View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 934 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4348348849249309319329339349359369379389449841034 ... LastLast
Results 13,996 to 14,010 of 16972
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I would agree, to the point of arguing: We don't speak of America's solo.

It had ONE THING that I liked about it, from a narrative standpoint, and even THAT got flubbed as the story progressed.
    I'm behind on the times... Help me out please. What about the story was flubbed?
    Last edited by Shreene; 04-23-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's sad that America has never had a solo.
    I wonder who Marvel would choose for a MAC solo(if that ever really happens)... I think they would want to go with a latina writer for obvious reasons, though I can't think of one in comics... Well they have been getting more novelists in comics recently anyway... Maybe someone like Gabby Rivera?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wonder who Marvel would choose for a MAC solo(if that ever really happens)... I think they would want to go with a latina writer for obvious reasons, though I can't think of one in comics... Well they have been getting more novelists in comics recently anyway... Maybe someone like Gabby Rivera?
    If they ever do go with someone not used to writing comics, like Gabby, hopefully they pair them with someone more experienced in the medium.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

When they say lead they just mean a main character on a team movie. The thing about Ikaris and Sersi was said before it was rumored that there was gonna be a gay character in the movie. Seriously, imagine if they made that Inhumans movie and decided to make, idk, Karnak gay. Would you be "But they say it's gonna focus on Black Bolt and Medusa!!!!" as a complaint? I just don't get it.
    Aside from choosing a director I never heard anything about The Eternals movie until I heard that Marvel was looking for an openly gay actor to play the "lead" male character. And that's what all the hype was built on, the idea that there was finally going to be a gay male "lead" character in one of these movies.

I certainly wouldn't mind there being a gay character in a smaller role or being less of a focus in the film, but what I briefly got my hopes up for was that the main character was finally going to be a gay man.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gay representation in a Marvel film -- or any film -- is such a tricky line to straddle.

The long and short is that someone, somewhere, within the community, is going to be unhappy. Because ONE figure/character/person cannot be expected to please and represent the full spectrum of the gay experience.
    Oh I definitely understand that, I know that no single character could possibly represent all of the gay community. And I don't care if the gay character is more masculine or feminine, what the character's age or ethnicity is exactly, I just want a gay character to be the star of the movie.

Yes, even a minor character will be a huge breakthrough in the industry but after all this time waiting for this to finally happen I don't want just a minor character. I want a gay superhero who's going to be the hero of the story, a gay superhero who's going to have legions of fans excited to see their next movie, a gay superhero who's gonna' be on t-shirts and merchandise.

But I realize that unfortunately that's all very unlikely. I realize that the best we're probably going to get is a gay character who just... exists. Because at least existing is better than what we've got so far, which is nothing.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing Adam Silvera on an America solo, assuming he's interested. I've also heard good things about C.B. Lee.

Shreene:

I would've quoted your post to reply, but somethings up with my PC or the site or whatever so I'm just opening a new post to answer your question about the flub I spoke of.

I found the explanation (in this book/title that we've collectively agreed never existed, ha ha ha) for why this super-powered-runaway-princess-from-a-parallel-pocket-dimension-all-female-society had acquired/adopted/embraced this specific-to-Earth-Latinx-culture/heritage. I thought it was pretty brilliant, really.

But then later on, it was revealed that her ancestry was tied to an actual Latinx-based/adjacent(?) PLANET(?) which kind of dulled the sparkle of that earlier "found family" concept. But that was routine, with this book that never existed, really. There were a LOT of nonsensical plot holes, narratives and jobbing.

Endgame spoilers.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4664vBW...jpg&name=small

spoilers:
    Apparently there is a minor confirmed LGBT character in the film. Doesn't sound like much though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Endgame spoilers.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4664vBW...jpg&name=small

spoilers:
    Apparently there is a minor confirmed LGBT character in the film. Doesn't sound like much though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's not even an actual Marvel character. It's just a random normal human talking about a date he went on with a guy where they both ended up crying because of survivors guilt from the snap. It's a very minor scene that can easily be cut out for russian and chinese audiances.

Other than that there is zero LGBT content. No previous rumours actually happen. No sightings of Billy or Teddy. Nothing. Disappointing, but not unexpected.
    end of spoilers
    #EmmaWasRight

I know, that's why I said "minor" character and cautioned that it didn't sound like much.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I know, that's why I said "minor" character and cautioned that it didn't sound like much.
    "Minor character" is far too generous a label.
    "Nothing character" is more like it. "Plot prop" even.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Definitely not surprised that one rumour about a certain gay character appearing in Endgame was fake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Definitely not surprised that one rumour about a certain gay character appearing in Endgame was fake.
    Well, it was fun for a little while to believe/have hope.

I had a hard time believing they were gonna pull the trigger on the Young Avengers this early.

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/statu...56421866049537

Well, at least we now know that same-sex loving men exist in the MCU. Yay?

Seriously, though, they did the baarrreee minimum. Color me shocked.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Well, at least we now know that same-sex loving men exist in the MCU. Yay?

Seriously, though, they did the baarrreee minimum. Color me shocked.
    What was that, I'm 90% sure I missed it.