View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 924 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4248248749149209219229239249259269279289349741024 ... LastLast
Results 13,846 to 13,860 of 16972

There's a running gag with Wiccan and Hulkling joking they can't be Young Avengers anymore because there's younger Avengers than them.
    Okay I chuckled a bit at that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The personifications were very very subtly hinted at in the first Guardians movie with a mural of them with the Infinity Stones.

In the sequel, when Peter gets powered up by his father and experiences the knowledge of the universe, he briefly says he can see "Eternity."

I would not put it past Gunn to deal with some of that in the third movie, so Phyla/Quasar doesn't seem out of the question.
    Oh, absolutely Phyla/Quasar is not out of the question. I'm just saying that she can happen without any mention of the personifications being required, since her origins and the origins of the quantum bands, are not actually connected to them. Phyla's connection to the Manifestations came later, when she became Martyr and was the new emissary of Oblivion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/1109870438354767872

Billy and Teddy are going to be in this and I am very confused.
    I am confused too...but very happy to see them getting used!

So, the two of them are going to be in a series that involves a time-traveler? Could this be...Billy and Teddy's Excellent Adventure?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Perhaps, but Marvel took the magic outta Dr. Strange and downplayed every mystical element in Thor.
    I wouldn't say that, comparing magic to science is just a way of conveying to the ordinary human characters (and by extension the modern audiences watching) how magic works.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I would like to thank Tini Howard for making 2019 a little big gayer. I wasn't familiar with her before, but I definitely stan now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I would like to thank Tini Howard for making 2019 a little big gayer. I wasn't familiar with her before, but I definitely stan now.
    She also wrote last year's CAPTAIN AMERICA Annual, which was a WWII flashback story and she introduced a gay man who was one of a trio of escapees from a concentration camp, whom Cap and Bucky helped get to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Try 'Euthanauts' if you haven't already given it a look. It's heavy in some spots, but a really good book. Also, Nick Robles on art is always a good thing.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

This is only slightly related to the thread because of the rumour that there's going to be a gay character in The Eternals movie, but anyway I'm hearing there's a rumour that the movie is going to be set "thousands of years before the contemporary MCU". Also Angelina Jolie is allegedly in talks to play Sersi, who it sounds like will be the main character of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    This is only slightly related to the thread because of the rumour that there's going to be a gay character in The Eternals movie, but anyway I'm hearing there's a rumour that the movie is going to be set "thousands of years before the contemporary MCU". Also Angelina Jolie is allegedly in talks to play Sersi, who it sounds like will be the main character of the film.
    There was also information about how the movie will focus on a love story between Sersi and Ikaris, so that rules out Ikaris as the rumored gay character. I'm not really surprised. If there's a gay character in this movie at all, it makes sense that he wouldn't be front and center. It'd be the first time Marvel Studios would be doing this, so I wouldn't expect them to go big right off the bat.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd assume Jolie would make a better Thena.

Sersi would be the younger character, you'd eventually want to be the one that crosses over with the Avengers, like what happened in the books.

I'm still going with Makkari being the gay one
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah I’m hoping Jolie is Thena. She would be perfect!

Plus I’m still hoping Constance Wu plays Sersi

The rumor about them wanting a gay male lead in Eternals is cropping up again, and now the buzz is it's apparently Hercules.

Grain of salt and all that.

The rumor about them wanting a gay male lead in Eternals is cropping up again, and now the buzz is it's apparently Hercules.

Well, it would be a good way of differentiating him from MCU Thor I guess, but wouldn't they probably handle him more like Valkyrie (unless they just don't cut out the same sex lovers this time around)?

The rumor comes from Jeremy Conrad, who sometimes gets some inside info, but sometimes gets some things wrong too. I remember he was the one who said Avengers 4's subtitle would be ''Annihilation'', for instance. I don't doubt Hercules might appear in the movie, but I have a hard time believing he will be THE male lead, specially with the information (coming from a very reliable source) about the movie revolving around a love story between Sersi and Ikaris. It really seems like those two are THE leads, even if other characters have important roles. Also, while I do want Herc to be queer in the MCU, I would be slightly upset that they would be erasing his bi/pansexuality if he's just plain gay. OTOH, a bi/pan Hercules could be an easy way for the studio to only conveniently focus on his interest for women so they wouldn't scare the heteronormative audience, so him being gay would leave no room for that to happen, fortunately.

Anyway, if they are indeed looking for a gay actor for this role, who would you guys cast? I can't think of many openly gay actors with a Hercules like physique, but I could see Luke Macfarlane fitting the role if he gets a little more jacke.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-30-2019 at 01:00 AM.

It would be great to see herc on the big screen though. Such a great character