View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 926 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4268268769169229239249259269279289299309369761026 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 16972
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok so now I'm hearing that one of the Russo brothers has flat out said that an LGBT superhero is "100%" coming to the MCU "very soon". That's a lot more definitive than I've expected, I'm hoping that my pessimism will be proven wrong soon.

I find it interesting that Joe Russo was the one saying that... Does he just have info on Eternals, or...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I find it interesting that Joe Russo was the one saying that... Does he just have info on Eternals, or...
    There's been some speculation that one of the Eternals might cameo in Endgame, so perhaps he's been kept in the loop about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There's been some speculation that one of the Eternals might cameo in Endgame, so perhaps he's been kept in the loop about it.
    But haven't the Eternals not even been cast yet? It almost makes me wonder if he means there will be an LGBT character in Endgame or one of it's post-credits scene, although he might just be talking about Marvel's apparent decision to have a gay male character in Eternals.

I assumed that, since the Chinese promotional poster included Valkyrie finally, Russo was referencing canonizing her in a more official capacity in End Game? Perhaps someone comments on their attraction to Captain Marvel, and she agrees or brings it up herself. <shrug>

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Ok so now I'm hearing that one of the Russo brothers has flat out said that an LGBT superhero is "100%" coming to the MCU "very soon". That's a lot more definitive than I've expected, I'm hoping that my pessimism will be proven wrong soon.
    His 100% comment was actually about if he thought it was time for a queer hero, like, he said he was 100% sure it was time. But he DID affirm we would have one very soon, which is as confirmative as it gets. I just hope he's not pulling another queerbaiting on us and actually comes through. Come on, Russos, do not disappoint.

Even if he did, I find it hard to believe he would straight-up confirm something like that regarding a movie he's not directing. He must know plans can change and things end up not making the final cut, so saying that we would have a queer character very soon seems like a dangerous statement if he's not directly involved with the production. I definitely feel like the level of confidence on his statement implies he's talking about Avengers: Endgame, which would fit the ''very soon'' angle a lot better than Eternals, a movie that doesn't even have a release date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I assumed that, since the Chinese promotional poster included Valkyrie finally, Russo was referencing canonizing her in a more official capacity in End Game? Perhaps someone comments on their attraction to Captain Marvel, and she agrees or brings it up herself. <shrug>
    Valkyrie was my first thought as well. She's probably the safest option, as far as the cast of this movie goes. Then again, we don't know which surprise characters might be showing up. We could be getting Starfox or Moondragon for all we know. Both of them have connections to Titan/Thanos, after all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Valkyrie was my first thought as well. She's probably the safest option, as far as the cast of this movie goes. Then again, we don't know which surprise characters might be showing up. We could be getting Starfox or Moondragon for all we know. Both of them have connections to Titan/Thanos, after all.
    See, my mind went immediately to 'who, of the people we've already seen, could be gay?' Other than a flirty look with Black Widow at the beginning of Winter Soldier and a comment about Cap swinging by his workplace 'to make him look awesome for the girl at the front desk,' Falcon hasn't been pegged as 100% het yet. Ditto War Machine/Rhodes (who enjoyed strippers with Tony in the first Iron Man movie, but that section was cut back in some releases and that actor is gone...). Or Nebula. All 'benefit' from being secondary or even tertiary characters, who have gotten barely any sub-plotting or characterization of their own, leaving them somewhat blank slates for relationshipping.

As much as I love Moondragon, I'm not sure I want to have too many new characters introduced in what's already going to be a packed-to-the-gills Endgame. Plus Scarlet Witch has been retconned to be a telekinetic/mind-manipulator type, for the MCU, which is kind of Moondragon's entire schtick...

If there was going to be an LGBT character in Endgame then it would definitely be Valkyrie. They already tried to confirm her bisexuality in Thor: Ragnarok, so perhaps they'll be able to do it in Endgame. But we're still not even sure if the Russo brother's hint actually was about Endgame.

I think it would be nice if after all the death and destruction of the last movie it ends with Valkyrie riding off into the sunset with someone pleasant

Ultimate Member

Taika Waititi and Tessa Thompson both wanted Valkyrie's bisexuality to be acknowledged in Ragnarok, there's was even a scene planned for it. And Tessa is bi in real life as well. So Valkyrie seems like a safe bet.

Honestly after seeing Captain Marvel I'd be up for some Carol/Valkyrie flirting. And them going on badass space adventures together would be cool as well.

Astonishing Member

There were a couple of new LGBT inclusive projects announced today - a new LOKI book and a FUTURE FOUNDATION book. I'm not sure if either of them are meant to be ongoing on miniseries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    There were a couple of new LGBT inclusive projects announced today - a new LOKI book and a FUTURE FOUNDATION book. I'm not sure if either of them are meant to be ongoing on miniseries.
    Got a bit ahead of myself there. It's on a Future Foundation appearance for now...but potential to do more if there's interest.

Extraordinary Member

We on the Lokids thread are very excited should the creative team give Loki a male LI. While the rainbow on his cover is certainly the Bifrost, one can't help but wonder if it's a sign of his fluid sexuality and gender as well. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    We on the Lokids thread are very excited should the creative team give Loki a male LI. While the rainbow on his cover is certainly the Bifrost, one can't help but wonder if it's a sign of his fluid sexuality and gender as well. Fingers crossed!
    Well, it is the Bifrost. But to be serious honestly I prefer not to have any expectations for Loki in regards to his sexuality...

Also, I both love and hate the Loki thread. Every post is a wall of text. I find it cool that there's so much interesting discussion but at the same time I don't have enough patience to read it all lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, I had meant to comment about that last night, but I was having computer issues. The writer also did the LOCKJAW miniseries that featured D-Man, which gave me hope for some exploration of Loki's sexuality.