View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 964 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 46486491495496096196296396496596696796897410141064 ... LastLast
Results 14,446 to 14,460 of 16971

They basically made MCU Hela a composite character with Angela, so that'd be a bit weird. Unless they drop the angle of Angela being Thor and Loki's secret sister.

I still wish Angela's name wasn't... Angela. It's just strange for a characters codename to be a normal, commonplace, everyday name.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I really don't think it matters how long a character has been owned by Marvel. There have been rumours for a while that Marvel wants to make a movie about Kamala Khan and she hasn't been around for very long.

Also I'm pretty sure Marvel doesn't fully own the rights to Angela so I don't think they can include her in a movie. That might be a part of the reason why they basically took her backstory for Hela in Ragnarok.
    There's no indication that Marvel has anything less than full rights to Angela.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06...of-the-galaxy/

But, when I meant surreal, I mean metacontextually. Not that I was saying the recency of the character being in the Marvel universe would or should preclude them from MCU inclusion.

The fact that Angela wasn't created recently, but only incorporated into the Marvel universe, makes it seem stranger than a character created for Marvel originally. It was a surreal, random thing when Angela was initially bought by Marvel, after all.

I don't know if I really think of the MCU Hela as being much like Angela, aside from the secret sibling element. They've been open about how they modeled her powers after Gorr from God of Thunder run, so I imagine if they were drawing significant inspiration from Angela, we'd know it. The people behind Ragnarok were very honest about all the different stuff they took inspiration from.

Julie Power was in a back-up a back-up story in Fantastic Four #12 this week.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

More evidence: this Angelica Ross tweet describing herself as a ''superhero'' and tagging Marvel Studios. She also retweeted this, which is someone campaigning for her to get the reported role. Juding by this last retweet, I am wondering again if she has indeed gotten the part already or if she's merely lobbying for it. I actually hope that she's not hurting her chances by being so open about this on social media, 'cause like I said, Marvel likes to keep things under wrap until it's officially announced.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If Angela shows up in a Marvel movie, it'll be a little surreal to see a character Marvel has owned for less than a decade joining the MCU.
    I mean, that already happened with some characters (the Black Order on Infinity War/Endgame, Lash on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D and Auran on Inhumans), so I wouldn't be too shocked.

Also I'm pretty sure Marvel doesn't fully own the rights to Angela so I don't think they can include her in a movie. That might be a part of the reason why they basically took her backstory for Hela in Ragnarok.
    I don't see how Marvel wouldn't fully own her. Todd McFarlane lost her rights to Neil Gaiman in court. Neil sold those rights to Marvel. For all intents and purposes, she's their character now. Plus, Sera debuted and had most of her history established in an Angela title, so if they don't fully own that IP, wouldn't that mean the same could apply to Sera?

I don't know if I really think of the MCU Hela as being much like Angela, aside from the secret sibling element. They've been open about how they modeled her powers after Gorr from God of Thunder run, so I imagine if they were drawing significant inspiration from Angela, we'd know it. The people behind Ragnarok were very honest about all the different stuff they took inspiration from.
    Yeah, the ''lost sibling'' story is the only thing they really have in common. They could change the sister aspect of Angela's story and there's still a lot they could do with her in the MCU, exploring the tenth realm, the angels, her relationship with Sera, etc.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-01-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    More evidence: this Angelica Ross tweet describing herself as a ''superhero'' and tagging Marvel Studios. She also retweeted this, which is someone campaigning for her to get the reported role. Juding by this last retweet, I am wondering again if she has indeed gotten the part already or if she's merely lobbying for it. I actually hope that she's not hurting her chances by being so open about this on social media, 'cause like I said, Marvel likes to keep things under wrap until it's officially announced.

I don't see how Marvel wouldn't fully own her. Todd McFarlane lost her rights to Neil Gaiman in court. Neil sold those rights to Marvel. For all intents and purposes, she's their character now. Plus, Sera debuted and had most of her history established in an Angela title, so if they don't fully own that IP, wouldn't that mean the same could apply to Sera?
    Interesting. Her tweets really make it seem like she already has the part but we've seen that Marvel just recently put out a casting call for trans actresses. So it's possible that: A.) She already has the part. B.) She's lobbying to get the part (and possibly harming her chances by being so public about it). Or C.) There's actually two transgender roles (although I doubt the likelihood of that, honestly I'm pleasantly surprised that they're even looking for one trans superhero in the MCU).

I wasn't aware that Neil Gaiman had sold the rights to Marvel, thanks for clearing that up for me. I still think it's unlikely that they'd use Angela now though, but you never know.

On another note I did see someone on a gossip site claiming they knew "100%" that Brian Tyree Henry's character is going to be the gay character in The Eternals. I know it's just the word of a random person on the internet but because they seemed so confident of it and it matches with what those film journalists were hinting at earlier, I'm really starting to believe it's true. The only thing that confuses me about it is that Brian Tyree Henry doesn't really fit either of the casting calls for a gay character in this movie, but it's entirely possible that Marvel's plans for the gay character changed heavily over time. As always we just have to wait and see.

Update:
    I just found this site claiming that Ikaris is going to be gay in The Eternals. They simply say; One thing that’s been rumored for a while is that the film will feature an openly gay hero and now, We Got This Covered can confirm who it is. After hearing earlier this month that Valkyrie will be the MCU’s first LGBTQ superhero, sources have now told us that that honor will actually go to Ikaris in The Eternals, who’s being played by Richard Madden in the movie.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ernals-ikaris/

I have no idea how reliable this site is but I've heard people say it's not a very reputable site and simply claiming some unknown sources gave them this information doesn't seem particularly convincing to me. So take this with a grain of salt as well.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 08-01-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Really wished I liked the art more on it.

I don't really think she'd be hurting her chances; after all, Simu Liu just got cast as Shang-Chi after having lobbied for the part on Twitter.

She's definitely not helping her chances either, though.

I mean, that already happened with some characters (the Black Order on Infinity War/Endgame, Lash on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D and Auran on Inhumans), so I wouldn't be too shocked.
    I mean, I just think its a lot weirder because Angela isn't a recently created character, she's just only recently a Marvel character. That in-and-of-itself makes her case a strange one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Tong, the MtF Transgender Moloid, also showed up in said back up.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

On another note I did see someone on a gossip site claiming they knew "100%" that Brian Tyree Henry's character is going to be the gay character in The Eternals. I know it's just the word of a random person on the internet but because they seemed so confident of it and it matches with what those film journalists were hinting at earlier, I'm really starting to believe it's true. The only thing that confuses me about it is that Brian Tyree Henry doesn't really fit either of the casting calls for a gay character in this movie, but it's entirely possible that Marvel's plans for the gay character changed heavily over time. As always we just have to wait and see.

Update:
    I just found this site claiming that Ikaris is going to be gay in The Eternals. They simply say; One thing that’s been rumored for a while is that the film will feature an openly gay hero and now, We Got This Covered can confirm who it is. After hearing earlier this month that Valkyrie will be the MCU’s first LGBTQ superhero, sources have now told us that that honor will actually go to Ikaris in The Eternals, who’s being played by Richard Madden in the movie.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ernals-ikaris/

I have no idea how reliable this site is but I've heard people say it's not a very reputable site and simply claiming some unknown sources gave them this information doesn't seem particularly convincing to me. So take this with a grain of salt as well.
    I just saw that WGTC news and, in their defense, they also claim this was the same source who told them about Taskmaster being the villain of the Black Widow movie (which was true), and they posted the link of that report, which was from 4 months ago, when nobody really knew anything about the movie, so maaaybe they do have some reliable source? I really want to believe they are reliable, not just because of this Eternals info, but also because they were the ones who first reported the rumored Young Avengers movie/TV show, and needless to say I REALLY want that to be true.

I don't really think she'd be hurting her chances; after all, Simu Liu just got cast as Shang-Chi after having lobbied for the part on Twitter.

She's definitely not helping her chances either, though.
    I think with Simu Liu was a little different, though, because his tweet addressing Marvel was late last year, when there wasn't any active casting for the role yet. The actual casting for the role only happened recently, as it was revealed that he was cast only days before Comic-Con and, as far as I know, he wasn't being vocal about the casting process on social media when it was actually happening. The casting for the alleged trans character seems to be happening right now, so an actress being vocal about that process on social media could gather the kind of attention that Marvel might not want to whatever they're working on.

I just saw that WGTC news and, in their defense, they also claim this was the same source who told them about Taskmaster being the villain of the Black Widow movie (which was true), and they posted the link of that report, which was from 4 months ago, when nobody really knew anything about the movie, so maaaybe they do have some reliable source? I really want to believe they are reliable, not just because of this Eternals info, but also because they were the ones who first reported the rumored Young Avengers movie/TV show, and needless to say I REALLY want that to be true.
    I want to believe it's true as well, however Charles Murphy said on Reddit that WGTC is not reputable. He says that he first reported that Taskmaster would be the villain in Black Widow and they later claimed the same info, he says they don't have a legit source. Charles hasn't commented on who he thinks is the gay character though. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain America #12 - Toni Ho appeared in this issue, along with the rest of the Daughters of Liberty. Side note, there are a couple of pages of Steve Rogers walking around in nothing but a towel after a shower.

Death's Head #1 of 4 - Wiccan and Hulkling co-star in this miniseries, written by LGBT writer Tini Howard--who will also be writing Wiccan in the upcoming STRIKEFORCE series.

Fantastic Four #12 - Julie Power and Tong both appear in the back-up story setting up the new FUTURE FOUNDATION series starting next week.

Runaways #23

And for the wait-for-trade crowd there are also a few of note:
    DEADPOOL vol.2 of the Skottie Young run

INCREDIBLE HERCULES COMPLETE COLLECTION vol.1

SPIDER-GIRL COMPLETE COLLECTION vol.2 - Felicia Hardy is shown married to a woman in the future universe of the SPIDER-GIRL series.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN Vol.1 "Full Otto" - Gypsy Moth/Skein is a recurring supporting character in this run, as is Max Modell although he isn't seen much in the first arc.

X-23 vol.2 "X-Assassin"

Did I miss anything?

Incredible Member

Venom annual had Eddie Brock stipped down to his boxer shorts, is it just me or does he just always look really amazing when he's like that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Venom annual had Eddie Brock stipped down to his boxer shorts, is it just me or does he just always look really amazing when he's like that?
    Brock always was meant to be a very muscular, well built man even before gaining the symbiote.

They really need to put hardy in boxers when he eventually teams up with Holland’s Spider-man

Another website is claiming that Richard Madden is playing the gay character in The Eternals, this time it's gay news site Queerty.
    https://www.queerty.com/marvels-firs...actor-20190806

They flat-out claim; Marvel Studios has ended the suspense and announced both the identity of the first openly gay character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the actor that will play him on screen in The Eternals. However there hasn't been any official confirmation from Marvel yet so I'm shocked that they would post this. This made me think two things: 1.) It's gonna' be real awkward if Madden isn't playing the gay character. And 2.) Is this libel? Like can they be sued for a false statement like this?