View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
750. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

26 3.47%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.60%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

20 2.67%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

44 5.87%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

37 4.93%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

40 5.33%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

43 5.73%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

65 8.67%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

39 5.20%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

109 14.53%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

60 8.00%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

21 2.80%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

37 4.93%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

46 6.13%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

151 20.13%
Page 983 of 987 FirstFirst ... 483883933973979980981982983984985986987 LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,745 of 14797
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Why is Storm so pale? She get the flu?
    I think that is the lighting in the club--there is a bright light shining on her.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So we have another alleged leak for the Eternals movie from 4chan, and this one doesn't specifically mention who the gay character is, but Ikaris is the only character mentioned as being married and having kids, which makes it sound like it might be him. I honestly don't even believe leaks from 4chan, they're usually BS, but just in case anyone wants to keep up with the rumors...
    There's been two alleged leaks about Eternals from 4chan, one that explicitly claims that Phastos is the gay character and this second one you linked that doesn't say who the gay character is but claims that Ikaris will have children like the gay character has been described. People have pointed out that the second "leak" is basically just the Neil Gaiman Eternals run and is more likely to be fake. I've also seen more people on Reddit claiming that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character and is going to come out while promoting the film.

From Empire.

That's interesting but it's still just speculation, that graphic doesn't have any new info it just lists facts about the characters from the comics and says that Ikaris being gay is a rumour.

At this point I'm like 99% sure that Phastos is the gay character. However if you remember all my detective work I posted a while back about The Eternals casting process I still think "Greek God" character and the gay character were the same role and that it was supposed to be Ikaris.

I think Marvel first thought to have Ikaris be the first gay superhero in a prominent role but then got cold feet and decided a character in a smaller role would be the first gay superhero. That's just my speculation based on all the casting info though.

I've also seen someone on Reddit who apparently works for a news site claim that they have sources who said Ikaris is going to be bi in the movie. Take that with another grain of salt as that could easily be based on speculation about Richard Madden's personal life as well.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

From Empire.

I saw that Ikaris description being shared around on social media, but I had no idea it had come from an actual magazine. Not sure if they have any actual source for this rumor or if they're just regurgitating the rumors we already know, though.

Why is Storm so pale? She get the flu?
    The colorist probably meant it to be the result of the lighting, but I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the way she is colored in this book overall. Editorial might wanna check on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    There's been two alleged leaks about Eternals from 4chan, one that explicitly claims that Phastos is the gay character and this second one you linked that doesn't say who the gay character is but claims that Ikaris will have children like the gay character has been described. People have pointed out that the second "leak" is basically just the Neil Gaiman Eternals run and is more likely to be fake. I've also seen more people on Reddit claiming that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character and is going to come out while promoting the film.

That's interesting but it's still just speculation, that graphic doesn't have any new info it just lists facts about the characters from the comics and says that Ikaris being gay is a rumour.

At this point I'm like 99% sure that Phastos is the gay character. However if you remember all my detective work I posted a while back about The Eternals casting process I still think "Greek God" character and the gay character were the same role and that it was supposed to be Ikaris.

I think Marvel first thought to have Ikaris be the first gay superhero in a prominent role but then got cold feet and decided a character in a smaller role would be the first gay superhero. That's just my speculation based on all the casting info though.

I've also seen someone on Reddit who apparently works for a news site claim that they have sources who said Ikaris is going to be bi in the movie. Take that with another grain of salt as that could easily be based on speculation about Richard Madden's personal life as well.
    You know what would be a cool twist? If it turns out that both Ikaris and Phastos are gay, and they're married to each other. But since Feige has referred to the gay character in the singular, it's likely that he is just one of the main cast members who've been announced.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-01-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You know what would be a cool twist? If it turns out that both Ikaris and Phastos are gay, and they're married to each other. But since Feige has referred to the gay character in the singular, it's likely that he is just one of the main cast members who've been announced.
    Yeah, I used to wonder if there might be two gay superheroes in this movie but it really only sounds like there's one plus his husband who will be a very minor figure. And if I were a betting man I'd definitely put my money on the gay character being the (what is most likely) smaller, less significant role.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 11-01-2019 at 08:03 PM.

This might be our first look at the first gay superhero in the MCU. Set photos of Phastos with Sersi and Thena.

https://twitter.com/BRMarvelNews/sta...33597946814465

The photos are a bit grainy but you can still see what his costume looks like.

Astonishing Member

This might be our first look at the first gay superhero in the MCU. Set photos of Phastos with Sersi and Thena.

https://twitter.com/BRMarvelNews/sta...33597946814465

The photos are a bit grainy but you can still see what his costume looks like.
    The first gay superhero will be in a the mcu film eternals but there were and are gay mcu superheroes in the mcu already on mcu tv like the runaways,aos etc..
    Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Category:Earth-199999 Characters | Marvel Database | FANDOM
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...999_Characters
    Last edited by mace11; 11-08-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    How has this not been posted here yet? Preview art from, what I'm assuming is, Marauders.

I wonder if Kitty will return Xian's feelings(If that is Xian next to her).

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The first gay superhero will be in a the mcu film eternals but there were and are gay mcu superheroes in the mcu already on mcu tv like the runaways,aos etc..
    Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Category:Earth-199999 Characters | Marvel Database | FANDOM
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...999_Characters
    You know what I meant, also it's debatable if any of those tv shows are actually a part of the MCU proper. Especially nowadays when most of the shows are getting cancelled and Disney is planning a new line of MCU shows for Disney+.

Beaubier twins are confirmed on Krakoa:

This Week's Comics: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #100, The Amazing Mary Jane #3

Astonishing Member

You know what I meant, also it's debatable if any of those tv shows are actually a part of the MCU proper. Especially nowadays when most of the shows are getting cancelled and Disney is planning a new line of MCU shows for Disney+.
    Check out this recent video and the links below.
    What happens to MARVEL TV with Kevin Feige Taking Over - MCU TV & Disney Plus Future
    Last edited by mace11; 11-08-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

MCU Disney+ Series Mandatory to Understand Future MCU Movies - MCU Future

Interesting connection talk.
    KEVIN FEIGE ADDS MARVEL CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER TITLE; HE’LL OVERSEE ALL CREATIVE & STORY INITIATIVES
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...552676/page-10

THREAD: MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE DISCUSSION PART II
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Part-II/page30
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Part-II/page31

and
    THREAD: GHOST RIDER & HELSTROM MCU HULU SERIES
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...u-Series/page2

Stop derailing the thread pls.

Mighty Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #6 - Felicia went out on a date...but it was with a man. Batroc the Leaper, to be precise. Batroc's man-crush on Captain America was discussed, but came just shy of actually coming out as an actual crush.

Dr. Doom #2 - Amy Chen (from Silver Sable's Wild Pack) appeared in this issue.

Fantastic Four #16 - This arc has introduced the super-team of another world, The Unparalleled, and some of their members are LGBT-specifically a lesbian couple named Kor and Kaylo.

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #9 - Zoe is in this issue.

New Mutants #1 - Karma is on the team

I think that's everything.

Mighty Member

The Week In Gay:

Agents Of Atlas #4 of 5: more of the Giant-Man and Issac Ikeda relationship

Black Cat Annual #1

Future Foundation #4 - no Julie Power in this issue, but Rikki Barnes and Tong both have active roles

Guardians Of The Galaxy #11 - Moondragon gets a bad-ass powerhouse moment in this issue, and Phyla appears as well among the army of cosmic heroes and villains controlled by the Church Of Universal Truth.

Runaways #27

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #50 - series finale. Koi Boi and Nancy both appear in the final issue. Its very sad to see this book come to an end. I'm sure Squirrel Girl will continue to appear elsewhere, but I hope this isn't the end for her great supporting cast members, including Koi Boi.

There isn't anything officially gay about Invaders #11, but even writer Chip Zdarsky has commented on parts of it reading like Cap/Namor slash. Plus we've got a few pages of topless Steve Rogers as well as flashback scenes to Namor's speedo days.

Anything else?

So, the issue left me a little confused if Starbrand was Brrrkk or Vinn (it seemed like Vinn though) but the Avengers that served with Odin confirmed that Starbrand was in a same sex relationship prior to his transformation.