View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 984 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast
Results 14,746 to 14,760 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Luciano Vecchio did a redesign for Koi Boi and I'm just....... his mind is so powerful I can't even!

Also Marvel, we just lost all of the ongoing books with trans rep. DO SOMETHING!
    Is this a canon redesign because it’s amazing and should really be used.

Unfortunately no, I think it's just fanart

Astonishing Member

Luciano Vecchio did a redesign for Koi Boi and I'm just....... his mind is so powerful I can't even!

Also Marvel, we just lost all of the ongoing books with trans rep. DO SOMETHING!
    Thanks for sharing that here -- that is an amazing redesign and it would be amazing to see Koi Boi using it or something very similar in the comics!

I really hope Koi Boi (and Chipmunk Hunk) aren't allowed to slip away into comics limbo for too long.

Wow I love that look for koi boy

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    [B]

Did I miss anything?
    Uhh Bobby and Sam do nothing to hide their sexual lust in front of Same wife Smasher in New Mutants#2
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Did I miss anything?
    Last week you missed Fantastic Four 2099 #1 where one of the members, Sian Cortez, was a lesbian married to a hologram named Vellum and another member was their daughter Bela.

spoilers:
    Too bad the entire team is killed by HERBIE at the end of the issue.
    end of spoilers

I don’t think there’s been a proper explanation for Koi Boi’s powers so just retcon him to be an X-Gene carrier and ship him off to Krakoa.

Koi Boi deserves better than becoming the latest teen to get shoved into the X-Men's clutches just to get ignored by all future writers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm not even sure if the X-office cares about whatever was established in the SG book after she was retconned to not be a mutant in the most transparent way ever. As far as they're concerned, Marvel was trying to make her corner of the MU none of their business.

Anyway, I think Ken's best shot right now, considering how minor of a character he is, is to follow wherever Doreen goes. He is a firmly established supporting character of hers, and she's been popular enough to appear in other books, whether it's a relaunch of her solo or a team book. If he can tag along with her, I think he'll be fine. It's what Marvel should've done with Serangela, but they were dumb and decided to make them part ways again, so now we're back to writers using Angela, and Sera being nowhere to be seen, because no one would likely bother to use her without Angela.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-29-2019 at 11:29 AM.

I’d rather his own mythology was explored as something unique. I’m not sure if it’s ever been directly stated (but working with the fact his surname, Shiga, is a Japanese Prefecture and koi are associated with the country) but I’ve always viewed him as Japanese-American. I think that, paired with his admiration of Namor, would make it pretty cool if he was a descendent or half-ningyo type character. It plays with Japanese mythology and it could set him on a path against Namor, who notoriously doesn’t play well with other sea folk, as he discovered his heritage.

I think it’s a disservice just to force characters into banners like mutant for the ease of story telling. If you’re gonna try and make a character last, they need to stand on their own.

That said, it’s very likely that Koi Boi won’t return until someone decides to push Squirrel Girl again. Which is unfortunate as it’s another trans character that’s simply faded into comic limbo.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I’d rather his own mythology was explored as something unique. I’m not sure if it’s ever been directly stated (but working with the fact his surname, Shiga, is a Japanese Prefecture and koi are associated with the country) but I’ve always viewed him as Japanese-American. I think that, paired with his admiration of Namor, would make it pretty cool if he was a descendent or half-ningyo type character. It plays with Japanese mythology and it could set him on a path against Namor, who notoriously doesn’t play well with other sea folk, as he discovered his heritage.
    You know, this just reminded me of the upcoming Atlantis Attacks mini we're getting with the Agents Of Atlas. With Ken being asian and an aquatic hero, it could be a pretty good book for him to appear.

Ultimate Member

You know, this just reminded me of the upcoming Atlantis Attacks mini we're getting with the Agents Of Atlas. With Ken being asian and an aquatic hero, it could be a pretty good book for him to appear.
    Yeah, Koi Boy finding a role on the Agents of Atlas could be fun, if as an underwater agent called upon to partner up with Wave (and Namora?) at some point, for an underwater mission, if nothing else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Last week you missed Fantastic Four 2099 #1 where one of the members, Sian Cortez, was a lesbian married to a hologram named Vellum and another member was their daughter Bela.
    Thanks for that!

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Jane Foster: Valkyrie #5 - Dr. Annabelle Riggs guest stars and Lisa Halloran also appears.

As BroHomo already pointed out, there was some Sunspot/Cannonball ho-yay in New Mutants #2.

That's it as far as I can see. Very light week!

Karma was also in New Mutants #2.

There was a giant splash page in X-Force #2 that included: Anole, Graymalkin, Callisto, Shatterstar, Daken, Northstar, and Doc Nemesis. Jubes and Pixie were there but they aren’t “officially” sapphic