View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
731. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

26 3.56%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.64%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

20 2.74%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

42 5.75%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

35 4.79%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

38 5.20%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

43 5.88%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

62 8.48%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

38 5.20%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

107 14.64%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

59 8.07%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

21 2.87%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

35 4.79%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

45 6.16%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

148 20.25%
Page 925 of 958 FirstFirst ... 425825875915921922923924925926927928929935 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,875 of 14368

Yeah I’m hoping Jolie is Thena. She would be perfect!

Plus I’m still hoping Constance Wu plays Sersi

The rumor about them wanting a gay male lead in Eternals is cropping up again, and now the buzz is it's apparently Hercules.

Grain of salt and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The rumor about them wanting a gay male lead in Eternals is cropping up again, and now the buzz is it's apparently Hercules.

Well, it would be a good way of differentiating him from MCU Thor I guess, but wouldn't they probably handle him more like Valkyrie (unless they just don't cut out the same sex lovers this time around)?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

The rumor comes from Jeremy Conrad, who sometimes gets some inside info, but sometimes gets some things wrong too. I remember he was the one who said Avengers 4's subtitle would be ''Annihilation'', for instance. I don't doubt Hercules might appear in the movie, but I have a hard time believing he will be THE male lead, specially with the information (coming from a very reliable source) about the movie revolving around a love story between Sersi and Ikaris. It really seems like those two are THE leads, even if other characters have important roles. Also, while I do want Herc to be queer in the MCU, I would be slightly upset that they would be erasing his bi/pansexuality if he's just plain gay. OTOH, a bi/pan Hercules could be an easy way for the studio to only conveniently focus on his interest for women so they wouldn't scare the heteronormative audience, so him being gay would leave no room for that to happen, fortunately.

Anyway, if they are indeed looking for a gay actor for this role, who would you guys cast? I can't think of many openly gay actors with a Hercules like physique, but I could see Luke Macfarlane fitting the role if he gets a little more jacke.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-30-2019 at 01:00 AM.

It would be great to see herc on the big screen though. Such a great character

Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The rumor comes from Jeremy Conrad, who sometimes gets some inside info, but sometimes gets some things wrong too. I remember he was the one who said Avengers 4's subtitle would be ''Annihilation'', for instance. I don't doubt Hercules might appear in the movie, but I have a hard time believing he will be THE male lead, specially with the information (coming from a very reliable source) about the movie revolving around a love story between Sersi and Ikaris. It really seems like those two are THE leads, even if other characters have important roles. Also, while I do want Herc to be queer in the MCU, I would be slightly upset that they would be erasing his bi/pansexuality if he's just plain gay. OTOH, a bi/pan Hercules could be an easy way for the studio to only conveniently focus on his interest for women so they wouldn't scare the heteronormative audience, so him being gay would leave no room for that to happen, fortunately.

Anyway, if they are indeed looking for a gay actor for this role, who would you guys cast? I can't think of many openly gay actors with a Hercules like physique, but I could see Luke Macfarlane fitting the role if he gets a little more jacke.
    kellan Lutz is pretty big and already played Hercules. This will star filming this year? 6 months might be enough to get in shape if the actor already is fairly toned

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    kellan Lutz is pretty big and already played Hercules. This will star filming this year? 6 months might be enough to get in shape if the actor already is fairly toned
    I thought the rumor was that they wanted an openly queer actor to play the queer character.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I thought the rumor was that they wanted an openly queer actor to play the queer character.
    Exactly. Kellan Lutz, as far as I know, is not openly gay, so that'd rule him out if the rumor is true.

Plus I want a hairy Hercules

I would prefer a Herc with some hair on his chest, myself, but more like Paul Telfer's Hercules than Kevin Sorbo's...though, of course, hopefully a better actor than any of the three listed so far. Lol

tumblr_inline_mn3zc9hksg1qz4rgp.jpg

Besides, hasn't Kellan Lutz proven to be box office death?

Edit: dunno how to post that in motion, but woof...: http://artemisms.tumblr.com/post/509...ules-2005-gifs
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-31-2019 at 04:24 AM.
    There is no such thing as an ethical Republican anymore. Period.

Although, Angelina Jolie is bisexual. So if she does play Sersi that could be what the rumor was referring to

Although, Angelina Jolie is bisexual. So if she does play Sersi that could be what the rumor was referring to
    I really hope that's not the case.

Actually, no, according to the guy from That Hashtag Show, the same website that spread the rumor:

https://twitter.com/CharlesMurphTHS/...44872392523777

He makes it pretty clear here that the gay character is male and Jolie has nothing to do with it. He also notes that the gay character and the male lead are two separate characters, so Jeremy Conrad could be wrong about Hercules being the male protagonist of the movie, as I suspected.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-31-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

It's starting to sound like the gay character is going to be a minor character in the film overall which means it would be easier for Marvel to back out of addressing his sexuality or making it a small moment that would be easy to edit out for international audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I would prefer a Herc with some hair on his chest, myself, but more like Paul Telfer's Hercules than Kevin Sorbo's...though, of course, hopefully a better actor than any of the three listed so far. Lol

tumblr_inline_mn3zc9hksg1qz4rgp.jpg

Besides, hasn't Kellan Lutz proven to be box office death?

Edit: dunno how to post that in motion, but woof...: http://artemisms.tumblr.com/post/509...ules-2005-gifs
    Haha yeah definitely no Sorbo.