View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 93 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596971031431935931093 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 16974

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Except for, you know, DC announcing their female and PoC solo movies first. But whatever, right?
    Ha, fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    To answer my own question, lest others assume wrong of me: I feel THRILLED for getting a T'Challa and Carol movie. Today was a great day for diversity; and it makes you proud to be a Marvel fan (take THAT DC!). In terms of LGBT Avengers? I'm not really annoyed, because it is more of the same. We don't even get cameos. LOL! Marvel comics (esp. the Avengers-verse) have consistently failed so spectacularly in this area, how could anyone expect the movies to do better? Truthfully, who would the MCU add (since it's Avengers heavy)? Not like the comics give them much to work with I'm angry at seeing some "justify" the exclusion (that pisses me off; and shows a true nastiness), but in terms of Marvel... I'm definitely ambivalent. So they won't have any LGBT in the MCU. Anyone surprised? I mean... it's not actually a shock to anyone, right? Though I do think we should keep voicing our desire to see them do better, because it's important we not go quietly into the night on this issue. But do I hold any passion or "dreams" of ever seeing a Marvel LGBT solo film? Absolutely not. Not in my life time. It's not even on the cards. The same way I don't dream of seeing an LGBT become President (at-least not for a long, long time -- so long it becomes pointless thinking about it).

SEE: ABOVE
    I see, well as always sex, sexuality, and orientation are always the last barriers to break. Maybe Civil will lead to Young Avengers, there are many possibilities after phase 3, War Machine, Young Avengers, Hercules, there are options now.

Amazing Member

By the way, Deadpool was shown to have a gay couple as neighbors. No idea if they're going to show up again, but thought it was worth pointing it out.

Amazing Member

As long as Northstar's over at Fox, I don't think we're going to see a big LGBT character in the MCU. It looks like Agents of SHIELD may be teasing that Fitz isn't as straight as once thought, so that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    By the way, Deadpool was shown to have a gay couple as neighbors. No idea if they're going to show up again, but thought it was worth pointing it out.
    Is this in the Deadpool vs. Hawkeye series? If not, how cool! Clint ALSO has an LGBT neighbour. Those boys.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-29-2014 at 01:58 AM.

You never know, someone might make a gay character as great as kamala and then suddenly it's every bit a possibility!

Plus, why could Wiccan and hulking turn up?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Has there ever been any gay characters in the Fox X-Men movies? (I can't think of any off hand, butI've missed a few of the movies). I know the quality has been patchy, but there's a decent number of gay x-men/x-kids in the comics; and with Ian McKellan/Ellen Page/Bryan Singer all being LGBT, it would be a bit surprising if there was nothing.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    You never know, someone might make a gay character as great as kamala and then suddenly it's every bit a possibility!
    We can only hope. A legacy character would be our best shot; but who's legacy will fans accept a new LGBT character? Daken has been (somewhat) successful (though he gets plenty of hate too).

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Plus, why could Wiccan and hulking turn up?
    An animated Young Avengers is our best hope, but that's not in the pipeline (or even floating as an idea at Marvel, to my knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Has there ever been any gay characters in the Fox X-Men movies? (I can't think of any off hand, butI've missed a few of the movies). I know the quality has been patchy, but there's a decent number of gay x-men/x-kids in the comics; and with Ian McKellan/Ellen Page/Bryan Singer all being LGBT, it would be a bit surprising if there was nothing.
    The X-films are still very pro-LGBT. It's a clear theme in the films, and while we have no openly LGBT characters, we do have many actors and the director. So that is representation, which is still very pleasing to see. And the X-comics are consistently using LGBT characters. So we can take heart in that.

BANNED

lol kinda making excuses there Frost. No Explicitly LGBT characters in the X-movies and its not like they are short on viable options. I mean seriously how many movies has Mystique been in by this point

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    lol kinda making excuses there Frost. No Explicitly LGBT characters in the X-movies and its not like they are short on viable options. I mean seriously how many movies has Mystique been in by this point
    It is not making excuses; but it is still progress (far better than anything in the MCU). Please don't bring your dislike of the Xverse into this thread. That is NOT what this thread is about. We always say diversity must happen in front AND BEHIND the camera/page. And the Xfilms give us half of that. It is worth celebrating. Don't throw shade in a thread you rarely post in. You are better than that.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Thanks KF. If I ran Fox, I'd have Mystique meet a young Destiny on screen. (Pipe dream, I know). Since they changed Mystique's origin to make her younger, they could do it for Irene too; and I think the next film is likely to be Mystique centred. And one of the major themes of Mystique's story has been discovering, and accepting who she is, so why not go a little further with that. The metaphor in First Class was fairly clear.

And Destiny is an interesting character anyway. It could be interesting to see onscreen how a blind woman would deal with being a precog. (A bit like Daredevil, only done well.)
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 10-29-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Thanks KF. If I ran Fox, I'd have Mystique meet a young Destiny on screen. (Pipe dream, I know). Since they changed Mystique's origin to make her younger, they could do it for Irene too; and I think the next film is likely to be Mystique centred. And one of the major themes of Mystique's story has been discovering, and accepting who she is, so why not go a little further with that. The metaphor in First Class was fairly clear.

And Destiny is an interesting character anyway. It could be interesting to see onscreen how a blind woman would deal with being a precog. (A bit like Daredevil, only done well.)
    I really do hold hope that Destiny will be in X-men: Apocalypse. It's time for a superhero film to have an LGBT hero, and she'd be a good choice. It would be good seeing Mystique forming her own Brotherhood, with Destiny, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and a young Toad. That would be epic!

Considering there are rumors of a Beast/Mystique sex scene, I doubt Destiny will show up.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    So a great day for diversity in the MCU; but still no LGBT news for the MCU. No LGBT Avenger (thanks Hickman). Do you feel cheated? Ignored? An after-thought? An absence of thought? Positive that our time will come? Accustomed to getting ignored? Indifferent? Hopeful?

QUESTION: How do the LGBT posters feel?
    How about LGBTQS posters? As an S I do want positive role models for my son in the Mainstream.
    Just watching how giddy he got watching "How to Get Away with Murder" when they showed the gay sex scene made me happy. Not that a 17 year old liked the sex scene, but because it was shown on Network TV, ABC by the way, which is owned by Disney, who just happens to own Marvel.

So here is a Parent company showing same sex sex on the OTA (Over the Air) broadcast. Now tell me is that progress? Oh, in the 2 episodes I have watched, there were 2 sex scenes involving gay men, and a 3rd one implied where the guys states that it's his turn to give...We all chuckled over that one...
    Last edited by krazijoe; 10-29-2014 at 09:48 AM.

What's the S?
    Supporter?