View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 981 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 48188193197197797897998098198298398498599110311081 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,715 of 16973
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Looks like we can add Isaac Ikeda (the Protector of Pan) to the list of LGBTQ+ characters.
    Haven't read that yet. Anyone care to share the details? Also, if they don't make him pansexual, it'll be such a missed opportunity of a pun, considering his title.

BTW, Strikeforce #2 seems to have definitely confirmed Satana as a part of the community. I think I read about how she had been perceived as queer before, but I don't think there's any doubt about that now. I'm kinda hoping Daimon will be outed too, just because I've always seen him as Marvel's ''Constantine'' in a way, so they might as well fulfill my selfish needs and make him bi too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Haven't read that yet. Anyone care to share the details? Also, if they don't make him pansexual, it'll be such a missed opportunity of a pun, considering his title.
    He and Raz are conspicuously hanging out in several scenes, for no obvious reason (and it gets remarked on by Cho), and then the last panel an NPC is talking up the romance angle of the marketing campaign for Pan, and how he had an idea for a new romance to show off in advertising, and it cuts to a scene of Raz and Issac walking together and closes on their linking pinky fingers as they walk.

I will always be miffed at Sera being sidelined for such a minor payoff (that at least was better than her being sent to limbo indefinitely), but I can't deny that Angela and Satana was hot hot hot. Satana is always a lot of fun, so she'd be great in Strikeforce going forward, especially bouncing off Angela and the rest of the team. I bet it would annoy Daimon too. (Most things do.)

Here for Isaac and Raz too! Raz is so smitten, I hope that it doesn't end badly for him.

Bling!

I love that Moondragon cover for GOTG. So pretty. And speaking of solicited covers, remember when I posted THIS below?

But on the other hand, Gerry Duggan kind of teased on Twitter that Christian Frost might be the guy that shows up alongside Bobby on the cover of one of the upcoming issues of Marauders, so I guess all is forgiven if they give me that IceFrost ship I've been craving.
    So we got the cover for that with better quality and it definitely looks like Christian. Just check the initials on his robe. COME TO ME, ICEFROST!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He and Raz are conspicuously hanging out in several scenes, for no obvious reason (and it gets remarked on by Cho), and then the last panel an NPC is talking up the romance angle of the marketing campaign for Pan, and how he had an idea for a new romance to show off in advertising, and it cuts to a scene of Raz and Issac walking together and closes on their linking pinky fingers as they walk.
    That's actually pretty cool. I'm glad Marvel hasn't completely forgotten about Raz; he's such an underrated legacy character. Giving him a superhero boyfriend on a superhero team is also a good way to keep him and his relationship relevant, so kudos to Marvel on that. Hopefully they'll continue to be involved in this AOA initiative Marvel seems to be pushing with multiple mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I will always be miffed at Sera being sidelined for such a minor payoff (that at least was better than her being sent to limbo indefinitely), but I can't deny that Angela and Satana was hot hot hot. Satana is always a lot of fun, so she'd be great in Strikeforce going forward, especially bouncing off Angela and the rest of the team. I bet it would annoy Daimon too. (Most things do.)
    I don't see Satangela being the kind of couple that lasts, but I'm ok with them being a thing for as long as this book runs. I liked the acknowledgement that Angela was heartbroken (likely because of Sera), so I'm interested in how her feelings will be explored in future issues.

Astonishing Member

BTW, Strikeforce #2 seems to have definitely confirmed Satana as a part of the community. I think I read about how she had been perceived as queer before, but I don't think there's any doubt about that now. I'm kinda hoping Daimon will be outed too, just because I've always seen him as Marvel's ''Constantine'' in a way, so they might as well fulfill my selfish needs and make him bi too.
    Yeah, Satana has been implied for a while--she felt up Moonstone during her time as a Thunderbolt, and she kissed America Chavez in WEST COAST AVENGERS. But those past examples were in the context of using her succubus powers, so it was never fully clear if she was legitimately attracted to women or if she was just literally using sex as a weapon. But this issue erased any doubts.

I can't recall any past examples of hints regarding Daimon, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed and I agree with you about him as Marvel's Constantine so it would feel natural enough.

I love that Moondragon cover for GOTG. So pretty. And speaking of solicited covers, remember when I posted THIS below?

So we got the cover for that with better quality and it definitely looks like Christian. Just check the initials on his robe. COME TO ME, ICEFROST!

Thank you so much for sharing that! I could only ever see a smaller version of the cover before, and I was trying to figure out who that was. You're right; that is almost certainly Christian! I am pleased to see that he is getting used again so soon after his return in ICEMAN.

I don't see Satangela being the kind of couple that lasts, but I'm ok with them being a thing for as long as this book runs. I liked the acknowledgement that Angela was heartbroken (likely because of Sera), so I'm interested in how her feelings will be explored in future issues.
    I agree that Angela and Satana are unlikely to become the next Marvel power couple, but it is a fun casual pairing at least. Satana's guest appearance here was so much fun, I hope Tini Howard plans to bring her back in future issues (hopefully as a recurring character in the series).

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Agents Of Atlas #3 of 5 - Giant-Man gets a new love interest, with a newly-outed superhero.

Marauders #1 - Iceman is part of the new team.

Strikeforce #2 - plenty of gay content in this issue, between the main cast, the guest stars, and even background characters at the nightclub the story was set in.

Valkyrie: Jane Foster #4 - Annabelle Riggs guest stars and Lisa Halloran (America's ex) also continues to appear as a supporting character.

Not bad! Did I miss anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Agents Of Atlas #3 of 5 - Giant-Man gets a new love interest, with a newly-outed superhero.

Marauders #1 - Iceman is part of the new team.

Strikeforce #2 - plenty of gay content in this issue, between the main cast, the guest stars, and even background characters at the nightclub the story was set in.

Valkyrie: Jane Foster #4 - Annabelle Riggs guest stars and Lisa Halloran (America's ex) also continues to appear as a supporting character.

Not bad! Did I miss anything else?
    Thanks for these roundups, because that is a good week! Gay men holding hands, a lesbian/bisexual kiss (confirming Satana's bisexuality), a Twunk in Speedos, and two separate lesbian supporting characters appearing in the same issue is a noteworthy week.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Angela and Satana was fun, but I'm hoping Sera will be brought back at some point. I think Tini could write her brand of humor really well.

I haven't been reading AoA so I looked up what Isaac looks like, his design reminds me of Ramone from Thompson's West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    When I saw the tweet at the bottom first I was like ''yeah, ok, that's a sound criticism''. But then he went there and used the Akira Yoshida card and I was like....

The salt is real. I had a little bit of hope that he could still make up with the current Marvel editorial, but after that, it's safe to say he doesn't even want to.

How has this not been posted here yet? Preview art from, what I'm assuming is, Marauders.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Incredible Member

OMG so good

So we have another alleged leak for the Eternals movie from 4chan, and this one doesn't specifically mention who the gay character is, but Ikaris is the only character mentioned as being married and having kids, which makes it sound like it might be him. I honestly don't even believe leaks from 4chan, they're usually BS, but just in case anyone wants to keep up with the rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    How has this not been posted here yet? Preview art from, what I'm assuming is, Marauders.

I'm hoping this is just a casual hookup, 'cause in a book with Pyro and Christian Frost, I much prefer if they go for the established character as his love interest instead of creating a new character who is more likely to be forgotten in future books. But hey, nothing wrong with Bobby living a little while he doesn't get serious with anyone. Good for him.