View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 923 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4238238739139199209219229239249259269279339731023 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,845 of 16972
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Fuse could get that backup dick. (No pics but warning for those squeamish, Gillen had some wild ideas for Noh.)
    I am both extremely disgusted and highly amused. Gillen's mind is just something else.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Noh-Varr calls Fuse "hot" in this week's West Coast Avengers. Throw away line, but I enjoyed it.
    They are also mentioned as "checking each other out" in the next issue preview summary on the last page. Too bad the series is ending that could have been an interesting, if slightly awkward, spin on a love triangle.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I am both extremely disgusted and highly amused. Gillen's mind is just something else.
    Gillen is the guy who went into a surprising amount of detail when talking about Kate having her first one night stand (with Noh) in his YA run. So yeah this doesn't really surprise me.

Hopefully this means Hulking or Phyla-Vell.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03...aptain-marvel/

(Captain Marvel spoilers)

Ultimate Member

Hulkling is the most obvious, though I'd rather have Phyla

Astonishing Member

The Week In Day:

West Coast Avengers #9 - America, Ramone, Noh-Varr and quite possibly Fuse too. Lots of gay going on here.

Avengers #17 - this issue concludes the vampire civil war arc, and Dracula was outed as bisexual last issue

Avengers: No Road Home #6 - no Hercules in this issue, since the focus was on Conan and Scarlet Witch. The upside there is almost a full issue of Conan walking around in little more than a loincloth.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #3 - Phyla and Moondragon, as well as Starfox who gets a nice little scene dealing with how Thanos' death has affected him.

Wolverine: Infinity Watch #2 of 5 - Loki co-stars in this, and gets some fun moments

There was also a new issue of Kelly Thompson's CAPTAIN MARVEL - I have some suspicions that the character Som might be gay, but no solid evidence as of yet.

And for the wait-for-trade crowd, the TPB of X-MEN: DISASSEMBLED came out, featuring Iceman, Northstar, Psylocke, Anole, etc.

Anything else?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The title sounds like one thing, but when you actually read the interview it sounds he's just talking about Carol and how they'll explore Mar's legacy through her. Phyla and Teddy may still appear, of course, but I don't think this particular interview is specifically hinting at them, unfortunately. I just came to accept the fact that they might not be a big priority right now, which is why they didn't mind changing their father's story in the MCU so drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hulkling is the most obvious, though I'd rather have Phyla
    I actually think Phyla is more likely to show up first, because she is a part of an already established franchise (Guardians Of The Galaxy) and James Gunn, who we know is directing the franchise again, has hinted at Quasar being in GOTG 3, which could possibly be her, considering he's been adapting DnA's version of the team. That's more solid evidence of her showing up than Hulkling. Sure, we have rumors about the Young Avengers in the MCU, but so far they're just that, rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Day:

There was also a new issue of Kelly Thompson's CAPTAIN MARVEL - I have some suspicions that the character Som might be gay, but no solid evidence as of yet.
    This first arc of Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel seems like a wasted opportunity. She's retreading this tired old "the men are all taken out of the equation so the women step up" plot, but completely ignores the existence of trans men and women. For a second last issue I had hope that Som was a trans man, but nope.

Uncanny X-Men #14 came out, it had Karma in it but once again she didn't do squat
    Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler #2 - Mercury had a fun little cameo
    Age of X-Man: NextGen #2 - Anole and Bling! were both in this
    Thor #11 had a scene starring Valkyrie in the lead up to War of the Realms, could also help lead into the solo book that Aaron and Ewing have in store for her

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    This first arc of Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel seems like a wasted opportunity. She's retreading this tired old "the men are all taken out of the equation so the women step up" plot, but completely ignores the existence of trans men and women. For a second last issue I had hope that Som was a trans man, but nope.
    To be fair, the focus is mostly on the established super-women in the zone; we haven't really had much chance to get to know any of the civilian women as of yet. There could be some trans people among the civilians--but unless the story has time/reason to start showing them as individuals we won't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #14 came out, it had Karma in it but once again she didn't do squat
    Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler #2 - Mercury had a fun little cameo
    Age of X-Man: NextGen #2 - Anole and Bling! were both in this
    Thor #11 had a scene starring Valkyrie in the lead up to War of the Realms, could also help lead into the solo book that Aaron and Ewing have in store for her
    Thanks for those!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I actually think Phyla is more likely to show up first, because she is a part of an already established franchise (Guardians Of The Galaxy) and James Gunn, who we know is directing the franchise again, has hinted at Quasar being in GOTG 3, which could possibly be her, considering he's been adapting DnA's version of the team. That's more solid evidence of her showing up than Hulkling. Sure, we have rumors about the Young Avengers in the MCU, but so far they're just that, rumors.
    Hulkling is the easiest one to introduce, though and has the easiest backstory.

Mar-Vell fell in love wit a Skrull. Birds, bees, Teddy.

Boom, done.

Phyla and the Quasar ID, fall under a greater mythos that Marvel has shied away from. There are no divine personifications of concepts, thus no one to appoint a protector of the universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hulkling is the easiest one to introduce, though and has the easiest backstory.

Mar-Vell fell in love wit a Skrull. Birds, bees, Teddy.

Boom, done.

Phyla and the Quasar ID, fall under a greater mythos that Marvel has shied away from. There are no divine personifications of concepts, thus no one to appoint a protector of the universe.
    You've got a point, but the powers/identity of Quasar and the role of "Protector of the Universe" are not actually linked. Mar-Vell was Quasar's predecessor as "Protector of the Universe", and he never wielded the quantum bands. Quasar had his powers for a long time before he was appointed "P of the U", and Phyla never carried the mantle when she was Quasar. So that title would not actually be necessary to introduce a Quasar into the MCU--in fact, I'd expect them to steer clear of that title entirely, given the similarity to the name "Guardians of the Galaxy".

Also, Eon wasn't a personified concept, was she? I thought she was just an alien entity. It was some of the other being Quasar ran into (Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, etc) who were manifestations of concepts.

The personifications were very very subtly hinted at in the first Guardians movie with a mural of them with the Infinity Stones.

In the sequel, when Peter gets powered up by his father and experiences the knowledge of the universe, he briefly says he can see "Eternity."

I would not put it past Gunn to deal with some of that in the third movie, so Phyla/Quasar doesn't seem out of the question.

Ultimate Member

The personifications were very very subtly hinted at in the first Guardians movie with a mural of them with the Infinity Stones.

In the sequel, when Peter gets powered up by his father and experiences the knowledge of the universe, he briefly says he can see "Eternity."

I would not put it past Gunn to deal with some of that in the third movie, so Phyla/Quasar doesn't seem out of the question.
    Perhaps, but Marvel took the magic outta Dr. Strange and downplayed every mystical element in Thor.

Easter Eggs are one thing, IMO and plot points are another. Though they did eventually allow Thor to be a God.

Plus, Quasar is more like Green Lantern than Teddy is, so there's that too :P

https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/1109870438354767872

Billy and Teddy are going to be in this and I am very confused.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Teddy did always look like the type who might be in to screamo type rock what with his piercings and spiked strap bracelets and stuff like that.

Death's Head will make a good pop star, yes?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God