View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 939 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4398398899299359369379389399409419429439499891039 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,085 of 16973
    BANNED

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxP_OmVF...=1rwklxu97p2gj

Heinberg and Cheung are doing a new book this August. Could it be a new Young Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BxP_OmVF...=1rwklxu97p2gj

Heinberg and Cheung are doing a new book this August. Could it be a new Young Avengers?
    I don't think it's confirmed to be a new book

Speculation I've seen is that it's part of the Marvel 80th anniversary specials. Each creative team will probably only get a few pages

The leaker Roger Wardell is saying on Twitter that Guardians 3 will indeed feature Moondragon.
    https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/sta...21891586387968

He's pretty reputable since he leaked a lot of stuff about Endgame months in advance, including spoilers:
    Thor getting fat and a lot of the cameos from people like Crossbones, and even Cap fighting his past self
    end of spoilers. I know there were rumors/speculation Phyla-Vell might be in as well, so hopefully that comes true.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't think it's confirmed to be a new book

Speculation I've seen is that it's part of the Marvel 80th anniversary specials. Each creative team will probably only get a few pages
    Yeah, none of these are new books (at least that's what the speculation is leaning towards). Would be awesome for YA to be included in the collection in this way though.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Now the Russo brothers are saying that the gay character in Endgame is the MCU's first openly gay character, but not the first gay character and that the other character will be revealed as gay eventually.

So now the question is; who is it? And how are people going to react to this?

https://www.pride.com/geek/2019/5/09...cters-gay-soon

ok, so moslty ignoring the X-Men stuff since I haven't been keeping up with that (it sounds cringey tho) and on to my primary interest...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I've been craving some new interactions between the boys and Loki, so I'm excited for this! Billy and Loki were actually really important to each other's journey during Gillen's Young Avengers, and it's kind of shocking to me that they haven't interacted ever since. Hopefully more writers will explore their relationship. There's a lot of potential there.
    right?? And what I find interesting is that Loki right now is going through some stuff very similar to what Wiccan was going through, where he thinks the world may be better off without him, but is failing to take his own advice that he gave to Billy. So I'd like Billy to just like, spit the same stuff Loki said to him during YA right back at him. So while fun geeking out might be, well, fun, and I hope there is some of that, I kinda hope for more to it than just that, because Loki needs it, and it would tie into WotR better if it dealt with what he's going through after having been, you know, eaten and all (also lol, callback to YA there, where fake-Laufey told him and the others they'd be 'good for eating') which had to be a bit traumatic to put it mildly. So I doubt he's really in the mood for like, just chilling...

Same. I read ''drag brunch'' and just thought he meant drag as in something annoying, LOL. It wasn't until I saw the discussion here that I actually decided to look up and find out drag brunch is an actual thing with drag queens. And Loki doing drag could be funny, but I also think it could come off as a little problematic, since a lot of people tend to forget he also identifies as a woman. I fear that portraying him as a guy who dresses up like a woman might send the wrong message regarding his gender identity. Like Lady Loki is something ''he does for fun'' and not his actual self, when it's been established that this is not the case. Hopefully Oliveira will know how to portray this, if it is something that happens.
    Ok, so at least I am not alone in not knowing that was a thing... and uh, we actually just kinda went over that, sort of, in the Loki thread, where some people are very particular about how that aspect is portrayed (some, people in the thread, in a reasonable way, others not so much because they read too much into it) I know, we post novels at eachother in that thread, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    And how are people going to react to this?

https://www.pride.com/geek/2019/5/09...cters-gay-soon
    If the Endgame scene was any indication, with overwhelming "meh."

Valkyrie is in the comics, so, I mean I kind of just assumed she was in the movies as well, they just never got around to showing it beyond possibly vague hints during the flashback in Ragnarok. (so basically, I wouldn't find it surprising)
    Last edited by Raye; 05-09-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If the Endgame scene was any indication, with overwhelming "meh."
    That's mostly because the Endgame scene was a nameless minor character with like 2 lines of dialogue. This sounds more like a Dumbledore-esque case of "oh this character was gay all along", which has much more potential to get people riled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Valkyrie is in the comics, so, I mean I kind of just assumed she was in the movies as well, they just never got around to showing it beyond possibly vague hints during the flashback in Ragnarok. (so basically, I wouldn't find it surprising)
    I don't think it's Valkyrie because they apparently specifically say the character is gay (or perhaps they meant "queer" in general instead of homosexual specifically) and it sounds like the character has already been speculated by some people to be gay.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 05-09-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Maybe Carol then? I mean, she was basically dating Maria Rambeau before, and raising a child together... Plus, Brie Larson is kinda campaigning for a Valkyrie/Carol coupling.

Extraordinary Member

If they are going to bring a character who is gay in the comics into the MCU I am good with it. If they are going to take a character who is not gay in the comics and make them gay in the MCU then I am against it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    That's mostly because the Endgame scene was a nameless minor character with like 2 lines of dialogue. This sounds more like a Dumbledore-esque case of "oh this character was gay all along", which has much more potential to get people riled up.
    If it's not another worthless throwaway character then I guess Valkyrie is likely. Tessa Thompson has been pushing for it heavily and the character is both prominent enough that they'd get brownie points but not so big a deal that they'd actually risk spending money on an gay-fronted blockbuster. That's why as much sense as it'd make for it to be Carol Danvers and Maria, I don't see it happening so long as she's fronting her own billion dollar movie series.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If it's not another worthless throwaway character then I guess Valkyrie is likely. Tessa Thompson has been pushing for it heavily and the character is both prominent enough that they'd get brownie points but not so big a deal that they'd actually risk spending money on an gay-fronted blockbuster. That's why as much sense as it'd make for it to be Carol Danvers and Maria, I don't see it happening so long as she's fronting her own billion dollar movie series.
    And it's something they intended to incorporate to the character from the start, so it would basically just need the on-screen confirming that was cut from Ragnarok.

Get that pegasus riding fierce queen a lady to love and get her a crown!