View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 937 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4378378879279339349359369379389399409419479871037 ... LastLast
Results 14,041 to 14,055 of 16975

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Those would all be incredibly forced
    spoilers:
    How? Clint's family showed up for Stark's funeral, they met him once, I don't think Hank Pym or Janet ever did. Why not include Maria Rambeau?

The 2012 Time Heist included multiple references to Captain America's ass, and Loki glamoring as Steve to annoy people. Why not have him flirt with a guy in the process?

And the whole scene of Thor threatening some kid on Fortnite was incredibly forced, why not use it to give Korg some character development?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Everything about this sounds incredible!!
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

I am screaming, I cannot believe this is real. Preordering several copies.

Sounds terrible, but I'll hold of judgment untill I've read it.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Sounds terrible, but I'll hold of judgment untill I've read it.
    You made me spit out my bubble tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You made me spit out my bubble tea.
    I just don't see what Wiccan or Hulkling have to do with drag.
    It doesn't fit him or Teddy IMO.
    #EmmaWasRight

I'm... Curious, more than anything lol.

So, about Endgame: I watched the movie yesterday. Gay Joe Russo was... ok. It's obviously just a very minor thing, and I'm not all happy about it or anything. But I'm not mad either. It's not like there was a promise that Endgame would have LGBT representation... The recent comments and rumors and etc are more about future movies, Endgame was already shot since last year. It's the ending of this era of the MCU, that had no representation, and I don't think anyone should be expecting this to be the one where they really do something. I guess it's a smaaall first step.

Out of the suggestions for how it could be done better, yeah, I agree with some. Giving Valkyrie a girlfriend mainly(I don't see how Loki would be flirting being restrained with that thing on his mouth... And while Korg's sexuality being confirmed would be nice, I don't think it had any place on that dumb scene lol). I'm not gonna pat them in the back for it but I also feel like most complaints are a bit uncalled for. It's kinda like... We could have the movie with that scene or without. I guess I'm glad it was with it. But again, didn't make me feel any type of way(maybe I would have been slightly excited for a second in the cinema if I hadn't read that there was something like that, but the conclusion would be the same lol).

They're young gay men living in NYC. Drag brunch is a super fun thing that young gay men in NYC often go to. I don't think they'll be doing drag themselves, just attending. I also imagine while they've been off-duty the past couple years, they probably made other gay friends in the city and hang out at gay places i.e. gay bars where drag brunch happens. Especially if they've actually been aged up like the Death's Head mini suggests, this makes sense to me.

Out of laughter, out of laughter. But I agree, idk I’m apprehensive but hopefully it’s...readable? I used to follow Oliveira for a little bit, is this his first comic?

Well, I didn't even know what a "Drag brunch" was, but from a quick google I think you don't need to be in drag for it? lol I hope Loki is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Out of laughter, out of laughter. But I agree, idk I’m apprehensive but hopefully it’s...readable? I used to follow Oliveira for a little bit, is this his first comic?
    He's written a few small things before including a Steven Universe comic and one of the comics in the LGBT anthology Shout Out that just came out. This seems to be his first thing with Marvel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, I didn't even know what a "Drag brunch" was, but from a quick google I think you don't need to be in drag for it? lol I hope Loki is though.
    No you do not need to be in drag for it. You go to see actual, professional drag queens perform during brunch. Would be shook if Loki or one of the boys doesn't end up in drag at some point though. Loki is my best bet too lol.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Gay. So must conform to stereotypes.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I've been craving some new interactions between the boys and Loki, so I'm excited for this! Billy and Loki were actually really important to each other's journey during Gillen's Young Avengers, and it's kind of shocking to me that they haven't interacted ever since. Hopefully more writers will explore their relationship. There's a lot of potential there.

I disagree. We're talking about two young gay characters who have been established to be pop culture fanboys (remember the Game Of Thrones references during Gillen's run?). I have no hard time believing drag queens is a part of their interest, as drag queen culture has become pretty mainstream within overall pop culture. Plus, we don't even know the context of this. Maybe they end up on the drag brunch place because of x circumstances. Loki is involved, so anything could happen. I really don't think it's that much of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Same. I read ''drag brunch'' and just thought he meant drag as in something annoying, LOL. It wasn't until I saw the discussion here that I actually decided to look up and find out drag brunch is an actual thing with drag queens. And Loki doing drag could be funny, but I also think it could come off as a little problematic, since a lot of people tend to forget he also identifies as a woman. I fear that portraying him as a guy who dresses up like a woman might send the wrong message regarding his gender identity. Like Lady Loki is something ''he does for fun'' and not his actual self, when it's been established that this is not the case. Hopefully Oliveira will know how to portray this, if it is something that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Same. I read ''drag brunch'' and just thought he meant drag as in something annoying, LOL. It wasn't until I saw the discussion here that I actually decided to look up and find out drag brunch is an actual thing with drag queens. And Loki doing drag could be funny, but I also think it could come off as a little problematic, since a lot of people tend to forget he also identifies as a woman. I fear that portraying him as a guy who dresses up like a woman might send the wrong message regarding his gender identity. Like Lady Loki is something ''he does for fun'' and not his actual self, when it's been established that this is not the case. Hopefully Oliveira will know how to portray this, if it is something that happens.

I mean there's a long history of actual genderqueer and even transgender people who were involved in drag performances (such as Marsha P. Johnson), so I don't see that as inherently problematic unless it's literally played as "Loki is a man and it's funny that he's in women's clothing." Particularly when the last few years have been rather consistent in portraying Loki as genderfluid.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-03-2019 at 01:24 AM.