View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 957 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 45785790794795395495595695795895996096196710071057 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,355 of 16971
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Age Of X-Man: X-Tremists #5 of 5 - multiple LGBT characters featured in this miniseries, written by an LGBT writer.

Marvel Rising #4 of 5 - America Chavez is part of the cast for this mini

Runaways #22

Superior Spider-Man #8 - the new West Coast Avengers guest star...including Miss America, Fuse and Alloy.

War Of The Realms #6 - the event concludes, and Loki returns

War Of The Realms: Uncanny X-Men #3 of 3 - Karma is part of the cast

Mr & Mrs X #12 - sadly this is the conclusion of the run for this very fun series. Maybe Thompson will get a chance to bring it back after Hickman's revamp event for the X-books is over.

Honourable mention to Fantastic Four #11. No actual LGBT content, but after the FF manage to deal with a strange crystal that was somehow turning people different rainbow colours, one of the civilians asks if they can bring it back for the Pride parade and Valeria says they'll ask the mayor.

Did I miss anything?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Iceman and Northstar.

And a bonus Kyle

Nice! Also cool that we're at a place where Marvel has too many LGBTQ characters to be covered in a mere 30 days. XD

Loved all of the character spotlights, Dante!!

Incredible Member

What infuriates me the most in the Grace story is that by not standing by its writer in front of bullying (he's been threatened with rape and murder!) Marvel is giving the harrassers a victory.
    And they will feel encouraged in their behaviour.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Iceman and Northstar.

And a bonus Kyle
    That last one was my fave. Very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    What infuriates me the most in the Grace story is that by not standing by its writer in front of bullying (he's been threatened with rape and murder!) Marvel is giving the harrassers a victory.
    And they will feel encouraged in their behaviour.
    I feel like now, more than ever, they are afraid to take a stand that could be seen as ''alienating part of your audience''. C.B. Cebulski seems to have zero backbone when it comes to dealing with trolls and haters. His Twitter replies are filled with the same people straight-up trashing and humiliating him and his work, and he doesn't even stand up for himself or block any of them. Marvel has to realize that Comicsgaters are not their allies, because they will never be satisfied with their publishing line as long as they dare to publish anything that's outside of their comfort zone. They will ever only stop hating on Marvel if they stop publishing characters like Miles Morales or Kamala Khan altogether, but we know that's not gonna happen. Those people are not loyal to Marvel and they shouldn't be pandered to. Honestly? I don't even think they bring in all of those sales that they claim Marvel is missing out on. Most of them only seem to ''read'' Marvel books through videos another comicsgater makes about them. There have been a couple of books that were actually praised by those gaters, like The Unbelievable Gwenpool and U.S.Avengers, and neither got a bump in sales because of them. As a matter of fact, both ended up cancelled anyway.

So, yeah, **** those guys. Marvel can absolutely do without them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That last one was my fave. Very cute!

I feel like now, more than ever, they are afraid to take a stand that could be seen as ''alienating part of your audience''. C.B. Cebulski seems to have zero backbone when it comes to dealing with trolls and haters. His Twitter replies are filled with the same people straight-up trashing and humiliating him and his work, and he doesn't even stand up for himself or block any of them. Marvel has to realize that Comicsgaters are not their allies, because they will never be satisfied with their publishing line as long as they dare to publish anything that's outside of their comfort zone. They will ever only stop hating on Marvel if they stop publishing characters like Miles Morales or Kamala Khan altogether, but we know that's not gonna happen. Those people are not loyal to Marvel and they shouldn't be pandered to. Honestly? I don't even think they bring in all of those sales that they claim Marvel is missing out on. Most of them only seem to ''read'' Marvel books through videos another comicsgater makes about them. There have been a couple of books that were actually praised by those gaters, like The Unbelievable Gwenpool and U.S.Avengers, and neither got a bump in sales because of them. As a matter of fact, both ended up cancelled anyway.

Look at some of the comments I had on the comment section (I'm Gwenaël Bernard, hello everybody!), they say Grace is a bad writer (something I honestlydon't have an opinion on, I haven't read enough of his work to voice an opinion!) as if being a bad writer was enough to get harrassed! There's something rotten in the realm of fandom.
    https://www.cbr.com/iceman-sina-grac...#leave-comment

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Absolutely. And the sad thing is, they wouldn't even have had to do anything as bold as condemn the Comicsgaters. All Cebulski & Co. needed to do was issue a statement of support for Grace and his work. And even that was too much.

As someone said earlier, it really does smack of Marvel being happy to take backpats from the general public for their seeming progressiveness, while being just as happy to leave the people actually producing the content to fend for themselves.

Incredible Member

And what does it say of a company that doesn't defend its employee when he's threatened with rape and murder?
    As I always say, you're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There's no middle ground on this.

It's made easier for Marvel to abdicate responsibility because the majority of their creatives are technically freelancers and not employees. That's not an excuse, but that's part of the line of logic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It's made easier for Marvel to abdicate responsibility because the majority of their creatives are technically freelancers and not employees. That's not an excuse, but that's part of the line of logic.
    Well, that's one of the problems of today, no responsability, no accountability. And people are suffering alone.

Karma and Psylocke.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A very light week last week!

Uncanny X-Men #21

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #46

I....think that might be everything. Did I miss anything?

Karolina and Nico.

Ha! Like the detail of the Van Dyne branding.