View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 976 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 47687692696697297397497597697797897998098610261076 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,640 of 16966

I wish Wiccan was just a gay guy that was good at magic and not related to the most problematic comic book family in the most comic booky way possible.

I know Billy has fans but I wish he also wasn’t. Teddy as a Kree/Skrull hybrid prince raised on Earth has legs and could carry a book.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Assuming that Mephisto wasn't lying

Frankly, this is something that annoys the hell out of me, with regards to Young Avengers. Writers seem utterly unwilling to give them any meaningful development, leaving unaddressed obvious questions (like how can Speed and Wiccan be Wanda's kids?) for how long now?
    The lack of a proper explanation frustrates me too, but I get the feeling things are like this because Heinberg never got to write all of the arcs he had planned for the Young Avengers. Then flashforward to The Children's Crusade, where he had to wrap up all of his story on an event that had too much going on already, so we just got Wanda going like ''yep, you're my sons'' and that was it. I think after that, most writers just accepted that as canon and didn't bother to add more to the story, since it was already a complicated one as it was. James Robinson was probably the only one who revisited their origin in the Scarlet Witch solo to try and make sense of the timeline of their origins, but other than that, yeah, it's been a big question mark. The fact that Tommy is an underrated character and hardly gets any stories about himself also makes it harder, since we'd be more likely to have an arc about that on a book that features both of them more prominently. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next YA relaunch, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Now, I'm really confused... How can Tommy Shepherd and Billy Kaplan be Thomas and William Maximoff reincarnated if the were actually bits of Mephisto?
    My personal headcanon is that Mephisto didn't retrieve his soul completely from the babies. He got enough back to restore his body, but there were parts of him that were still out there, and those parts were the ones who eventually found their way to Billy and Tommy as we know them. I think it's a simple, logical way to explain how their souls were able to reincarnate when, supposedly, Mephisto had absorbed all of them back.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wish Wiccan was just a gay guy that was good at magic and not related to the most problematic comic book family in the most comic booky way possible.
    Well, the crux of making him just another generic magic guy is that he might've not stuck around for all those years if he was just that. Having an established, important connection to iconic stories and legacies of the Marvel Universe makes characters more attractive to the readers and writers, and therefore, more likely to be used in stories.

I know Billy has fans but I wish he also wasn’t. Teddy as a Kree/Skrull hybrid prince raised on Earth has legs and could carry a book.
    I don't see how Billy having fans is stopping Teddy from carrying a book. Both are not mutually exclusive. And if anything, most Billy fans would probably want to support a Teddy book too, because usually they are also fans of him. And with Incoming, HOPEFULLY Marvel has realized Teddy's potential for his own stories.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-18-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, the crux of making him just another generic magic guy is that he might've not stuck around for all those years if he was just that. Having an established, important connection to iconic stories and legacies of the Marvel Universe makes characters more attractive to the readers and writers, and therefore, more likely to be used in stories.
    I didn't say I didn't understand it the point of it. I said I wish he was simpler. I wish it wasn't necessary to be connected to all this Maximoff mess.

I don't see how Billy having fans is stopping Teddy from carrying a book. Both are not mutually exclusive. And if anything, most Billy fans would probably want to support a Teddy book too, because usually they are also fans of him. And with Incoming, HOPEFULLY Marvel has realized Teddy's potential for his own stories.
    Because I want him single and dating. I get the sense Billy and Teddy are tied in fans' minds tighter than Kurt and Blaine, and that's exhausting. They're so young. Date other people.

Because I want him single and dating. I get the sense Billy and Teddy are tied in fans' minds tighter than Kurt and Blaine, and that's exhausting. They're so young. Date other people.
    I'd REALLY rather not have that. Because I don't trust any of these writers to actually let gay characters date and have romance unless they're a pair.
    I mean when was the last time Striker or Anole had a date? Even one that lasted more than a couple pages only to never be acknowledged again...

Really I'd rather have them go out on date nights together. Have Billy and Teddy go out to a club or have dinner and the like.

Death's Head #3 spoilers

spoilers:
    Teddy got some much needed characterization in this issue, a lot of it was still about Billy's own issues, but it was also about how mentally exhausting and taxing it can be to have a relationship with someone with mental health issues.

Teddy puts in a lot of emotional labour into their relationship and making sure that they're both always okay. This was some good stuff
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Death's Head #3 spoilers

spoilers:
    Teddy got some much needed characterization in this issue, a lot of it was still about Billy's own issues, but it was also about how mentally exhausting and taxing it can be to have a relationship with someone with mental health issues.

Teddy puts in a lot of emotional labour into their relationship and making sure that they're both always okay. This was some good stuff
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. I loved getting some much needed POV from Teddy in this issue, specially since the first two issues were mainly told from Billy's POV.

So here's an interesting thing someone found out in an article from last year on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/scpphics/status/1173974901239308297

People are guessing Kamala, but I don't think Marvel would have the balls to make her queer, so I'm guessing it is (or it was, not sure if that made the cut) supposed to be one of her friends. Maybe Nakia?

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Death's Head #3 of 4 - more of Wiccan and Hulkling and this issue spent a bit more time looking at Teddy's point of view, which is a refreshing change.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #9 - no Phyla in this issue, but Moondragon was present and kicking ass. Also of note - the letters page confirmed that 616 Moondragon IS still alive...and hinted that she and the alternate reality Moondragon who is currently one of the Guardians may cross paths at some point.

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #7 - Zoe is featured in this issue

Anything else?

I didn't say I didn't understand it the point of it. I said I wish he was simpler. I wish it wasn't necessary to be connected to all this Maximoff mess.

Ugh

yAAAs to ALL this sh!t
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Guardians Of The Galaxy #9 - no Phyla in this issue, but Moondragon was present and kicking ass. Also of note - the letters page confirmed that 616 Moondragon IS still alive...and hinted that she and the alternate reality Moondragon who is currently one of the Guardians may cross paths at some point.
    That's GREAT to hear. Hopefully they have plans for 616 Phyla as well.

This has been bothering me so much. Praise the Magus.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Then why is the double even a thing? Unless maybe they kill off AU Moondragon and stick 616 Moondraogon with AU Phyla.
    So here's an interesting thing someone found out in an article from last year on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/scpphics/status/1173974901239308297

People are guessing Kamala, but I don't think Marvel would have the balls to make her queer, so I'm guessing it is (or it was, not sure if that made the cut) supposed to be one of her friends. Maybe Nakia?
    I could see it being an original character. Or I guess it could be Nakia even though she's straight in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Then why is the double even a thing? Unless maybe they kill off AU Moondragon and stick 616 Moondraogon with AU Phyla.
    Their doubles were introdued by Gerry Duggan, who was also the same writer who thought 616 Heather was dead for some reason. My guess is that he was just misinformed and did the AU thing as a quick fix to the situation. And then Cates came along and since those characters were already there, he decided to use them.

And I really hope they don't decide to ''mix up'' the two of them. If they're bringing back the old Heather, they better bring Phyla back as well.

I could see it being an original character. Or I guess it could be Nakia even though she's straight in the comics.
    I thought of Nakia because she was involved in a queer storyline from the Ms. Marvel comic (Zoe having a crush on her), plus, she seems to be a bit more conservative than Kamala, since she wears a hijab. Maybe they were rewriting the Zoe plot, but making Nakia return her feelings in that universe.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Their doubles were introdued by Gerry Duggan, who was also the same writer who thought 616 Heather was dead for some reason. My guess is that he was just misinformed and did the AU thing as a quick fix to the situation. And then Cates came along and since those characters were already there, he decided to use them.

And I really hope they don't decide to ''mix up'' the two of them. If they're bringing back the old Heather, they better bring Phyla back as well.
    Yeah, I know Duggan did it and was working under a wrong assumption, but I'm just not sure what's the point of keeping up with these doubles unless, I guess, they kill off the AU Moondragon or bring back Phyla and ship the doubles off.
    I thought of Nakia because she was involved in a queer storyline from the Ms. Marvel comic (Zoe having a crush on her), plus, she seems to be a bit more conservative than Kamala, since she wears a hijab. Maybe they were rewriting the Zoe plot, but making Nakia return her feelings in that universe.
    Or a case of "composite character."

I thought it might be Nakia too, but I'm not sure if she's actually been shown in the Marvel Rising cartoons? (Based on the IMDB listings for the various specials).

Watching some of the previews for the already-aired specials, Kamala blushes quite a bit when meeting Captain Marvel- maybe in the Rising-verse she has a crush on her?

I hadn't watched any of the Rising stuff before, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out they retained America's 'two moms' origin.