View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 990 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 490890940980986987988989990991992993994100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The state of the Marvel Universe lmao. You're obviously just arguing for the hell of it now, so I'm just putting you on Ignore. Bye.
    First cutting off half of what I said in a response and now this "arguing for the hell of it". You sure like your little tactics to undermine peope you're discussing things with.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Disappointed the gay character is a committed boring old dude. No drama there outside a fridging for someone, which seems unlikely in an MCU movie, so essentially just screen filler and unlikely to be a key part of the film.
    I kind of have to agree, he’s sort of sounds like a Buttigieg character. He’s alright, maybe slightly better than nothing but I was thinking of a superman/Lois lane type relationship not a side character who’s only mission is picking up milk on the way home or something

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    No, I really don't. If I'd said MCU, I'd've said MCU.
    Okay so you're just going off on a tangent since everyone else was talking MCU and this was a discussion specifically about a future MCU character. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I kind of have to agree, he’s sort of sounds like a Buttigieg character. He’s alright, maybe slightly better than nothing but I was thinking of a superman/Lois lane type relationship not a side character who’s only mission is picking up milk on the way home or something
    Something I'm worried about too. I hope the guy will actually be plot relevant and get to have some impact but I'm worried at most we'll get a guy who just makes the cool stuff everyone else uses and maybe gets a one off scene fighting random faceless bad guys before the main villain(s) come by and he needs to by one of the main leads.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Okay so you're just going off on a tangent since everyone else was talking MCU and this was a discussion specifically about a future MCU character. Gotcha.
    Ah, so you're like the other guy, looking for something to argue about because me pointing something out bugged you. Gotcha. Bye.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Agents Of Atlas #5 - this was the conclusion to the current series, but it leads directly into the next Agents of Atlas miniseries, ATLANTIS ATTACKS, which will be coming soon.

Annihilation Scourge: Omega - all sorts of cameo appearances in this conclusion to the Annihilation Scourge event, including Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr).

Avengers #28 - the prehistoric gay Starbrand makes an appearance

Excalibur #4 - Rictor has an interesting encounter with some druids.

Future Foundation #5 - unfortunately this is the series finale, so it may be the last we see of Lightspeed, Rikki Barnes and Tong for a while (all of whom actively contribute to the solution of this issue's big problem)

Guardians Of The Galaxy #12 - Rocket gets most of the focus for this issue, but Moondragon does get a significant moment and Phyla is around too.

Gwenpool Strikes Back #5 of 5

Marauders #4 - Iceman only has a brief appearance in this issue, but the book brings back another LGBT mutant: Jumbo Carnation. Jumbo doesn't actually make an on-panel appearance, but is referenced with behind the scenes activities.

Runaways #28

Ok, I think that might be everything.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I still don't buy the idea that Tommy is canonically queer because a guy kissed him without his consent and reciprocity once. I think shippers have turned the Speed/Prodigy pairing into something much bigger than it actually was, tbh.

I'd argue that out of that panel, Hercules is more canonically queer than Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I still don't buy the idea that Tommy is canonically queer because a guy kissed him without his consent and reciprocity once. I think shippers have turned the Speed/Prodigy pairing into something much bigger than it actually was, tbh.

I'd argue that out of that panel, Hercules is more canonically queer than Tommy.
    Didn't they include Herc as one of the canonically LGBT heroes in that twitter thing too?

As annoying as the 'how' it was done would be, I wouldn't be all that mad if they ran (no pun intended) with things and just had Tommy be bi.

There's also at least one AU Tommy that is into guys (the one from that Secret Wars thing). And the writer for WCA might have gone with it too and included Tommy (and possibly Patriot too) in the "none of Kate's ex boyfriends are straight" thing they did in the last issue.
    Last edited by scourge; 12-21-2019 at 12:52 PM.

The upcoming Kree/Skrull event is called Empyre, and in case there needed to be any more confirmation Hulkling is one of the main characters, Young Avengers #11 is getting a True Believers reprint, as is the first appearance of his mom, Princess Anelle.

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – ANELLE #1
    Reprinting Fantastic Four (1961) #37
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – HULKLING #1
    Reprinting Young Avengers #11
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

Prodigy didn’t even know the person he was kissing was Speed. But like scourge said, the “how” is bad just like almost every other part of Gillen’s run but if we’re getting bisexual representation that can later be turned around to be positive, I’ll gladly take it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Didn't they include Herc as one of the canonically LGBT heroes in that twitter thing too?
    I don't think so, 'cause he said there were 6 queer kids, so that's Billy, Teddy, America, the gay couple from his Wasp book (forgot their names, sorry LOL) and another character who, according to him, was supposed to be Tommy.

As annoying as the 'how' it was done would be, I wouldn't be all that mad if they ran (no pun intended) with things and just had Tommy be bi.
    Yeah, any writer could do something like that in the future and I don't think it would be a big deal; I just feel like Jeremy saying on Twitter that this is canon right now when it's pretty much not doesn't help, 'cause I've seen some people already taking his word as gossip, and if any future writer who comes along doesn't write him as the bisexual icon who's in love with David, people are gonna be pissed, 'cause they created this characterization of Tommy in their heads that may not be seen by everyone. I feel like that's a big issue with Tommy stans on social media overall; a lot of what people seem to love about him is their headcanon to make up for how little development he gets in the actual comics.

I mean, we saw what happend with Hercules himself. Even though there was some actual canon evidence that he was queer in the 616 universe, Axel Alonso still didn't think that he was and that caused a whole drama in the fandom. Considering how minor Speed is as character, I expect editorial to pay attention to him even less, unfortunately. I just don't want people to keep building up hope for a representation that may not happen.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-21-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Oh David hopping from Boyfriend to twin I'm sure Billy would just "love" that! Truthfully David is obsessed with Billy more then he ever was with Tommy and Teddy but no one's ready for that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh David hopping from Boyfriend to twin I'm sure Billy would just "love" that! Truthfully David is obsessed with Billy more then he ever was with Tommy and Teddy but no one's ready for that conversation.
    Er what???
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Er what???
    I'm just being shady because I don't particularly care for the boyfriend kisser, not to say theirs not some truth behind the statement. Wanted Billy's boyfriend, what he thought was a perfect relationship, believes he plays some big important role in the rise to Billy"s Demiurge transformation etc...

Astonishing Member

Your point is valid, but to be fair a lot of the speculation about Tommy's sexuality is less about the kiss itself and more about how he reacted to it. He said "you're moving too fast", as opposed to "I'm not into guys" or something along those lines. His choice of wording implies that he was open to the possibility.

I don't think so, 'cause he said there were 6 queer kids, so that's Billy, Teddy, America, the gay couple from his Wasp book (forgot their names, sorry LOL) and another character who, according to him, was supposed to be Tommy.
    Shay and Ling are the two whose names you forgot.

Yeah, any writer could do something like that in the future and I don't think it would be a big deal; I just feel like Jeremy saying on Twitter that this is canon right now when it's pretty much not doesn't help, 'cause I've seen some people already taking his word as gossip, and if any future writer who comes along doesn't write him as the bisexual icon who's in love with David, people are gonna be pissed, 'cause they created this characterization of Tommy in their heads that may not be seen by everyone. I feel like that's a big issue with Tommy stans on social media overall; a lot of what people seem to love about him is their headcanon to make up for how little development he gets in the actual comics.
    Its a valid concern, for sure. But its worth noting that the shippers have been given other on-panel reasons to buy into this as well. In one of the various SECRET WARS tie-ins of the mashed up realities of Battleworld, there was a scene showing a big dance--and Tommy and David were shown dancing together and kissing in one or two panels.

It still doesn't necessarily make it cannon for 616 continuity. After all, there were other non-cannon couples shown there (Namor/Quicksilver, for example). However it does help to reinforce the shippers (and Whitley) thinking of Speed as bi.