View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 966 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 46686691695696296396496596696796896997097610161066 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,490 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    In the pride episode of the women of marvel podcast they talked about some great reasons to reveal Mystique as trans. That would be really interesting especially since it looks like marvel studios are looking to cast a trans person soon
    huh? that wouldn't make sense she's a shape-shifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Will this be a younger hotter alternate reality Irene Adler or the old worn out Irene Adler?
    Hopefully its the old, creepy version

Before her powers kicked in with puberty

BANNED

In the pride episode of the women of marvel podcast they talked about some great reasons to reveal Mystique as trans. That would be really interesting especially since it looks like marvel studios are looking to cast a trans person soon
    Before her powers kicked in with puberty
    I wonder if Sabertooth knew...
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-14-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Mighty Member

Waid and Rodriguez does what decades of Marvel did not

It's really cool that Waid worked a display of LGBTQ romance into the history of the MU, but not really a huge deal for the characters themselves. Even putting aside Claremont having a broader vocab than his editor way back when, Irene and Raven have been a confirmed couple for a while now - Carey called Destiny the love of Raven's life ages ago, Tynion had them as a couple, Liu had Rogue outright wonder if her mothers being able to marry would have kept everything from falling apart, and so on. Still nice to see, though.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I did it you guys, I swear I have it all figured out this time. Hear me out, hear me out.

1.) "Karen" was ALWAYS going to be Sersi. "Karen" is the main character of the film, there's no way that the main character of The Eternals was going to be an ordinary human who discovers the Eternals. That would be like Jane Foster being the main character of the first Thor movie instead of Thor.

2.) This gives further credence to my theory that the "Karen" and "Greek God" characters that were at the top of the casting call were in fact supposed to be Sersi and Ikaris who were listed lower down on the casting sheet.

3.) I still contend that the "Greek God" character was supposed to be the gay character because what little info there was about both characters matched. They were asking for the exact same age range and looking for someone who "physically looks like a superhero", as in like a Greek God.

4.) In early April openly gay actor Brian Jordan Alvarez confirmed in an interview with the gay news website Queerty that he had auditioned for a role in The Eternals. Considering that Marvel was in fact looking for openly gay actors it's very likely that he was auditioning for the role of the gay superhero. However Brian Jordan Alvarez was ultimately not cast in the film.

5.) On May 6th the Russo brothers do an interview with SiriusXM and Joe Russo says; "There is a gay character coming up in one of their films." So when will we know about said character? Joe continued by saying, "I think Kevin [Feige] will make that announcement, I'm sure, pretty soon." Note how he says "pretty soon"? Also on May 6th was the 2019 MET Gala where Richard Madden got a phone call and first learned he had got the role in The Eternals. Coincidence? I think not.

7.) Marvel was also looking for openly gay or bisexual Asian actors to play the role of "James", described as; “intellectual, emotional, and has a strong sense of family.” Despite the fact that they were looking for Asian actors I believe they ultimately did not cast an Asian actor for this role. When they cast so far was revealed at comic-con it was shown that some of their casting decisions were different than what they were originally looking for. As I have said before the description for "James" matches with the character of Phastos and how Phastos has been described by the actor playing him, Brian Tyree Henry. And the character of Phastos was never mentioned in the original casting calls for The Eternals. There has also been rumours that Brian Tyree Henry will be playing a gay character in this movie.

8.) Assuming that I am correct that Brian Tyree Henry was cast as "James" it's possible that Marvel still wanted to cast an Asian actor in this movie which supports the theory that Asian actress Gemma Chan was cast as Sersi. As has been noted Chan already played a small role in Captain Marvel but has been re-hired by Marvel to be in this film. I highly doubt that they would cast her again just for another small role and I believe it's much more likely that she's playing Sersi.

9.) In the end I have come to the conclusion that "Karen" is Sersi, played by Gemma Chan. The "Greek God" is Ikaris, played by Richard Madden. And "James" is Phastos, played by Brian Tyree Henry. However this is all just my theory it may not turn out to be 100% correct.

10.) After weeks of obsessively scouring the internet for every possible sliver of information about this movie's casting process I finally figured it all out and all withoutlosingmysanityPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 08-16-2019 at 03:27 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

LOL, I hope they just announce who the gay character(s) is(are) already on D23 this upcoming weekend so you can finally rest, MOM.

In other news, something that just made my day: it looks like that X-drag act from ''My Drag Brunch With Loki'' was recreated in real life, and I'M LIVING FOR IT! Just disappointed that apparently no one played Emma Frost with the fluttering cape, which was arguably the best background moment from that issue.

That Cyclops, though?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    LOL, I hope they just announce who the gay character(s) is(are) already on D23 this upcoming weekend so you can finally rest, MOM.
    You and me both. At least D23 is coming soon.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Loki #2

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #47

Symbiote Spider-Man #5 of 5 - Black Cat was part of this miniseries.

Gwenpool Strikes Back #1 of 5 - written by Leah Williams. Is Gwen bisexual? I seem to recall reading something that implied it.

Did I miss anything? Seems like a pretty light week. I suppose I could also mention Mephisto's appearance in DR. STRANGE but Mephisto's sexuality is so rarely relevant to anything I don't generally bother.

For the wait-for-trade crowd, the final arc of ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and the first arc of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY were both released, as was "The Hunted" arc of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN which featured Black Cat. And the final arc of the MR & MRS X series that starred Gambit (and Rogue).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Gwenpool Strikes Back #1 of 5 - written by Leah Williams. Is Gwen bisexual? I seem to recall reading something that implied it.
    It was Leah herself who implied it on social media, but it's still yet to be seen if it will translate to anything canon on-page.

They’re finally doing Northstar in Marvel Legends.

BANNED

What?!? No Dr. Walter (Sasquatch) Langkowski?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    What?!? No Dr. Walter (Sasquatch) Langkowski?
    He just got a Build-A-Figure last year. The Canadian infiltrator at Hasbro has accomplished the mission.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He just got a Build-A-Figure last year. The Canadian infiltrator at Hasbro has accomplished the mission.
    Not until I have Talisman and Marrina figures in my grubby hands

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They’re finally doing Northstar in Marvel Legends.

Pre-ordered this morning. XD Does make me wonder if there's something in the works for the team, or if it's just coincidence. We've had the reprint, the one-shot, and now the action figure push. Probably coincidence, but one can hope.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 08-23-2019 at 06:50 PM.