops, because the criminals could never come back. So there's no danger.
    Truly that guy she killed was the villain of the story the whole time and he deserved to die.

I love how the story of Avengers Endgame totally isn't going to be about the Avengers going after Thanos. Because why would they do that, right? It's not like they have any reason to go after him. He couldn't possible do anything to them in the future.
    #EmmaWasRight

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Well I stand corrected. Clearly you guys were right about this all along. I mean, how dare he chase after the monster stalking him as if it might come back at some point. Clearly he should've left it alone. It couldn't possibly have posed any further threat to him. Like how if your house gets broken into, you shouldn't call the cops, because the criminals could never come back. So there's no danger.
    Truly that guy she killed was the villain of the story the whole time and he deserved to die.

I love how the story of Avengers Endgame totally isn't going to be about the Avengers going after Thanos. Because why would they do that, right? It's not like they have any reason to go after him. He couldn't possible do anything to them in the future.
    Couple things...

First, he was in mutant town. Rahne wasn't exactly out of place. Unless physical appearance is reason enough to kill someone?

Second, he wasn't in any danger until he attacked Rahne. His physical body was at home with his wife, and his energy body was capable of flight. He could have stayed out of Rahne's reach easily and reported her to the cops if he was so concerned.

Third, his actions were not that of 'calling the cops'. In the real world, 95% of what non law enforcement characters do is illegal. In the real world, he would have no right to chase someone who isn't an immediate threat to him, and who hadn't attacked him. He attacked Rahne with lethal force, after she ran.

Do you think him trying to kill Rahne immediately after she discovered him having an affair is a coincidence? Because if so, I got a few bridges to sell ya.

Yeah. This was someone trying to kill a witness to their affair. This was not a scared person chasing after a monster to kill it for their own peace of mind. Even the way it's framed in the story supports that.

There's plenty of reasons to not like Rahne without having to try and distort what happened there to make it seem like a hate crime on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Couple things...

First, he was in mutant town. Rahne wasn't exactly out of place. Unless physical appearance is reason enough to kill someone?

Second, he wasn't in any danger until he attacked Rahne. His physical body was at home with his wife, and his energy body was capable of flight. He could have stayed out of Rahne's reach easily and reported her to the cops if he was so concerned.

Third, his actions were not that of 'calling the cops'. In the real world, 95% of what non law enforcement characters do is illegal. In the real world, he would have no right to chase someone who isn't an immediate threat to him, and who hadn't attacked him. He attacked Rahne with lethal force, after she ran.

Do you think him trying to kill Rahne immediately after she discovered him having an affair is a coincidence? Because if so, I got a few bridges to sell ya.
    Can you just not imagine what it would be like to see someone outside your window in the dead of night staring at you? Because that's what it feels like.
    How can you not see how threatening that would be? Add to that the person looking like a werewolf. This isn't like it's a person with blue skin or 6 eyes. It's a creature with large fangs and claws. But sure, nothing freaky about that at all.

Sure, he might have gotten away. But what about the guy he was with? They just had an intimate moment, but screw him right? He should've just left him to possible die if the monster came back. Your partners must feel real loved if you're so willing to abandon them.

You think what Rahne did is self-defense. So your knowledge on what is and isn't illegal is suspect to begin with. Oh and the guy ended up dead. So I'd say it was Rahne who used lethal force.
    You want a better analogy than the cop thing? Remember a while back when some idiots dressed as clowns and tried to scare people? In some cases the people they were trying to scare came at them. You're saying that if the clown guys in those situations were carrying knives, they would've been in their right to stab the people coming at them. Do you really not see how messed up that is?

The mental gymnastics you guys are doing to excuse Rahne from murdering a guy is just baffling to me.
    But I don't see us agreeing on this and I'm getting tired of arguing about it. So you think what you want. I'll just continue to hate the character.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah. This was someone trying to kill a witness to their affair. This was not a scared person chasing after a monster to kill it for their own peace of mind. Even the way it's framed in the story supports that.

There's plenty of reasons to not like Rahne without having to try and distort what happened there to make it seem like a hate crime on her part.
    Based on what was he trying to kill a witness? He doesn't say anything in those panels you guys posted.
    Talk about distorting what happened.
    BTW it isn't even about her killing a gay guy. This isn't about a hate crime. It's about her simply killing someone who had done nothing to her. Up to the point where she was a giant wolf spying on him through the window.

But like I said. Believe what you want. No matter how messed up it is.
    #EmmaWasRight

Ultimate Member

Based on what was he trying to kill a witness? He doesn't say anything in those panels you guys posted.
    BTW it isn't even about her killing a gay guy. This isn't about a hate crime. It's about her simply killing someone who had done nothing to her. Up to the point where she was a giant wolf spying on him through the window.

But like I said. Believe what you want. No matter how messed up it is.
    You say that he had done nothing to her, even though the scan in this very thread show him picking up a metal telephone pole and trying to hit her with in

Based on what was he trying to kill a witness?
    That's literally how it's framed in the story lmao.

You mean like you've been doing from the beginning to justify your dislike of Rahne? Like I said, there's like, a bajillion legit reasons to already dislike her. A lot from her handling of Rictor's coming out alone. There's no need for the mental gymnastics here.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-16-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Can you just not imagine what it would be like to see someone outside your window in the dead of night staring at you? Because that's what it feels like.
    How can you not see how threatening that would be? Add to that the person looking like a werewolf. This isn't like it's a person with blue skin or 6 eyes. It's a creature with large fangs and claws. But sure, nothing freaky about that at all.

Sure, he might have gotten away. But what about the guy he was with? They just had an intimate moment, but screw him right? He should've just left him to possible die if the monster came back. Your partners must feel real loved if you're so willing to abandon them.

You think what Rahne did is self-defense. So your knowledge on what is and isn't illegal is suspect to begin with. Oh and the guy ended up dead. So I'd say it was Rahne who used lethal force.
    You want a better analogy than the cop thing? Remember a while back when some idiots dressed as clowns and tried to scare people? In some cases the people they were trying to scare came at them. You're saying that if the clown guys in those situations were carrying knives, they would've been in their right to stab the people coming at them. Do you really not see how messed up that is?

The mental gymnastics you guys are doing to excuse Rahne from murdering a guy is just baffling to me.
    But I don't see us agreeing on this and I'm getting tired of arguing about it. So you think what you want. I'll just continue to hate the character.
    Also, just for the record?

You can't call my knowledge of law suspect when you argue that someone is justified in hunting down and killing another human being for being a peeping tom.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

X-Men: Winter's End - This one-shot serves as an epilogue to Sina Grace's last ICEMAN series, and has plenty of LGBT content in addition to Bobby, with appearances by Daken, Pyro, Northstar, Kyle, Christian Frost, Darkveil, and more. We also get an Official Handbook entry for Darkveil as a bonus feature!

Asgardians Of The Galaxy #7 - another book with multiple LGBT characters in the mix, and we get the new status update for the Angela/Sera relationship

Age Of X-Man: Apocalypse & Extracts #1 - Iceman has an appearance

Amazing Spider-Man #17 - Black Cat guest stars

Runaways #19

X-Force #4

X-23 #10

Avengers: No Road Home #5

Spider-Man/Deadpool #47 - Giant-Man (Raz) and Doop are among a large group of heroes who make cameos at the beginning of the issue.

Did I miss anything?

What is Pyro's deal anyway? He an X-Man or bad guy?

Astonishing Member

Depends on which Pyro you are asking about. The original was a bad guy. The current one is an X-Man (or at least X-Man in training), although he was temporarily a bad guy due to brainwashing.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

THIS VIDEO IS EVERYTHING, LMAO

I can't believe how she forgot to point out what was, to me, the BIGGEST queer-coding from the movie, though:

spoilers:
    When Monica is showing the pictures of them together to Carol and says ''you never got along with your parents so we became your family''.
    end of spoilers

That hit SO HARD in the feels because it really felt like what SO many LGBTQ people have to go through when they are rejected by their biological family. I'm not sure if Marvel is going there, but goddamn it, they definitely have the opportunity. Captain Marvel was definitely their gayest movie yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I can't believe how she forgot to point out what was, to me, the BIGGEST queer-coding from the movie, though:

spoilers:
    When Monica is showing the pictures of them together to Carol and says ''you never got along with your parents so we became your family''.
    end of spoilers

That hit SO HARD in the feels because it really felt like what SO many LGBTQ people have to go through when they are rejected by their biological family. I'm not sure if Marvel is going there, but goddamn it, they definitely have the opportunity. Captain Marvel was definitely their gayest movie yet.
    I can't believe I didn't think of this. I guess I was too focused on how Maria and Carol's friendship would influence Monica's debut as a hero.
    I'm not sure they'll explore their relationship further, thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

That's a very good catch.