View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

    26 3.49%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ĎRoxyí Washington]

    12 1.61%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

    20 2.68%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

    43 5.77%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ĎTeddyí Altman]

    36 4.83%
  • KARMA [Xiían Coy Mahn]

    40 5.37%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

    43 5.77%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

    64 8.59%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

    39 5.23%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

    109 14.63%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

    60 8.05%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

    21 2.82%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

    37 4.97%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

    46 6.17%
  • WICCAN [William ĎBillyí Kaplan], the Demiurge

    149 20.00%
Page 970 of 980 FirstFirst ... 470870920960966967968969970971972973974 ... LastLast
Results 14,536 to 14,550 of 14699
  1. #14536
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Well they've already confirmed that The Eternals is going to have the first gay superhero in the MCU, so apparently Marvel has decided this is the right franchise to do it in.
    Ah I was tipsy at a party when i commented lol But im not sure tge actor will be getting the kinda hard hittin questions you mention.IItll be different if it was a film like irin man....Vatman etc. it's an ensemble cast kinda weak sauce from the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Also I'm not forgetting Valkyrie or Negasonic, I'm just talking about the first gay male superhero, Valkyrie is bi (and they cut the scene confirming her sexuality anyway) and Negasonic is a lesbian. This is the first time there's going to be a male queer superhero in a mainstream superhero movie.
    Ah ok ok ok

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    As for Richard Madden's sexuality he's been heavily rumoured to be dating a man right now and when asked about it in an interview he refused to confirm or deny it so that's ambiguity right there. Yes he has dated actresses before but that doesn't really mean anything in Hollywood, closeted actors date beards all the time and at least one of his ex-girlfriends is rumoured to be a beard herself. And he might be bisexual and come out as bi.
    He's living with an out gay actor after playing Elton Johns lover not sure if that's a good replacement beard or not lol. But why would he confirm or deny the rumors and potentially alienate some of his fan base? not very ambiguous IMHO just Hollywood being slightly clever
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    As for the thing about relationships what I was saying is that homophobic people don't view same-sex relationships as being "real", not in the way heterosexual relationships are and quite frankly there are some queer people who feel the same way, they don't see monogamous same-sex relationships as legitimate and look down their noses at queer people who engage in them.
    I doubt it's specifically queer relationships these gays look down on but monogamous relationships in general gay or straight. Personally i don't get it buut hey I don't ask and they dont Tell how it works lol

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    At this point I seriously think we are waiting for whoever the actor is to come out.
    Gah that may suck so hard for the actor if it's true. I imagine it could take significant coaxing from Marvel studios, his agent or whoever the actor's has as his 'handlers" He's potentially eliminating himself from being cast in Future projects. a lotta people's coming out is unpleasant in the beginning fear of being rejected running worst case scenarios over in their minds, and that's just coming out to friends family maybe co-workers now add to that anxiety the legions of fans eagerly awaiting the announcement. not an enviable position to be in.Anyway Marvel was so loud about finding an openly gay actor for the role and the silence since the cast was announced they obviously failed. Cool if he does come out but id be stoked if his character is openly gay in the film the coming out to promote a movie is beyond problematic

  2. #14537
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ah I was tipsy at a party when i commented lol But im not sure tge actor will be getting the kinda hard hittin questions you mention.IItll be different if it was a film like irin man....Vatman etc. it's an ensemble cast kinda weak sauce from the MCU.

    He's living with an out gay actor after playing Elton Johns lover not sure if that's a good replacement beard or not lol. But why would he confirm or deny the rumors and potentially alienate some of his fan base? not very ambiguous IMHO just Hollywood being slightly clever

    I doubt it's specifically queer relationships these gays look down on but monogamous relationships in general gay or straight. Personally i don't get it buut hey I don't ask and they dont Tell how it works lol

    Gah that may suck so hard for the actor if it's true. I imagine it could take significant coaxing from Marvel studios, his agent or whoever the actor's has as his 'handlers" He's potentially eliminating himself from being cast in Future projects. a lotta people's coming out is unpleasant in the beginning fear of being rejected running worst case scenarios over in their minds, and that's just coming out to friends family maybe co-workers now add to that anxiety the legions of fans eagerly awaiting the announcement. not an enviable position to be in.Anyway Marvel was so loud about finding an openly gay actor for the role and the silence since the cast was announced they obviously failed. Cool if he does come out but id be stoked if his character is openly gay in the film the coming out to promote a movie is beyond problematic
    An openly gay superhero solo film isn't going to happen for a loooooong time, so it's not surprising that the first gay superhero is going to be in an ensemble film. And I do think whoever is playing the gay character is going to get asked about the significance of playing the first gay superhero in the MCU. The first gay superhero is a big deal, I don't think it's too much of a hard-hitting question to ask about the significance of that.

    I get what you're saying about those people looking down on monogamous relationships in general. I just believe that if gay people want to be in a monogamous relationship then that's fine and they shouldn't have to deal with other people criticizing their relationship, especially from other queer people.

    Now as for the whole actor coming out to promote the film thing. We know that Marvel wanted an openly gay actor to play this role, they were auditioning gay actors and whoever accepted the role almost certainly is aware of that. I've seen people express a lot of unease over this subject but I don't think it's Marvel "forcing" anyone out of the closet if the actor agreed to sign-on for the role knowing what was expected. If Marvel wants an openly gay actor to play the character and you're a gay actor who doesn't want to come out of the closet then you shouldn't have taken that role. Quite frankly I wish Marvel had cast an openly gay actor to play the role, it would certainly be a lot simpler than waiting for whichever actor they did cast to come out while people debate the ethics of this situation.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 08-26-2019 at 03:24 PM.

  3. #14538
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    An openly gay superhero solo film isn't going to happen for a loooooong time, so it's not surprising that the first gay superhero is going to be in an ensemble film. And I do think whoever is playing the gay character is going to get asked about the significance of playing the first gay superhero in the MCU. The first gay superhero is a big deal, I don't think it's too much of a hard-hitting question to ask about the significance of that.

    I get what you're saying about those people looking down on monogamous relationships in general. I just believe that if gay people want to be in a monogamous relationship then that's fine and they shouldn't have to deal with other people criticizing their relationship, especially from other queer people.

    Now as for the whole actor coming out to promote the film thing. We know that Marvel wanted an openly gay actor to play this role, they were auditioning gay actors and whoever accepted the role almost certainly is aware of that. I've seen people express a lot of unease over this subject but I don't think it's Marvel "forcing" anyone out of the closet if the actor agreed to sign-on for the role knowing what was expected. If Marvel wants an openly gay actor to play the character and you're a gay actor who doesn't want to come out of the closet then you shouldn't have taken that role. Quite frankly I wish Marvel had cast an openly gay actor to play the role, it would certainly be a lot simpler than waiting for whichever actor they did cast to come out while people debate the ethics of this situation.
    Hi! I hope you guys donít mind me popping into the conversation, I know this might be going to sound like a bit of an odd ask 🙈

    But I just stumbled across this discussion today while I was looking for any new info on who will be the mystery gay character in Eternals (I feel you on researching for any tidbits, though from what I read (obviously havenít read loads of the thread as I just stumbled upon it today and was reading backwards 😆 But I did read more pages than I really had time to! 😁 as I found it very interesting) you have been way more successful at turning up bits of info on it than me!)

    Anyway, what Iím actually messaging you to ask is, please would you be able to link me to the twitter account of the film critic on twitter who said ď"it's a supporting role, always has been" in response to Angelinaís casting and was hinting about Phastos? I ask because I remember coming across that tweet, the one about Angelinaís role being a supporting one, and with all the people claiming to KNOW the mystery character is going to be Ikaris since Kit Hís casting and D23 Iíve been trying to remember lately who it was because they seemed to have more actual knowledge than most of the tweets Iím seeing, and I was SO annoyed at myself for not following them at the time. I had given up on finding who it was actually, so I couldnít believe it when I saw you reference that tweet! 😁

    (Sorry, I know this is coming out of the blue, and I hope itís not seeming too odd! 😆 )

    Also, apologies if this has been posted and I missed it, but to try and contribute to the thread a very small bit, there's a small snippet from the interview about the mystery character in this clip with Kevin Feige saying saying the gay storyline is a sweet and important part of his story.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa0d02Nwjuk

  4. #14539
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Hi! I hope you guys don’t mind me popping into the conversation, I know this might be going to sound like a bit of an odd ask ��

    But I just stumbled across this discussion today while I was looking for any new info on who will be the mystery gay character in Eternals (I feel you on researching for any tidbits, though from what I read (obviously haven’t read loads of the thread as I just stumbled upon it today and was reading backwards �� But I did read more pages than I really had time to! �� as I found it very interesting) you have been way more successful at turning up bits of info on it than me!)

    Anyway, what I’m actually messaging you to ask is, please would you be able to link me to the twitter account of the film critic on twitter who said “"it's a supporting role, always has been" in response to Angelina’s casting and was hinting about Phastos? I ask because I remember coming across that tweet, the one about Angelina’s role being a supporting one, and with all the people claiming to KNOW the mystery character is going to be Ikaris since Kit H’s casting and D23 I’ve been trying to remember lately who it was because they seemed to have more actual knowledge than most of the tweets I’m seeing, and I was SO annoyed at myself for not following them at the time. I had given up on finding who it was actually, so I couldn’t believe it when I saw you reference that tweet! ��

    (Sorry, I know this is coming out of the blue, and I hope it’s not seeming too odd! �� )

    Also, apologies if this has been posted and I missed it, but to try and contribute to the thread a very small bit, there's a small snippet from the interview about the mystery character in this clip with Kevin Feige saying saying the gay storyline is a sweet and important part of his story.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa0d02Nwjuk
    I don't mind you popping into the conversation at all, in fact I greatly appreciate it.

    The film critic I mentioned earlier is Gregory Ellwood. https://twitter.com/TheGregoryE I don't know how much inside information he had but he was one of the few people who was not surprised to hear that Angelina is not playing Sersi and is in a supporting role instead. He's the one who seemed to suggest that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character, if I was interpreting his hints correctly. Again I'm basing that mostly on a smiley face emoji, lol.

    Thank you very much for linking that extended clip, I had not seen that before and it suggests two things to me:
    1.) If the gay character is Ikaris then I doubt his family gets fridged like in the comics if Feige is referring to the character's family as being "a very sweet part of his story".
    2.) Feige saying the gay character's storyline is "an important part of the movie", highly suggests that the character isn't a minor character that's only in a couple scenes which sounds more like it'll be Ikaris than Phastos.

    I also noticed someone on twitter pointing out that it's a bit suspicious that Richard Madden hasn't been talking much about his character in interviews.

  5. #14540
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Also, apologies if this has been posted and I missed it, but to try and contribute to the thread a very small bit, there's a small snippet from the interview about the mystery character in this clip with Kevin Feige saying saying the gay storyline is a sweet and important part of his story.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa0d02Nwjuk
    Not just his story, but an important part of the movie, he claims. That's... interesting. Let's hope they can keep that promise.

  6. #14541

    Default

    Well, MAC had a page in Marvel Comics #1000 that did more for the character than her entire solo series, so yay! (Who? Me? Bitter? Nonsense!)

    Also, the YA page was really cool, but not what we'd been speculating. spoilers:
    Eli is back with the team, but they weren't celebrating Billy and Ted's wedding.
    end of spoilers

    This Week's Comics:Animosity #24, X-Men #1, Ignition v. 1

  7. #14542
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I don't mind you popping into the conversation at all, in fact I greatly appreciate it.

    The film critic I mentioned earlier is Gregory Ellwood. https://twitter.com/TheGregoryE I don't know how much inside information he had but he was one of the few people who was not surprised to hear that Angelina is not playing Sersi and is in a supporting role instead. He's the one who seemed to suggest that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character, if I was interpreting his hints correctly. Again I'm basing that mostly on a smiley face emoji, lol.

    Thank you very much for linking that extended clip, I had not seen that before and it suggests two things to me:
    1.) If the gay character is Ikaris then I doubt his family gets fridged like in the comics if Feige is referring to the character's family as being "a very sweet part of his story".
    2.) Feige saying the gay character's storyline is "an important part of the movie", highly suggests that the character isn't a minor character that's only in a couple scenes which sounds more like it'll be Ikaris than Phastos.

    I also noticed someone on twitter pointing out that it's a bit suspicious that Richard Madden hasn't been talking much about his character in interviews.
    Thank you so much! Both for the kind welcome to my popping in and for the name (and not minding my odd ask 😆 )

    Itís great to know who it was- with all the guesses being presented as fact on twitter itís hard to know who really KNOWS anything, but I get the sense he probably knows at least a bit more, or has a better sense of whatís going on, than most of the accounts Iím coming across. I was so annoyed at myself for not following at the time, and Iíd tried a couple of twitter searches but of course had come up with nothing, so had completely given it up. I really appreciate the link, thank you again!

    And no problem at all for the video, very happy to be able to give back and contribute at least a tiny bit! I too thought it sounded interesting. I hope they follow through and the movie lives up to his intentions. I still canít guess who itís going to be (sometimes I think the tiny pieces of info are lining up to sound like it WILL be Ikaris. Other times (maybe it's my more cynical side) I think it won't be, that Marvel arenít there YET, to make the gay hero be their swoon-worthy heartthrob lead character, if you know what I mean? Iíd be happy to be proven wrong there, though.) but I agree, it sounds to me like itís at least going to be a prominent character, which is really good to hear.

  8. #14543
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, MAC had a page in Marvel Comics #1000 that did more for the character than her entire solo series, so yay! (Who? Me? Bitter? Nonsense!)

    Also, the YA page was really cool, but not what we'd been speculating. spoilers:
    Eli is back with the team, but they weren't celebrating Billy and Ted's wedding.
    end of spoilers
    Gurl I'm beggin. What else can you tell me. Bout America. Bout the boys. Bout it Bout it!

  9. #14544
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gurl I'm beggin. What else can you tell me. Bout America. Bout the boys. Bout it Bout it!
    Yes. Please spoil the MAC bit.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  10. #14545
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    God I didn't want the YA page to end

  11. #14546
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Everyone excited that MAC is getting her own show for Disney+?

    https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/s...68909840322560
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  12. #14547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gurl I'm beggin. What else can you tell me. Bout America. Bout the boys. Bout it Bout it!
    Spoilers for MAC.

    Spoilers for YA.

    This Week's Comics:Animosity #24, X-Men #1, Ignition v. 1

  13. #14548
    Mighty Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The first gay superhero is a big deal, I don't think it's too much of a hard-hitting question to ask about the significance of that.
    And hope that much good fruit is actively taken in as a result.

  14. #14549
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Also, the YA page was really cool, but not what we'd been speculating. spoilers:
    Eli is back with the team, but they weren't celebrating Billy and Ted's wedding.
    end of spoilers
    I'm actually glad about that, honestly.

    spoilers:
    I said this before, but I definitely don't think a one-page story could do a Billy/Teddy wedding justice, so it's ok by me that they didn't even try. When it happens, it should be in a book that's fully about them.
    end of spoilers

  15. #14550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm actually glad about that, honestly.

    spoilers:
    I said this before, but I definitely don't think a one-page story could do a Billy/Teddy wedding justice, so it's ok by me that they didn't even try. When it happens, it should be in a book that's fully about them.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. I didn't think anyone would be particularly upset about it.

    This Week's Comics:Animosity #24, X-Men #1, Ignition v. 1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •