View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
743. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

    26 3.50%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

    12 1.62%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

    20 2.69%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

    42 5.65%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

    36 4.85%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

    40 5.38%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

    43 5.79%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

    64 8.61%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

    39 5.25%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

    109 14.67%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

    60 8.08%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

    21 2.83%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

    37 4.98%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

    46 6.19%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

    148 19.92%
Page 969 of 976 FirstFirst ... 469869919959965966967968969970971972973 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,535 of 14637
  1. #14521
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,334

    Default

    I feel like it's still too early to make up so many assumptions tbh. Again we don't even know for sure who it is. Also can someone link where did they say the character was married?

  2. #14522
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like it's still too early to make up so many assumptions tbh. Again we don't even know for sure who it is. Also can someone link where did they say the character was married?
    https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1165347162667929600

    It's from an interview that Kevin Feige did with Good Morning America. The full interview hasn't been released yet, I'm not familiar with GMA's schedule but I assume Monday is probably when it'll get released. Hopefully Feige confirms who the gay character is in this interview.

  3. #14523
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Richard Madden isn't that old, he's still in his early 30's. But I get what you're saying.

    We don't know he's playing the gay character though, do we? i thought it was Phastos who was the favourite to be the gay dude?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  4. #14524
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    We don't know he's playing the gay character though, do we? i thought it was Phastos who was the favourite to be the gay dude?
    Most people believe it's going to be Richard Madden, but it's unconfirmed. There has been a rumour that it's going to be Phastos but at this point I don't know what to believe.

  5. #14525
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1165347162667929600

    It's from an interview that Kevin Feige did with Good Morning America. The full interview hasn't been released yet, I'm not familiar with GMA's schedule but I assume Monday is probably when it'll get released. Hopefully Feige confirms who the gay character is in this interview.
    Thanks. Anyway as long as he and his husband make a cute couple I don't mind a married gay character.

  6. #14526
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Think Madden’s going to officially come out near the film opening to boost press?

  7. #14527
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,835

    Default

    He's private about his personal life, so probably not.

  8. #14528
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    The Week In Gay:

    Death's Head #2 of 4 - more Wiccan and Hulkling

    Fearless #2 of 4 - Honey Badger appeared in the 3rd story. And the main feature is written by Seanan McQuire

    Guardians Of The Galaxy #8 - Most of the issue is spent revealing what is going on with Rocket, but Moondragon is involved with that flashback sequence. Phyla has no dialogue but does appear for a few pages at the end of the issue.

    History Of The Marvel Universe #2 of 6 - in addition to the Mystique/Destiny page that already got attention in the First Looks, this issue also touches on some other LGBT heroes like Mighty Destroyer and Union Jack II and their role in founding the V-Battalion.

    Superior Spider-Man #10 - Max Modell appears in this issue and helps Otto track down the villain trying to ruin his new life.

    Deadpool Annual #1 - another Acts Of Evil story with Deadpool vs Nightmare

    Absolute Carnage Vs Deadpool #1 of 3

    Jane Foster: Valkyrie #2 - Brunhilde and Lisa Halloran are both supporting players in this series, although I didn't spot either of them in my flip-through of this particular issue.

    Did I miss anything?

  9. #14529
    Dorky Person Charmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    I like the idea of an openly gay character who is married to someone of the same-sex and has children with that person, but I'm conflicted because I also like single gay characters who are either dippin and doin it, or just going about their lives. While I think the former can be tolerable for segments of the population, there are many heterosexuals, both male and female, who absolutely detest the idea of gays being able to marry and have kids (whether through adoption, in vitro, or from previous relationships). So, it definitely wouldn't be a total-win. Speaking personally, I'm keeping my expectations severely low. Though a same-sex kiss would be nice, and would probably send a great many into a frenzy, my gut instinct is telling me we're likely to get a bro-ish hug with a bit more oomph.

    Sorry for the negativity. I try (and fail, admittedly lol) to be positive about most things, but I'm crossing my arms at the MCU and LGBT+ representation. I would love to be wrong and maybe I will be.

    "You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

    "Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

    "You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

  10. #14530
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    There are a variety of homosexual relationship types, and certainly no "one size fits all".
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  11. #14531
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Think Madden’s going to officially come out near the film opening to boost press?
    Because there's no openly gay actor in The Eternals but Marvel was looking for a gay actor to play the role people have been speculating that whoever is playing the gay character is going to come out to promote the film. So we'll see, it's a possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He's private about his personal life, so probably not.
    If he is indeed playing the gay character then he's probably going to get asked a lot of questions like; "what does it mean to you to play the first gay superhero?", "do you feel a responsibility to represent for the gay community?" and stuff like that, so it'd be interesting to see how he responds to stuff like that if he's still trying to keep his sexuality ambiguous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I like the idea of an openly gay character who is married to someone of the same-sex and has children with that person, but I'm conflicted because I also like single gay characters who are either dippin and doin it, or just going about their lives. While I think the former can be tolerable for segments of the population, there are many heterosexuals, both male and female, who absolutely detest the idea of gays being able to marry and have kids (whether through adoption, in vitro, or from previous relationships). So, it definitely wouldn't be a total-win. Speaking personally, I'm keeping my expectations severely low. Though a same-sex kiss would be nice, and would probably send a great many into a frenzy, my gut instinct is telling me we're likely to get a bro-ish hug with a bit more oomph.

    Sorry for the negativity. I try (and fail, admittedly lol) to be positive about most things, but I'm crossing my arms at the MCU and LGBT+ representation. I would love to be wrong and maybe I will be.
    Honestly this is very similar to how I feel as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    There are a variety of homosexual relationship types, and certainly no "one size fits all".
    Yeah. While I understand where people are coming from when they say that gay married couples are in a "hetero-normative" relationship it still bothers me a bit because some gay people just want to be married and accusing them of "mimicing" straight people often feels like a way of valuing certain types of relationships over others, which is ironically what homophobic people do to gay people.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 08-25-2019 at 10:31 PM.

  12. #14532
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Speaking of Teddy-- I really want my boyfriend and I to be Teddy and Billy for SDCC next year. Look at my Instagram below to see what we look like. I don't know! What do y'all think?
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella


  13. #14533
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Because there's no openly gay actor in The Eternals but Marvel was looking for a gay actor to play the role people have been speculating that whoever is playing the gay character is going to come out to promote the film. So we'll see, it's a possibility.


    If he is indeed playing the gay character then he's probably going to get asked a lot of questions like; "what does it mean to you to play the first gay superhero?", "do you feel a responsibility to represent for the gay community?" and stuff like that, so it'd be interesting to see how he responds to stuff like that if he's still trying to keep his sexuality
    he's playing Ikaris... Im not sure what is ambiguous about him publicly dating several 'famous' chicks. And i doubt he'd be asked any of those questions anyway...itz not like the gay character is the solo star if the movie+ Unless they change a buncha stuff the Eternals wouldn't be tge right franchise to debut MCUs "FIRST GAY SUPERHERO"guess we're forgetting Valkyrie ot NTW) I could be wrong if Madden comes out to promote the movie....that just gives me all kinds of icky vibes







    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yeah. While I understand where people are coming from when they say that gay married couples are in a "hetero-normative" relationship it still bothers me a bit because some gay people just want to be married and accusing them of "mimicing" straight people often feels like a way of valuing certain types of relationships over others, which is ironically what homophobic people do to gay people.
    well they kinda are everyone is... marriage is a learned trait. lol And I don't think the poster was implying real life gay marriages are hetero normative but Hollywood sometimes takes a fringe community and forces them into a box to present to their audience. Being suspicious of how a hypothetical gay relationship is gonna be portrayed on screen is mo where near in the same level as a homophobe reaction to a Queer person

  14. #14534
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1165347162667929600

    It's from an interview that Kevin Feige did with Good Morning America. The full interview hasn't been released yet, I'm not familiar with GMA's schedule but I assume Monday is probably when it'll get released. Hopefully Feige confirms who the gay character is in this interview.
    Oh, so the full interview's not out yet? I assumed it was and that quote was just the most relevant part. But if there's possibly more he said about the subject, hopefully there's a bigger hint or confirmation as to who the character is.

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Speaking of Teddy-- I really want my boyfriend and I to be Teddy and Billy for SDCC next year. Look at my Instagram below to see what we look like. I don't know! What do y'all think?
    You should totally do it! More Wiccan & Hulkling cosplays are always welcome.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-26-2019 at 01:27 AM.

  15. #14535
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    he's playing Ikaris... Im not sure what is ambiguous about him publicly dating several 'famous' chicks. And i doubt he'd be asked any of those questions anyway...itz not like the gay character is the solo star if the movie+ Unless they change a buncha stuff the Eternals wouldn't be tge right franchise to debut MCUs "FIRST GAY SUPERHERO"guess we're forgetting Valkyrie ot NTW) I could be wrong if Madden comes out to promote the movie....that just gives me all kinds of icky vibes

    well they kinda are everyone is... marriage is a learned trait. lol And I don't think the poster was implying real life gay marriages are hetero normative but Hollywood sometimes takes a fringe community and forces them into a box to present to their audience. Being suspicious of how a hypothetical gay relationship is gonna be portrayed on screen is mo where near in the same level as a homophobe reaction to a Queer person
    Well they've already confirmed that The Eternals is going to have the first gay superhero in the MCU, so apparently Marvel has decided this is the right franchise to do it in. Also I'm not forgetting Valkyrie or Negasonic, I'm just talking about the first gay male superhero, Valkyrie is bi (and they cut the scene confirming her sexuality anyway) and Negasonic is a lesbian. This is the first time there's going to be a male queer superhero in a mainstream superhero movie.

    As for Richard Madden's sexuality he's been heavily rumoured to be dating a man right now and when asked about it in an interview he refused to confirm or deny it so that's ambiguity right there. Yes he has dated actresses before but that doesn't really mean anything in Hollywood, closeted actors date beards all the time and at least one of his ex-girlfriends is rumoured to be a beard herself. And he might be bisexual and come out as bi.

    As for the thing about relationships what I was saying is that homophobic people don't view same-sex relationships as being "real", not in the way heterosexual relationships are and quite frankly there are some queer people who feel the same way, they don't see monogamous same-sex relationships as legitimate and look down their noses at queer people who engage in them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, so the full interview's not out yet? I assumed it was and that quote was just the most relevant part. But if there's possibly more he said about the subject, hopefully there's a bigger hint or confirmation as to who the character is.
    I haven't seen if the full interview has been released yet, but I have seen some entertainment sites are talking about the interview and mentioned that he doesn't name the character and that the character's identity hasn't been revealed yet.

    At this point I seriously think we are waiting for whoever the actor is to come out.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •