View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 925 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4258258759159219229239249259269279289299359751025 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,875 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The rumor comes from Jeremy Conrad, who sometimes gets some inside info, but sometimes gets some things wrong too. I remember he was the one who said Avengers 4's subtitle would be ''Annihilation'', for instance. I don't doubt Hercules might appear in the movie, but I have a hard time believing he will be THE male lead, specially with the information (coming from a very reliable source) about the movie revolving around a love story between Sersi and Ikaris. It really seems like those two are THE leads, even if other characters have important roles. Also, while I do want Herc to be queer in the MCU, I would be slightly upset that they would be erasing his bi/pansexuality if he's just plain gay. OTOH, a bi/pan Hercules could be an easy way for the studio to only conveniently focus on his interest for women so they wouldn't scare the heteronormative audience, so him being gay would leave no room for that to happen, fortunately.

Anyway, if they are indeed looking for a gay actor for this role, who would you guys cast? I can't think of many openly gay actors with a Hercules like physique, but I could see Luke Macfarlane fitting the role if he gets a little more jacke.
    kellan Lutz is pretty big and already played Hercules. This will star filming this year? 6 months might be enough to get in shape if the actor already is fairly toned

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    kellan Lutz is pretty big and already played Hercules. This will star filming this year? 6 months might be enough to get in shape if the actor already is fairly toned
    I thought the rumor was that they wanted an openly queer actor to play the queer character.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I thought the rumor was that they wanted an openly queer actor to play the queer character.
    Exactly. Kellan Lutz, as far as I know, is not openly gay, so that'd rule him out if the rumor is true.

Plus I want a hairy Hercules

I would prefer a Herc with some hair on his chest, myself, but more like Paul Telfer's Hercules than Kevin Sorbo's...though, of course, hopefully a better actor than any of the three listed so far. Lol

tumblr_inline_mn3zc9hksg1qz4rgp.jpg

Besides, hasn't Kellan Lutz proven to be box office death?

Edit: dunno how to post that in motion, but woof...: http://artemisms.tumblr.com/post/509...ules-2005-gifs
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-31-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Although, Angelina Jolie is bisexual. So if she does play Sersi that could be what the rumor was referring to

Although, Angelina Jolie is bisexual. So if she does play Sersi that could be what the rumor was referring to
    I really hope that's not the case.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Actually, no, according to the guy from That Hashtag Show, the same website that spread the rumor:

https://twitter.com/CharlesMurphTHS/...44872392523777

He makes it pretty clear here that the gay character is male and Jolie has nothing to do with it. He also notes that the gay character and the male lead are two separate characters, so Jeremy Conrad could be wrong about Hercules being the male protagonist of the movie, as I suspected.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-31-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

It's starting to sound like the gay character is going to be a minor character in the film overall which means it would be easier for Marvel to back out of addressing his sexuality or making it a small moment that would be easy to edit out for international audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I would prefer a Herc with some hair on his chest, myself, but more like Paul Telfer's Hercules than Kevin Sorbo's...though, of course, hopefully a better actor than any of the three listed so far. Lol

tumblr_inline_mn3zc9hksg1qz4rgp.jpg

Besides, hasn't Kellan Lutz proven to be box office death?

Edit: dunno how to post that in motion, but woof...: http://artemisms.tumblr.com/post/509...ules-2005-gifs
    Haha yeah definitely no Sorbo.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    It's starting to sound like the gay character is going to be a minor character in the film overall which means it would be easier for Marvel to back out of addressing his sexuality or making it a small moment that would be easy to edit out for international audiences.
    I haven't seen that anywhere. Is there a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I haven't seen that anywhere. Is there a link?
    I'm talking about the rumour that the male lead character is going to be in a relationship with Sersi, which was being discussed earlier in this thread. It makes it sound like the gay character is only going to be a secondary character.

Also to the best of my knowledge it hasn't even been confirmed by Marvel that there is going to be a gay character in this film. Isn't everything about the movie just a "rumour" at this point? That's why I'm not entirely convinced that Marvel won't just back out of including a gay character in it at all.

Here's a link to an article talking about some of the rumours and info on the Eternals movie https://www.inverse.com/article/5444...iler-plot-cast

Here's a link to the article that started the rumour about Marvel looking for an openly gay actor. http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/0...gay-male-lead/

I'm also seeing a lot of articles saying that Hercules is rumoured to be the male lead or the gay character, which as someone pointed out earlier is it's own can of worms.

Edit: I did a bit more digging around and found this article that has the alleged casting info for the main cast. It describes the male lead as a "Greek God", which is why everyone is assuming it's Hercules. http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/11/1...neup-revealed/
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 04-01-2019 at 01:52 PM.

It was already said before the gay rumor that Ikaris and Sersi's relationship would be a big focus. I have assumed, since those first came out, that a possible gay character would be a main character as in part of the main "team", but not exactly THE protagonist or anything.

I don't believe those casting rumors that much tbh. It seems like they just now started casting the supporting characters for the Black Widow movie which is about to film soon. Feels a bit soon to start casting the Eternals already unless it's like a Brie Larson situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was already said before the gay rumor that Ikaris and Sersi's relationship would be a big focus. I have assumed, since those first came out, that a possible gay character would be a main character as in part of the main "team", but not exactly THE protagonist or anything.

I don't believe those casting rumors that much tbh. It seems like they just now started casting the supporting characters for the Black Widow movie which is about to film soon. Feels a bit soon to start casting the Eternals already unless it's like a Brie Larson situation.
    I've heard that Eternals is allegedly going to start filming later this year, so they probably are casting for it now.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Sorry, running quite late with it this time around!

Age Of X-Man: X-Tremists #2 - Northstar, Iceman and Psylocke in the main cast

Amazing Spider-Man #18 - Black Cat is part of this arc.

Avengers: No Road Home #6 - Hercules is back in this issue, after being absent (and seemingly dead) last issue. And not technically LGBT-related, but Spectrum kicks some ass!

X-Force #5

Superior Spider-Man #4 - Skein continues to be part of the supporting cast for this book

Marvel Rising #1 of 5 - America Chavez is on the cover, but does not appear in the actual issue. But she was involved in the first MARVEL RISING miniseries, so she may turn up later on.

Mr & Mrs X #9 - no actual LGBT content, but a number of Gambit's past writers have said they wrote him as bisexual. I'm not sure if Kelly Thompson has ever weighed in on the subject herself.

And for the wait-for-trade crowd, the latest TPBs for ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and MS. MARVEL were released.

Did I miss anything?